Sponsored

Dealer said it’ll be here in 3 weeks…

CrazedHoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Eco
I finally got my Maverick! Well, a local dealer had actually ordered one awhile back that had everything I wanted, and agreed to sell it to me for MSRP.

The weird thing is that he told me it would arrive at the dealership 3 weeks from the day (last Wednesday the 20th). He then told me the build date is scheduled to be November 8th. So he thinks my Maverick will be built November 8th, and then be here 2 days after… From what I’ve been reading, it’s taking a few weeks to over a month to ship Mavericks once they’re finished.

Do you think it was just classic dealer word play to get me to put my deposit down, or could he have actually been telling the truth?
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I finally got my Maverick! Well, a local dealer had actually ordered one awhile back that had everything I wanted, and agreed to sell it to me for MSRP.

The weird thing is that he told me it would arrive at the dealership 3 weeks from the day (last Wednesday the 20th). He then told me the build date is scheduled to be November 8th. So he thinks my Maverick will be built November 8th, and then be here 2 days after… From what I’ve been reading, it’s taking a few weeks to over a month to ship Mavericks once they’re finished.

Do you think it was just classic dealer word play to get me to put my deposit down, or could he have actually been telling the truth?
Easy to figure out, did his lips move when he talked? If they moved, he lied.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been some builds ship 2 days after being built. My built day was 10/6 and it just shipped on 10/20. I am hoping for this week, but it maybe next.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So more likely they'd get it end November. Considering you claimed it only a week ago that's still a lot faster turnaround than some of us who ordered months ago.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine within less than 2 weeks from when it was built. I also live up in Maine. It arrived over a week ahead of when the expected delivery from ford was
Sponsored