Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first dent is the deepest.

Aw man, I'm sorry
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

I mean dents on a pickup are bound to happen and while annoying it’s this early on atleast you didn’t get it on the outer body and just near the bed. Not as noticeable , I’m more curious how a wooden box did this of all things

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Part of me wants to say get a 2x4 and a rubber mallet and hit it from the top to see if you can flatten out the dent. Then as others have said, take it to a spray in liner place and have them hit that area. It will probably build up enough material where you wouldn't see it anymore.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a wooden box in the bed today. Some slack from the tiedown got loose, and while I was backing into my driveway the tire ran over the tiedown and pinned the wooden box up against the cab leaving this huge dent. Trying to figure out what to do next. Any ideas?
50813E14-C797-4439-BBC7-F429B8F0DAF0.jpeg
A shop can use a weld style dent puller to pull that out as best as possible. Then work the top side back to flat. Have some bed liner applied to that top surface as it will be as hidden as much is possible.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a wooden box in the bed today. Some slack from the tiedown got loose, and while I was backing into my driveway the tire ran over the tiedown and pinned the wooden box up against the cab leaving this huge dent. Trying to figure out what to do next. Any ideas?
044FBCCE-79EF-4883-A312-A5F730CF4C47.jpeg

I had a pretty severe dent on a door crease fixed by the dent guys. At least worth a try. I wish you good luck

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After seeing this, if I ever get my truck I'm NEVER putting anything in the bed EVER!

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A shop can use a weld style dent puller to pull that out as best as possible. Then work the top side back to flat. Have some bed liner applied to that top surface as it will be as hidden as much is possible.
id echo this, but id have a paintless dent guy come out and see what he could do WITHOUT welding, as much as you don't wanna believe it, any weld will promote rust when the paint on the back side is burned off from the spot welder. paintless as far as it'll go, and then bed liner up to the bottom of the window glass should make that all but disappear.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
044FBCCE-79EF-4883-A312-A5F730CF4C47.jpeg

A little touch-up paint to prevent rust and you will be the only one that will really know it’s there.

Or cover it with the drop-in liner when that becomes available. 😄

I did see your comment about bed covers not sitting flush anymore. If you use a bed cover, I could see how the bulge on top of dent would be an issue. Body Shop quote for that if you have to cover your bed at times.

Last edited:

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Find your self a bed liner place they can re spray the lip and build it up no problem
It's a truck - having bed rails covered with spray in bedliner is a great solution!

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
If it bothers you that much, sell it. You would probably get what you paid. Just promote it as Available Immediatly, No Waiting and No Market Pricing. Then go order another.
That dent would bug the hell out of me and would view it as a constant reminder of me being careless. I feel your pain and hope you find the right body guy to repair it to like new condition .

Sponsored

RG4245

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Sorry, boomer that this happens to a new truck. I’d first get some free advice from a dealer or local body shop…I’d see if there is access to the dent from behind the back seat of Maverick to push the dent outward, (probably not). But at least temporarily get some rust retardant paint (right color) and with an artists brush to cover the damaged bodywork that is exposed so it will not rust. I too would guess $700-$1,200 (since you live in NY). But too would look at having the dent covered with bed liner.
I think you mean "bummer"

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You just need a 2x4 and a hammer.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cheap fix - take a piece of wood and hammer. Place the wood over the dent (top and sides) and pound it as flat as you can. Then a little touch up paint and touch up the bed with a spray can of liner. Probably less than $25 total.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I too would guess $700-$1,200 (since you live in NY), but a good body guy could make most of it disappear with "filler" for a couple of hundred. But would look at having the dent covered with bed liner.
A good body guy wouldn't do anything for a couple of hundred other than pull the truck into the shop. LOL

Sandstorm

Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You'd be amazed at what a competent paintless dent repair person can do. I'd at least have them look at it first. Usually their only requirement for a perfect fix is access to behind the dent.
Sponsored