Sponsored

[Debunked] Maverick Production Halted for Two Months - Per Ford Customer Service

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I officially don't believe this is debunked.

I just got off the phone with Ford, and they said my truck is indeed in production and has an end date of 6/27. I asked if that was the day it was expected to be at the dealership, and he said, "No, that's the latest date it will be completed." JUNE TWENTY-SEVENTH!!!

Surely he meant 5/27, so I clarified and said, "You know that's more than a month away, right?" And he said yes, something is holding it up at the factory, but he didn't know what.

I know, I know. It's entirely possible I press the "Submit" button on this I'm frustrated comment and then Ford finishes my truck and gets it to me by 6/15. It's also entirely possible I won't be getting a truck until AUGUST.

Dang, now that I think about it, when I was clarifying he meant finishing the truck in June and not May, I probably should have clarified he meant 2022 and not 2023.
We're in the same boat my friend
I officially don't believe this is debunked.

I just got off the phone with Ford, and they said my truck is indeed in production and has an end date of 6/27. I asked if that was the day it was expected to be at the dealership, and he said, "No, that's the latest date it will be completed." JUNE TWENTY-SEVENTH!!!

Surely he meant 5/27, so I clarified and said, "You know that's more than a month away, right?" And he said yes, something is holding it up at the factory, but he didn't know what.

I know, I know. It's entirely possible I press the "Submit" button on this I'm frustrated comment and then Ford finishes my truck and gets it to me by 6/15. It's also entirely possible I won't be getting a truck until AUGUST.

And though I'm incredibly frustrated, I appreciate the Ford associate's honesty very much.

Dang, now that I think about it, when I was clarifying he meant finishing the truck in June and not May, I probably should have clarified he meant 2022 and not 2023.
We're in the same boat my friend. They are a joke and just give any excuse. The cyber chat is just cut and paste answers
Sponsored

Last edited:

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're in the same boat my friend

We're in the same boat my friend. They are a joke and just give any excuse. The cyber chat is just cut and paste answers
Did you check it last night or today? Maybe I have to get back on the "I believe it's debunked" side again (but the jury is still out).

I checked the OrderTrack.app site, and my truck was moved to "Awaiting Shipment" status, and this morning Ford's tracking sight said my truck was "Built" as of yesterday.

The OrderTrack.app site said vehicles usually stay in the "In Production" status for 18 days, and mine was in it for 20. Now it says they generally sit in "Awaiting Shipment" for 6.8 days. Maybe it'll ship this time next week.

Check yours. I'm excited to see if it got changed too.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OrderTrack.app site said vehicles usually stay in the "In Production" status for 18 days, and mine was in it for 20. Now it says they generally sit in "Awaiting Shipment" for 6.8 days. Maybe it'll ship this time next week.

Exactly. After months of waiting, my XL hybrid sat in "In production" for over a week, then suddenly was built on May 11. Another week and it was "Shipped." I received an e-mail from Ford on each of those events. They predicted arrival at the dealer between June 8 and June 16. My dealer says his tracking shows that it is on a train car and inside the US now.

I note some people complain of "no news, no e-mail" from Ford. That can be the fault of your dealer who failed to pass your e-mail address to Ford accurately or at all. Apparently some dealers deliberately try to keep you from receiving direct mail from Ford because they want to be the intermediary to relay (or not) information to the buyer. Some of the stories here even seem to suggest that dealers have completely failed to file orders with Ford in a timely fashion.

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you check it last night or today? Maybe I have to get back on the "I believe it's debunked" side again (but the jury is still out).

I checked the OrderTrack.app site, and my truck was moved to "Awaiting Shipment" status, and this morning Ford's tracking sight said my truck was "Built" as of yesterday.

Same crap different day. It's been in production for 21 days. Order track is the same. I've checked that before. No change. I've I've been talking u my dealer. The GM took over my order and I've been pushing more frustration on him. Unfortunately he has the same info I have. The only thing I got was an estimated delivery date of 7/6/22

I've spoke to ford they have my email address and I never get updates.

Last edited:

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same crap different day. It's been in production for 21 days. Order track is the same. I've checked that before. No change. I've I've been talking u my dealer. The GM took over my order and I've been pushing more frustration on him. Unfortunately he has the same info I have. The only thing I got was an estimated delivery date of 7/6/22

I've spoke to ford they have my email address and I never get updates.
I certainly know your frustration. Up until right before bedtime last night, I was feeling just like you are. I know it doesn't help, but with so many folks saying theirs was moved to "Built", I imagine you're right behind us. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I certainly know your frustration. Up until right before bedtime last night, I was feeling just like you are. I know it doesn't help, but with so many folks saying theirs was moved to "Built", I imagine you're right behind us. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.
Yes I just checked today multiple times and it's built. The orderapp actually showed Awaiting Shipment last night.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I just checked today multiple times and it's built. The orderapp actually showed Awaiting Shipment last night.
Yeah baby, YEAH!!!

Mine only sat in that status 2 days and now says shipped. I hope yours does the same.

Ford Maverick [Debunked] Maverick Production Halted for Two Months - Per Ford Customer Service yeah+baby+austin+powers

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah baby, YEAH!!!

Mine only sat in that status 2 days and now says shipped. I hope yours does the same.

yeah+baby+austin+powers.gif

I hope so. But I also don't mind them taking their time to check things out so I don't break down on the side of the road.

It's funny I ordered this before I knew I was having a kid, and now my kid is also going to be born before I get the truck. I'm like wtf lol

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope so. But I also don't mind them taking their time to check things out so I don't break down on the side of the road.

It's funny I ordered this before I knew I was having a kid, and now my kid is also going to be born before I get the truck. I'm like wtf lol
Congrats on the kid!!! That's wayyyyyyy more exciting (and much longer lasting) than a truck.

My three pieces of unsolicited advice on child rearing for you (and anyone else who's reading this):
1) Get godliness right, and everything else works out; get godliness wrong, and nothing else really matters. Teach your child godly principles.
2) Quantity time (not quality time) is of paramount importance. Quality time is good, but hours upon hours upon hours of time with your kid(s) doing normal, mundane, everyday stuff will help instill the good qualities you want in him/her and help you root out the bad/sinful ones.
3) Love their mom well even when it's hard...especially when it's hard!

Again congrats on the child. I'm REALLY excited for you!!. Lastly, I wasn't a huge fan of the infant stage, but every stage after that gets better than the previous one...right up until they leave home, rip your heart out, and take it with them. 😭 Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored