teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From reading on here a lot, the Deep Sleep issue is caused by a wiring harness issue between the high voltage battery and the 12v battery. Something to do with the 12v battery not getting charged.

Is there a recall on it, or did anyone ever get a permanent fix worked out? I sort of remember one person here saying their dealer's tech had gotten some kind of wire spliced and that was considered a "permanent fix" by Ford, but did Ford push that as a TSB or anything?
Sponsored

Last edited:

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is apparently not just a hybrid problem. I picked up my 2.0 ecoboost in December. No real issues until this AM. I put the key in to start and NOTHING! My Ford pass said it was in deep sleep. I only have a charger maintainer here. I hooked that up but the green and yellow lights just alternate blinking. It may have charged over 24 hours or so, but I wasn't going to wait for that. I called the dealer I bought it from and asked how to start my Maverick. He said "I don't know" He did give me the road side assistance number. (I Don't Know? I can do that job)
After doing a google search, it said if it won't start try jump starting. That worked. Lucky I had cables here. You do have to rev the engine on the assist vehicle like the old days.
The yellow light on the maintainer is solid so the battery should be charging. I generally hook up a maintainer if I know I won't drive it for a month or so, but I drove it yesterday.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This is apparently not just a hybrid problem. I picked up my 2.0 ecoboost in December. No real issues until this AM. I put the key in to start and NOTHING! My Ford pass said it was in deep sleep. I only have a charger maintainer here. I hooked that up but the green and yellow lights just alternate blinking. It may have charged over 24 hours or so, but I wasn't going to wait for that. I called the dealer I bought it from and asked how to start my Maverick. He said "I don't know" He did give me the road side assistance number. (I Don't Know? I can do that job)
After doing a google search, it said if it won't start try jump starting. That worked. Lucky I had cables here. You do have to rev the engine on the assist vehicle like the old days.
The yellow light on the maintainer is solid so the battery should be charging. I generally hook up a maintainer if I know I won't drive it for a month or so, but I drove it yesterday.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Same problem here. I picked up my 2.0 in December and today every time I used my truck about 20 minutes later received a message saying it was going into deep sleep. I checked the battery voltage and it's at 11.5. I contacted my battery maintainer and will check it in the morning.

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update. I neglected to say, after getting it started I drove it a little over 20 miles at highway speeds and then hooked up the maintainer/charger. It still took about 48 hours for the light to turn green indicating the battery is fully charged.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like it might be an alternator or voltage regulator issue on the EBs. I don't think it's the same condition as the hybrids may be experiencing, so I would also suspect it won'g be the same fix.

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2.0, and was getting the deep sleep message randomly. I noticed one night when I locked the truck that the display screen and the controls beneath it were staying illuminated after all other lights had gone out. Opened the door, relocked the truck, and all went out as they should. Since, I have started checking for this whenever I lock it, and haven't had the message anymore. YMMV.

DeeBow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick xlt
Hello, new to the forum so I hope I am not messing up on forum etiquette. My 2022 Hybrid XLT ordered 10/15/21 just hit the lot. I have not take possession of it and hearing about things like deep sleep and needing to buy a battery charge pack to keep in it have me wondering if I even want the thing. Is this an issue with a lot of Mavericks or just a few?

OP
OP

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, the Maverick is a good enough truck that I'd have taken possession. Deep Sleep can be fixed. Just a matter of the dealership having enough time to disassemble it and get the solder joint done right.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deep sleep isn't entirely related to the wiring harness failure. And in any case a hybrid that's just now hitting the lot would be built after the date range where Ford [says] they addressed it.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. I neglected to say, after getting it started I drove it a little over 20 miles at highway speeds and then hooked up the maintainer/charger. It still took about 48 hours for the light to turn green indicating the battery is fully charged.
I have hybrid and have not checked into how and where to put maintainer on mine. Am not sure what type battery it actually is but expect deep cycle which 48-72 hours would be expected due to maintenance rate of charge whether by truck or charger on the last 5% of full charge. I normally use maintainer 3-4 times a year. The sealed batteries have to have slow rate of charge near the end to minimize off gassing.

dergrah

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too, am having a deep sleep problem with my EB. Happens a few times a week.

Ford Maverick Deep Sleep- Recall/Permanent Fix? 1665853468146

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I flashed my ecu and the deep sleep went away

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nevermind still got one today ...

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 5 day trip last week and left it sitting at the airport with a fully charged jump starter if needed. I had no issues when I returned. I suspect fully charging the battery with a maintainer may be the way to go until Ford has a solution.
Sponsored