First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the past I have owned a 1981 Datsun diesel pickup and a 2000 Chevy S10 which I still drive. So. I didn't need a test drive, I'm sure this will be a step up. In transit right now.

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove an Ecoboost about two months after ordering my Hybrid.

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope. Watched all the reviews available at the time. Knew it had to be an improvement over the '99 Ranger I had been driving for the previous 20 years.

greenlaker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT Hybrid/'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, but wife has a platform-mate Bronco Sport Outer Banks that we really like, so the Maverick should not be too different in most key measures.

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The morning of 10/21/21, I happened to mention to my wife that we no longer had a spare vehicle since we'd sold a 1998 Cherokee a few months prior. I suggested we look for something new/newer since we'd had a lot of problems with the Cherokee. She asked what that might be and I told her I'd been reading about the new Maverick. During the conversation, I jumped on CarGurus and did a search of the area so she could see what one looked like.

Lo and behold, one popped up at Gervais Ford in Ayer, MA about 30 miles from us. To my surprise she agreed to jump in the car and go look at it so we could see one in person and test drive it. When we got there we learned it was a customer order that had arrived the day before and been refused because the wife whose husband had ordered it decided she hated Velocity Blue.

We drove it, loved it, and bought it for MSRP that day. No sales gimmicks, add-ons, or dealer shenanigans. It was a pure stroke of luck and I thank the gods every day that I never had to deal with the ordering process.

And I wonder if the guy who originally ordered it has his replacement Maverick yet.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The morning of 10/21/21, I happened to mention to my wife that we no longer had a spare vehicle since we'd sold a 1998 Cherokee a few months prior. I suggested we look for something new/newer since we'd had a lot of problems with the Cherokee. She asked what that might be and I told her I'd been reading about the new Maverick. During the conversation, I jumped on CarGurus and did a search of the area so she could see what one looked like.

Lo and behold, one popped up at Gervais Ford in Ayer, MA about 30 miles from us. To my surprise she agreed to jump in the car and go look at it so we could see one in person and test drive it. When we got there we learned it was a customer order that had arrived the day before and been refused because the wife whose husband had ordered it decided she hated Velocity Blue.

We drove it, loved it, and bought it for MSRP that day. No sales gimmicks, add-ons, or dealer shenanigans. It was a pure stroke of luck and I thank the gods every day that I never had to deal with the ordering process.

And I wonder if the guy who originally ordered it has his replacement Maverick yet.
This is the best story I've read on the forums. Nobody ever got a Maverick the color, with the options they wanted at MSRP by just walking into a dealer and driving it home! You hit the lottory.

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to look at a Maverick with my Grandson. Wasn’t sure what to expect but was impressed. We got to drive a 2022 Cactus Grey one and I was sold on it immediately. My grandson loved the Mav. As much as I did so I bought when the previous owner backed out of the deal. I think the truck was ordered by the dealership to promote the vehicle. I never realized just how many options were on the Mav. Unti I got it home and did a really extensive walk around. This Mav. Is loaded to the max. I have since added a tonneau cover/hood deflector/ window deflectors/2”rough country lift/EGR Flares from real truck/Nerf Bars also from Realtruck. Went out yesterday and bought new seat covers and tomorrow I will get some 235/65/17 AT3 Cooper Discoverer tires installed. Longing for the spring to arrive so that I can install the flares and nerf bars.

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a footnote. My Mav. Is a Cactus Grey FX4 with the 4K tow package.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking for a replacement for my 2018 Chevy Colorado (exploded in my driveway and caught my house on fire . . . but that's another story) and my wife mentioned a Maverick. Had never heard that name associated with a truck and had certainly not seen one. My wife is queen of the internet and researched the heck out of it and after doing my own soul searching about buying a smaller truck, decided the Maverick was a better vehicle all around. Once I sat in one, I was sold.

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sat in one in at a dealership in Nov of 21, ordered, and about 370 days later I drive one for the first time after completing all the paperwork and making it mine. Zero regrets.

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gosh to hear of another happy Mav.owner.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove loaded eb oct, 2021
Ordered 11-3-2021. XL hybrid
Still waiting.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tested a hybrid escape with nearly identical specs and knew it was a winner. Was hard to believe it was a hybrid coming from Prius I expected it would be slow to get up to speed.