Sponsored

Did Ford remove the center console ambient lighting on ALL MY23 trims?! (Answer: YES! as confirmed by multiple MY23 owners of all trims)

OP
OP

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're correct. I checked again while parked in the garage, and there was no "additional" ambient light in the center console. When I checked it before late at night in total darkness, the engine start button light, gear shifter lights, rear slider window button light, and two usb connection lights made it appear like it did have some ambient light in the center ;)
Thanks for checking closer! So it is pretty much confirmed that Ford decided NOT to include that light for any of the MY23 trims.
Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that's true, then it was a running change for '22 model. My '22 Lariat Lux (October build) does NOT have that.
If was a Job 2 change. It's discussed many times on the forum.
Never is a long time and you lost your credibility.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If was a Job 2 change. It's discussed many times on the forum.
Never is a long time and you lost your credibility.
lol....OK Skippy! 🤠

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
If that's true, then it was a running change for '22 model. My '22 Lariat Lux (October build) does NOT have that.
It was a change at Job 2, all Job 1 Mavericks have the temp, all Job 2 and 2023s have the icon instead of actual temp. My daughter received a Job 1 and it has the temp. Plus the Maverick Brand Manager told me it was a Job 2 change in 22MY.

Sponsored

JohnnyM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, infinity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's already been asked and confirmed that the center console ambient lighting that was previously in all trim levels of the MY22 Maverick, with the Lariat trim getting additional ambient lighting for the door handles and foot wells, has been excluded from the MY23 XL and XLT trims.

What's interesting is that I've now heard 2 instances of a MY23 Lariat also missing the center console ambient lighting over on the Maverick subreddit.

It's starting to look like Ford got rid of the lighting in that area all together for the MY23 Maverick.

Can any other members with 23 Lariats confirm this?

Edit: Multiple MY23 Lariat owners have responded and confirmed that they too, do not have this light. So, I feel we can safely state that Ford did in fact decide to not put this light in ANY of the MY23 Mavericks.

For anyone, like myself, that is disappointed with this and would like to put in some kind of light there themselves, @blackb13 is the user that first discovered this exclusion and also did a fantastic job installing his own light.

His detailed post on the install can be seen here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-light-to-console-in-2023-xl-xlt-for-5.26272/
2023 XLT no center console ambient lighting or option. I wish I could see my cupholders.
I'll be purchasing one that plugs into cigarette lighter right there.

Ford Maverick Did Ford remove the center console ambient lighting on ALL MY23 trims?! (Answer: YES! as confirmed by multiple MY23 owners of all trims) PXL_20230119_195230571

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was never part of the Mav, even for '22 models.

I find the ambient dimming to be mostly ineffective. It's either ON or OFF. There is one tiny little reduction prior to being off, that's pretty much it. Based on the dimming control, one would think there would be multiple levels of brightness.....but the slider makes no difference until nearly off. Kinda dumb, IMO.
Digital temps on the dials absolutely were included on the early 22 mavs. My 22 Lariat built in February has digital readouts on both dials from the factory.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That was never part of the Mav, even for '22 models.

I find the ambient dimming to be mostly ineffective. It's either ON or OFF. There is one tiny little reduction prior to being off, that's pretty much it. Based on the dimming control, one would think there would be multiple levels of brightness.....but the slider makes no difference until nearly off. Kinda dumb, IMO.
Huh.... yours is weird.
Mine is weird too but I really like it and find it super useful.

Mine has 10 settings but 5 distinct brightness levels.

10-9 brightest.
8-7 my favorite, 80% brightness.
6-5 60% brightness
4-3 40% brightness
2-1 20% brightness
0 off.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Huh.... yours is weird.
Mine is weird too but I really like it and find it super useful.

Mine has 10 settings but 5 distinct brightness levels.

10-9 brightest.
8-7 my favorite, 80% brightness.
6-5 60% brightness
4-3 40% brightness
2-1 20% brightness
0 off.
That's how I would assume it should work..... but mine is basically on or off.

Sponsored