Dealer tried to charge me 8% over MSRP

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
I guess they always have to try, but really??? I shot that down quick. I explained I had three other dealers on speed dial I could call. Told him I was willing to drive to Long MacArthur Ford in Salina Kansas if need be. (757 miles from me). He came back with MSRP. Signed the deal and have my FORD Order Confirmation email.:cool:
Sponsored

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am imaging one day we maybe able to buy maverick or other car from amazon or Ford.com to escape from such dealer-made hassles :)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am imaging one day we maybe able to buy maverick or other car from amazon or Ford.com to escape from such dealer-made hassles :)
Definitely. Ford has said it's going on build as ordered model and only has to ask you to choose which dealers you would like to receive offers from after you have built your order. This should relieve them from price fixing lawsuits.

OP
OP
WhoDatFanMan

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
Many Brick and mortar businesses need to prepare for the future. I sold cars 32 years ago. GM told me a dealer makes their money with service dept.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many Brick and mortar businesses need to prepare for the future. I sold cars 32 years ago. GM told me a dealer makes their money with service dept.
I was told this too years ago.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely. Ford has said it's going on build as ordered model and only has to ask you to choose which dealers you would like to receive offers from after you have built your order. This should relieve them from price fixing lawsuits.
My dealer said this too when I went in to order.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess they always have to try, but really??? I shot that down quick. I explained I had three other dealers on speed dial I could call. Told him I was willing to drive to Long MacArthur Ford in Salina Kansas if need be. (757 miles from me). He came back with MSRP. Signed the deal and have my FORD Order Confirmation email.:cool:

I'm gonna go crazy if my dealer scams me. When I ordered my hybrid I asked for the " out the door price" and I hope he honors it
I've been afraid to bring up the issue because I don't want to jeopardize the delivery but I'm hoping all goes
well. I haven't seen another hybrid Maverick out in the wild here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois yet.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a good long term business strategy. I found one at Salem NH Ford and sales manager simply told me it's a long term business and we don't do markups. NO dealer markup. Asking price was MSRP before any negotiation. Did you know you can buy Samsung appliances direct form their website on line at MSRP delivered anywhere in US. You can buy any vehicle anywhere in the US and have it delivered. These type if guys are playing the sales tactics from years ago. Best to walk away!