Sponsored

Dealer said "Build Won't Arrive in 22" (Busted)

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the dealer can get accessories in 3-5 days, but the factory can't get the same items to install.
In many cases, it's not that the factory can't get the items, but it complicates the build because the options have to be installed off the line. That means they need laborers to do the install, separately from the build, and it doesn't just run down the line.
Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
In many cases, it's not that the factory can't get the items, but it complicates the build because the options have to be installed off the line. That means they need laborers to do the install, separately from the build, and it doesn't just run down the line.
So why offer any accessories if you can't install them for the customer? If you can't install the items, don't make them options at order time. Nothing complicated, just mismanagement.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So why offer any accessories if you can't install them for the customer? If you can't install the items, don't make them options at order time. Nothing complicated, just mismanagement.
Because these aren't normal times we find ourselves in. Regardless, it's not a big deal to have one's dealer install accessories that don't have to be done by the factory.

Sunset Ranch

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So the dealer can get accessories in 3-5 days, but the factory can't get the same items to install.
What kills me us they want us to drop bedliner, which we could get done after delivery, but it is part of the Lux package. So when you drop it you lose all if the rest of that package

OP
OP
Rob Cactus Gray

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife named it Bart Maverick.

Thanks Rob,
My wife also told me to visit Hair Club for Men and get the hair back that I lost over the last 9 months.
hahah šŸ˜€ I will need to stop by too. Miracle of life takes its toll.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the issue, whether it's the salesperson or not, doesn't matter that salesperson represents the dealers, and IF the GM turns a blind eye just means the dealership is the issue. IT's a sleazy dealership.

My dealer tacks on 2500 ADM and about $1800 of extras, I was able to get my Maverick without that stuff. BTW, I pick my Maverick up today. So they add $4300 to the cost of the truck it's their way of making additional money so if you want your Maverick you pay this or walk away.

I get why they are doing it, but on the other side, you are just pissing off your customers. THis might be why Ford is looking at the idea of dumping dealerships altogether.
I've never caught so much as a whisper about this. Makes zero sense taken at face value. Do you have any credible proof- or just stirring the pot?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because these aren't normal times we find ourselves in. Regardless, it's not a big deal to have one's dealer install accessories that don't have to be done by the factory.
in this day and age of labor shortages and businesses having to overpay beyond skill levels just to attract workers, I'm not sure I'd trust any old dealer service department to add stuff to my new truck. I tend to go for service deals on oil changes, but that's about it. Have even found that not foolproof- multiple wheel lugnuts only finger tight after a tire rotation last year. Luckily found it and had a lug wrench with me on the camping trip or it could have turned out badly :mad:

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in this day and age of labor shortages and businesses having to overpay beyond skill levels just to attract workers, I'm not sure I'd trust any old dealer service department to add stuff to my new truck. I tend to go for service deals on oil changes, but that's about it. Have even found that not foolproof- multiple wheel lugnuts only finger tight after a tire rotation last year. Luckily found it and had a lug wrench with me on the camping trip or it could have turned out badly :mad:
I hear you, but the reality is the two choices are to wait for the factory to be able to do it (which for some options will delay an order or even potentially push it to MY23) or have it done elsewhere. Maybe someday things will get closer to normal and the options won't be so limited.

JamestownND!

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev
Seems as though every day we see another post ā€œDealer called to tell me my order wonā€™t be built in 2022.ā€ It should be clear by now that the dealers donā€™t know if your truck will, or wonā€™t, be built in 2022. a few things that may be prompting these calls are below. It should be stressed that you have the power here, or the dealer would not call you. Do NOT cancel your order!

Edit - These are not a direct indication of nefarious acts by the dealership, or salesperson. This is to help make a more informed decision if approached by your dealer (salesperson). I have personally only heard ā€œlong long timeā€ from my car sales lady.

1. Claim - The dealer predicts that a bunch of orders wonā€™t make MY22 based on allocation history.

Reality ā€“ While completely true that some MY22 order wonā€™t be built you should take this claim with a grain of salt. No one can tell you for certain your order wonā€™t be built in MY22. Regardless, if you cancel your order, you will start back at square one in August for a MY23 and lose price protection.

2. Claim - The dealer was informed of roll over MY22 builds and supply shortages.

Reality - Both are factual claims, your build may not come in MY22. However, to price lock for MY23 KEEP YOUR ORDER.

3. Claim - The dealer is saying that Ford isnā€™t building any more Mavericks this year, or something along these lines.

Reality ā€“ The dealer wants to sell you truck with a huge mark up. Edit - Ford isnā€™t taking more orders for MY22 so someone might have gotten the information wrong.

4. Dealer wants you to remove constraint items to ensure a build date, for example: Co-Pilot 360, Lux Package, spray in bed liner, etc. Edit - Ford requested dealers do this.

Reality ā€“ This claim is partially true (Ford requested dealers do it), but I donā€™t recommend following it. No matter what packages are removed there is no assurance of a build date. However, the customer will lose price protection for the packages removed AND be less happy with the truck. My only exceptions are the spray in bed liner and bed covers. Those can be applied aftermarket with no downgrade. Additionally, if enough people remove the constraints your build has a better chance of being picked up. Ford wants us to build our trucks and you did, so keep it that way.

In summery

The dealer is looking out for the dealer. They want your truck to show up to sell it to anyone (if possible, not you). The sooner they get the truck the sooner they make a profit. Keep your order and keep hope that you get the magic email of a build date.

Bonus

Some of you want to leave your dealer after the headaches, but you can't transfer the order to another dealer. I've tried like hell to get this done and it is not possible.
Waiting is not a good option if you nerd the vehicle. Time to switch to someone else!

OP
OP
Rob Cactus Gray

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting is not a good option if you nerd the vehicle. Time to switch to someone else!
yes, always an option for those who need to throw in towel. Just donā€™t want any one to not know all the facts.

Sponsored

JamestownND!

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev
yes, always an option for those who need to throw in towel. Just donā€™t want any one to not know all the facts.
Facts- ordered in Sept (Lariat) Not one word from Ford except conformation email. Never received ANY contact from Ford or dealer. I may all inquires but never got an answer. Then received contact that they were canceling my order unless I dropped a.number of items from truck. Then maybe I might get a truck maybe no guarantees. Great customer service. NOT!

OP
OP
Rob Cactus Gray

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Facts- ordered in Sept (Lariat) Not one word from Ford except conformation email. Never received ANY contact from Ford or dealer. I may all inquires but never got an answer. Then received contact that they were canceling my order unless I dropped a.number of items from truck. Then maybe I might get a truck maybe no guarantees. Great customer service. NOT!
sounds just like what I was trying to warn people about. There are a lot of people here who have waited since June, July, and August are still waiting for a build date. I canā€™t make your order arrive faster but neither can your sales person. Cancelling items doesnā€™t guarantee anything. Iā€™m encouraging people to hold strong with their original order if possible (less easy to add on accessories).

Did you receive the original order confirmed email? Did they confirm your order in the Customer order verification program (drivers license and signed build date? Do you have your sales code and dealer number? Have you Called ford customer service? 800-334-4375. Ask for a $100 gift card for Ford Merch while on the phone.

The entire reason I posted this thread was for this type of confusion and frustration caused by Ford and itā€™s constituents.

It appears Ford is sending out another email tonight saying they are having problems with filling orders (my take). At least itā€™s something.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Harryg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 8/5/21 Cactus Gray XLT lux, 2.0 AWD,, Tow, spray in liner, soft cover. Built 3/13/22. Shipped 3/16/22, delivery is 4/9/22.
Sponsored