CanteloopeUS12

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From reading on here a lot, the Deep Sleep issue is caused by a wiring harness issue between the high voltage battery and the 12v battery. Something to do with the 12v battery not getting charged.

Is there a recall on it, or did anyone ever get a permanent fix worked out? I sort of remember one person here saying their dealer's tech had gotten some kind of wire spliced and that was considered a "permanent fix" by Ford, but did Ford push that as a TSB or anything?
Dearborn, Michigan resident here, and first (and last) time Ford truck buyer here. I had that issue FIVE times with my 2022 Hybrid Maverick! The dealerships (Bill Brown and Village Ford) however, were great, tried their best, gave me nice loaner cars, kept it for over a week at a time, trying their best. Then maybe a month, maybe 2 months, maybe 3, AGAIN Id go to start it, and nothing. I was in tears when it stranded me on Thanksgiving day when the dealerships were all closed. When I finally got it to the dealership yet again I called Ford customer service and spoke to them about the issue. I sent them an email as well. I also texted the chat BEGGING them to PLEASE send one of their engineers out to try to look at the problem more intently since the mechanics at the dealerships seemed at loss as to what to do. Customer service never got back with me, the chat was useless. Ford never sent anyone out to the dealerships. I honestly tried to support my town of Dearborn by purchasing a Ford, but cannot rely on their product less than 2 years old. Ford ignored my pleas for help. I honestly wanted to keep and love that truck, but it was too unreliable. Needless to say, I gave up and went back to Honda.
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a matter of time that someone would give up. You buy a new vehicle because you want a reliable vehicle. In CanteloopeUS12's situation, he didn't have a reliable vehicle.

sockeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a matter of time that someone would give up. You buy a new vehicle because you want a reliable vehicle. In CanteloopeUS12's situation, he didn't have a reliable vehicle.
Really sad that Ford can't seem to come up with a solution to what seems to be a common problem. What's worse is they apparently won't even try.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For many Hybrid owners, replacing the battery (the one not under the hood) with one that has double the capacity (52aH new battery, the OEM has 27 aH) has fixed their problem. There are many threads that discuss this issue on this forum.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No deep sleep issues the first winter. This winter 4 times, but none that affected starting. Just ran the car with no accessories and turned on defroster when needed. Guess if happens a lot on winter 3, will ask Ford about it and do have the tail light and engine recalls. Guess it would be a good time to have all three issues looked at.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For many Hybrid owners, replacing the battery (the one not under the hood) with one that has double the capacity (52aH new battery, the OEM has 27 aH) has fixed their problem. There are many threads that discuss this issue on this forum.
Totally agree. The Maverick's computer system requires a lot of battery juice long after you shut down the vehicle. The truck is just doing what it's supposed to do. Putting in an inferior battery causes this issues.
Sponsored