First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geico wanted to send me to a local (horrible) Safelight location nearby whose quote was $874. They said I could find someone else locally and they'd cover anything up to that amount. I have a very reputable, family-owned glass business nearby who quoted $830 for the non-OEM and $1,100 for OEM. When I asked about the difference, they assured me both are identical except for the Ford logo.

I was confused why Geico asked me if I had a push button start and heated seats in my XLT, but now that you mention it, they were likely trying to determine if I had a Lariat and needed the acoustic glass. Just did a search, apparently the non-acoustic part # ends in C, acoustic glass ends with a D.
Seems reasonable, glad you had someone trusted who could work on it. Did you have an issue with Safelight in general, or just that local franchise?
Sponsored

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Datsun L521 / 69 Datsun SRL311
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have an issue with Safelight in general, or just that local franchise?
There are a handful of Safelights in my area, all of which have Google/Yelp reviews with less than 2 stars. Compare that to the local shop with 4.9 stars and cheaper quote, seemed like a no brainer. Bonus points on the acoustic glass when it's 2 notches above what I ordered and paid for. 😁

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a handful of Safelights in my area, all of which have Google/Yelp reviews with less than 2 stars. Compare that to the local shop with 4.9 stars and cheaper quote, seemed like a no brainer. Bonus points on the acoustic glass when it's 2 notches above what I ordered and paid for. 😁
Glad that it worked out! Please let us know if there's a noticeable difference in the noise levels when driving. (Again, my non-acoustic glass Mav seems pleasantly quiet to me, but I know some folks have reported that the acoustic windshield is quieter...)

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again, my non-acoustic glass Mav seems pleasantly quiet to me
Didn't notice a difference in 30 miles of driving earlier, but will do. I agree, XLT glass was totally pleasant and acceptable (before its puncture wound).

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad that it worked out! Please let us know if there's a noticeable difference in the noise levels when driving.
So, can confirm there is a difference. First noticed much less direct injection chatter in cabin on cold starts. After a long, windy highway drive yesterday, definitely less noise while cruising too.

Sponsored

qwengler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally picked up my alto blue XLT lux hybrid on Friday! No issues, runs great so far, Chapman was very pleasant to work with. Private certificate and IL farm bureau discount came through with no issues.

I feel like I must have been one of the last few, as I was an oct order originally and wasn't willing to remove stuff like cp360. any '22 rollovers still waiting for theirs?

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! I've got a little over 2100 miles on mine and still loving it... easy to say now, but it was worth the wait! :)

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ditto. I'm gad to see you in the "I got mine" club. You should be loving it also!

I have better than 10K on mine, and now consistently getting 50+mpg. I like it so much I've ordered another one. Orders are free, thus being cheap insurance given the delays. I expect I'll be needing it in the next year or so anyway.

Curious if @theway-yay-ting will continue with the Horsham order count tracking... Nobody has Ashlie's ear like he does...

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious if @theway-yay-ting will continue with the Horsham order count tracking... Nobody has Ashlie's ear like he does...
I dunno, I suspect she'll be sick of answering my questions at this point, especially since I don't have an order with them for MY24. ;)

qwengler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought about placing another order. Still might if they're not closed, but Im definitely in a "reap the spoils" type of mindset now. Its true though that theyre free to get the order in, and if theres a possibility these vehicles are still worth more than what were paying for them, then it could be worth it.

Would think ford would finally start to catch up on the pricing and production volume, which might lower the market for flipping, but who knows.

looking335

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ditto. I'm gad to see you in the "I got mine" club. You should be loving it also!

I have better than 10K on mine, and now consistently getting 50+mpg. I like it so much I've ordered another one. Orders are free, thus being cheap insurance given the delays. I expect I'll be needing it in the next year or so anyway.

I forgot I had an order in with another dealer. I wasn't getting Ford E-Mail updates on the order and my sales rep was not keeping in touch. I remembered the order back in June. When I checked with Ford chat it was unscheduled and not canceled. It was a hybrid and was never built so I got rolled over to a 2024. I am ordering another Tremor instead of keeping the 2024 a hybrid. With the private offer, the 2024 will be $900+ cheaper than my 2023. I lose the number pad but gain CoPilot 360 Assist.

I know @theway-yay-ting started the tracking for the original Chapman rollovers but us new 2023 customers greatly benefited from the updates. Whether he continues it for 2024MY or not, it was useful and appreciated for 2023MY. I always enjoyed reading this thread.

I am enjoying my Maverick too. I picked it up in June and still find myself smiling when I'm sitting behind the wheel of it. I love everything about it. As is my luck when I get a new vehicle, I caught a rock a couple weeks ago so waiting for a Ford replacement windshield to arrive.
Sponsored