First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many Dealers would change their mind if you asked them to take a shipped Maverick from a dealer back east ?
5 out of the 7 I've talked to have said no when asked, with one saying "We don't make any money so I wouldn't let it on my lot"
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local dealer here in Northern CA wanted 2k over MSRP. Another I corresponded with in the Sacramento area said they were planning on a 5-10k markup (complete insanity). Through this website, I was able to find a few dealers in Northern and Southern California that are doing MSRP.
If a dealer does a 5-10k markup that negates one of the Maverick's selling points, the low price! I would expect a 1-2k markup once the Maverick begins to hit dealership inventory, but if you ordered one I don't see where a dealership can do a markup. I'm certainly glad that I've already ordered and my dealership has stated, in writing, MSRP along with usual tax, title and delivery cost.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
5 out of the 7 I've talked to have said no when asked, with one saying "We don't make any money so I wouldn't let it on my lot"
Most ask for around $250...... for the hassle $250 better than nothing

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a dealer does a 5-10k markup that negates one of the Maverick's selling points, the low price! I would expect a 1-2k markup once the Maverick begins to hit dealership inventory, but if you ordered one I don't see where a dealership can do a markup. I'm certainly glad that I've already ordered and my dealership has stated, in writing, MSRP along with usual tax, title and delivery cost.
Or join the Mustang Club of America for $35 and get X Plan pricing after waiting 90 days, that’s what I did figuring that a brand new model would be selling for msrp or above.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kind of followed the lead of some here.
I have 3 orders with 3 different dealers. Hopefully 1 of the 3 won't try any crazy, I hope.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
It depends on how it affects their alloc numbers.
If it counts against them, I can see why they would refuse. I doubt Mavericks will be lot princesses (go unsold). There will be those willing to pay msrp or higher for immediate delivery.
Car sales are one thing I have never dabbled in. The closest thing to negotiating I have ever done on a new vehicle is say I will pay X for the vehicle, will you sell it at that price? If they say anything other than yes I walk away. I bought a 96 Cherokee Sport HO with the salesman chasing me across the lot dropping the price to what I initially offered. I kept walking when he said he just needed manager approval.

When I talked to Tom at ChapmanFord in PA, he has already said how they were pricing, I was agreeable so I went for it. Did I contact other dealers before? Sure, I’d rather stay local. But, this is for a charitable foundation, every dollar saved means we can help more Veterans with TBI and more Alzheimer’s patients. So, Tom’s offer literally allows us to assist 4 more families keep their loved ones at home for an average of 14 months each. How much is that worth to the families? Priceless

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or join the Mustang Club of America for $35 and get X Plan pricing after waiting 90 days, that’s what I did figuring that a brand new model would be selling for msrp or above.
I joined Veterans Advantage to get the X Plan pricing after a 90 day wait. So far I'm not really see a lot of discount when I price "my" Maverick using the X plan. I'm guessing the real savings will in the doc fee because from what I've read the dealer can only charge up to $100.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my local Ford dealership that`s only 4 miles from my home that I have bought 5 other Fords from over the last 35 years and I talked with them about the new Maverick and they act like they had no clue what I was talking about. Then we talk about when they did find more out about the new Maverick that they now charge $2,500 on top of the MSRP on any new Ford vehicle on there lot that they sale, in stock or if I order it. They also had a $700 doc fee and a $1,000 required deposit . When they told me all this it help me to make my mind up to buy from Chapman Ford and I will save roughly $5,000 on buying from them. This is a no brainer for me.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My mom thinks the Thai chip shortage is because they put tracking chips in the SARS-2-Cov-19 vaccine, my SO’s mom thinks they cloned prince Harry from the shroud of Turin. Both, btw, have IQs measured over 120.
Your mom and prince Harry? I didn't know the prince was so smart

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many Dealers would change their mind if you asked them to take a shipped Maverick from a dealer back east ?
They would just say no

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually nothing would be better than 250 right??

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would never pay ADM’s on anything. I don’t care what it is. These stealerships can go out of business for all I care.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Your mom and prince Harry? I didn't know the prince was so smart
English is a terrible language, but other than Koine, Biblical Hebrew, and Vulgate Latin (and a smattering of Texican and Klingon) it’s the only non symbolic/maths language I can converse in.

obviously I was referring to the Shroud and Harry on IQs.

mall joking aside statistically the average conspiracy theorist has a higher IQ than the general population. We presume it is because they have to argue their blind spots, but we all have blind spots.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I joined Veterans Advantage to get the X Plan pricing after a 90 day wait. So far I'm not really see a lot of discount when I price "my" Maverick using the X plan. I'm guessing the real savings will in the doc fee because from what I've read the dealer can only charge up to $100.
I joined Veterans Advantage to use for my Maverick purchase. After 2 days of membership and snooping around the benefits, I decided their plan was something I would NEVER use. And I found a better deal through Tom at Chapman Ford in Horsham PA. I called Veterans Advantage and canceled my membership for a FULL refund. It just wasn't worth the $65 to use.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I joined Veterans Advantage to use for my Maverick purchase. After 2 days of membership and snooping around the benefits, I decided their plan was something I would NEVER use. And I found a better deal through Tom at Chapman Ford in Horsham PA. I called Veterans Advantage and canceled my membership for a FULL refund. It just wasn't worth the $65 to use.
Thanks for that info! I'm beginning to feel the same way. I'm just not seeing a big savings being able to use the X plan for my Maverick purchase. If I'm allowed to use the plan coupled the $500 military discount offered by Ford, then it might be worth having. I believe that I read in the X plan document that any and all other discounts currently offered can be coupled with the X plan, but I get I'll find out for sure when I'm sitting in the dealership figuring out all the paperwork!
Sponsored