Massachusetts dealer asking 5000$ over MSRP for 2023 orders

Trevijano Maverick

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
My local dealership contacted me to let me know that after months of wait I would be finally able to place an order for the Hybrid XLT that I am interested in purchasing. To my surprise they informed me that they have a $5000 mark-up for all new orders, which is something that they had assured me it wouldn't happen when I would check in with them these past months.
I walked out of the dealership feeling a bit cheated. I am not willing to pay anything over MSRP, do I have any options at this point? I read in another thread that you can report these practices to Ford, but I doubt this is effective.
Thank you for your input.
Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You can no longer order a hybrid, yesterday was the last day.

If you still want a Maverick it will have to be an Ecoboost.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry you weren't able to order a Hybrid in time. Right now, we don't know how many orders Ford has received in total. If Ford played it safe and closed orders prematurely, there could be a possibility of order banks reopening for a short period during the 2023 model year, but that would most likely be for Ecoboost orders only. The reality is that Ford Maverick Hybrids are likely sold out until 2024 model year at this point. Without an official statement from Ford, it's really hard to say though.

OP
OP

Trevijano Maverick

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Thank you, I see... I was ready to proceed with my order until I heard about the $5000 mark up. I think it was a very dishonest move, since they had sort of assured me in the past that new orders would not come with marked up prices, so I literally had two, three hours to come to terms with the new situation. Does Ford care about these practices?