Sponsored

[Debunked] Maverick Production Halted for Two Months - Per Ford Customer Service

nellie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang
So if my order is Jan 6 22 maybe Aug. Sept. at best for delivery to dealership

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But seriously, they started production on my truck late last week, and nothing has changed since the first window sticker. It shows an R at the top signifying Ramp. How long should that process take? Also, is the red box where the blend date will be?

1652197255028.png

Lastly, when I look at modules, it still has nothing. Should there be something in the red box? When I download the file, it's not very helpful.

1652197443830.png
For what it's worth, my order tracking started to show "in production" on Sunday, May 1. It continued to look that way until Wednesday, May 11. That evening I received an e-mail from Ford stating that my XL (hybrid) had been completed that day. The order tracking still showed "in production" until today. Now it has yesterday's date for both "in production" and "built." I think the tracking website doesn't update too often. Once a day perhaps?

Anyway, that was 10 days from "in production" to "built" in my case. This was an XL with very few added options other than Co-Pilot 360. If you have a luxury package or other complications, it might well take longer.

Last edited:

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if my order is Jan 6 22 maybe Aug. Sept. at best for delivery to dealership
Probably depends in part on trim level, Hybrid or Ecoboost, and how many additional features you ordered. My simple XL hybrid with Co-Pilot 360 was ordered and confirmed on August 25, and finally got built on May 11. We know there was a delay in building hybrids that didn't seem to affect the Ecoboost orders late last year. But mine was nine months to build and an expected additional month until delivery to Illinois.

Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat AWD, maybe Oct. thats a long wait
Yeah, it's long. When I ordered I guessed 3-4 months and the dealer said "Maybe."

However, they are building many more Mavs per month now than they were last fall, so you may not have to wait quite as long as some of us did.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But seriously, they started production on my truck late last week, and nothing has changed since the first window sticker. It shows an R at the top signifying Ramp. How long should that process take? Also, is the red box where the blend date will be?

1652197255028.png

Lastly, when I look at modules, it still has nothing. Should there be something in the red box? When I download the file, it's not very helpful.

1652197443830.png
I know @fordvideoguy "debunked" this myth, but I'm beginning to feel like it's actually not a myth.

I posted last Tuesday that my truck was invoiced (window sticker created) on 5/3 (or 5/4) and that not one thing had changed. 6 days later, and not one thing has changed.

Maybe they only halted Clemson grads' trucks. :)

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know @fordvideoguy "debunked" this myth, but I'm beginning to feel like it's actually not a myth.

I posted last Tuesday that my truck was invoiced (window sticker created) on 5/3 (or 5/4) and that not one thing had changed. 6 days later, and not one thing has changed.

Maybe they only halted Clemson grads' trucks. :)
FWIW I was able to see my window sticker on 4/9. My truck wasn’t scheduled to be built until 4/20. During that time, nothing changed on my sticker.

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1652197255028.png

1652197443830.png
Where do you find this info. I've been in production since 5/4- present.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW I was able to see my window sticker on 4/9. My truck wasn’t scheduled to be built until 4/20. During that time, nothing changed on my sticker.
I appreciate it.

So your build date was 4/20, and your ship date was 4/26. My build date was 5/9, and 7 days later...nothing. Apparently I'm not the only one. There's a thread with 5 pages of people with a May build date that are seeing little to no progress.

Patience is still a virtue. I might be one of the most "virtuous" people ever by the time this process is finished. :)

But seriously, thanks for the encouragement.

Reactions: Aza

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate it.

So your build date was 4/20, and your ship date was 4/26. My build date was 5/9, and 7 days later...nothing. Apparently I'm not the only one. There's a thread with 5 pages of people with a May build date that are seeing little to no progress.

Patience is still a virtue. I might be one of the most "virtuous" people ever by the time this process is finished. :)

But seriously, thanks for the encouragement.
I also got a build week of 5/9. Was able to see window sticker the week before (5/4). No other updates, so I went on the Ford chat this morning and the agent told me my vehicle went into production on 5/13. Hoping I’ll get some more news this week.

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also got a build week of 5/9. Was able to see window sticker the week before (5/4). No other updates, so I went on the Ford chat this morning and the agent told me my vehicle went into production on 5/13. Hoping I’ll get some more news this week.
I some to ford on chat today. They were useless and just gave me cut and paste answers. If been in production now 13 days with no change

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted this on another thread, but I FINALLY got some progress. All the modules on my truck (like 576 of them) appear to have been implemented. Also, the "In Production" date was added. Exciting times.

I hope everyone else is right behind me (or even ahead of me and just don't know it yet).

Ford Maverick [Debunked] Maverick Production Halted for Two Months - Per Ford Customer Service 1652818187564

Ford Maverick [Debunked] Maverick Production Halted for Two Months - Per Ford Customer Service 1652818291740

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I officially don't believe this is debunked.

I just got off the phone with Ford, and they said my truck is indeed in production and has an end date of 6/27. I asked if that was the day it was expected to be at the dealership, and he said, "No, that's the latest date it will be completed." JUNE TWENTY-SEVENTH!!!

Surely he meant 5/27, so I clarified and said, "You know that's more than a month away, right?" And he said yes, something is holding it up at the factory, but he didn't know what.

I know, I know. It's entirely possible I press the "Submit" button on this I'm frustrated comment and then Ford finishes my truck and gets it to me by 6/15. It's also entirely possible I won't be getting a truck until AUGUST.

And though I'm incredibly frustrated, I appreciate the Ford associate's honesty very much.

Dang, now that I think about it, when I was clarifying he meant finishing the truck in June and not May, I probably should have clarified he meant 2022 and not 2023.
Sponsored