Sponsored

Dealer is saying they cannot honor the Maverick Model Launch Program's production date rates.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford rates depend on area? Showing 3.9%/60 months where I'm at
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford rates depend on area? Showing 3.9%/60 months where I'm at
Presently, for 2022 Maverick:

1.9% - 36 months
2.9% - 48 months
3.9% - 60 months
5.9% - 72 months
7.9% - 84 months

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes. They mentioned that they have to pay out of pocket. I know they should be reimbursed if they have to, but they said they want to here that from Ford themselves.
I haven't heard anything about Ford reimbursing dealers for interest rates. @fordvideoguy has said multiple times that Ford will reimburse the difference in the price when you placed your order and the increased price showing on the Monroney sheet when your truck arrives.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you mean 2023?
You were talking about buying your 2022 Maverick. Those are the current Ford Credit promo rates for a 2022 Maverick. See the screenshot with the 5.9% 72 mo rate listed. They apply to said vehicle whether bought off the lot or if the dealer was not giving the protected rates from date of order.

2023 Maverick rates have no relevance to this thread, or your situation. That said, there are currently no promo rates for a 2023, thus nothing to be locked in.

Ford Maverick Dealer is saying they cannot honor the Maverick Model Launch Program's production date rates. 1667785761918

Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy that I actually got a Maverick - I wanted an XLT, received a XL. My dealer wanted to run my credit even though I brought a cashiers check. Just FYI, any hard credit check actually hurts your credit score. I told them if the cashiers check was not good enough they could keep my Maverick until the Cashiers check cleared - but if they ran my credit without my written permission, I would sue them - I went home with my Maverick.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is going to sound odd...

The ONLY knowledgeable line I called was the promotions line about my Farm Bureau credit. The lady that I worked with reached out to the department that will not speak to customers, where they confirmed that price protection is provided by Ford but it is up to the dealer to honor.

Good luck, I wish you the best. The main support line was mixed answers and nothing in writing, a huge waste of time. One even told me that Ford would send me the price protection difference. L-O-L yeah right.

As far as financing, I don't think the dealer has to do that, but check outside rates and mention you found better rates, they may magically come around. I am sure they get some incentives for financing sales through Ford.

Credit Unions are your best bet for a decent APR, although even that is rough right now. My Credit Union went from 2.19% to 4.74% since March.

Cjackson7646

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid Cactus Gray XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago when I picked up my truck. Dealership honored price at time of order but said they couldn’t do anything with rates from over a year ago due to the Fed raising interest rates so much in that time frame. Makes sense, but doesn’t make it any easier to hear. I had already waited over a year and after my test drive I knew I wanted the truck so I just signed on the dotted line. Can refinance at a later time.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the information I gathered here, you should be getting the interest rates from October, 2021. So that would be 0% - 36 mo, 0.9% - 48 mo, 1.9% - 60 mo, etc.

I don't understand why your dealer is being so difficult with this. The Ford Credit APRs don't even affect them anyways, only price protection on MSRP does. The dealer is still going to get the MSRP for the car, it just means Ford Credit is losing on that interest, not the dealer. Your dealer is just being difficult.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe OP didn't qualify for those rates.

Sponsored

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
From the information I gathered here, you should be getting the interest rates from October, 2021. So that would be 0% - 36 mo, 0.9% - 48 mo, 1.9% - 60 mo, etc.

I don't understand why your dealer is being so difficult with this. The Ford Credit APRs don't even affect them anyways, only price protection on MSRP does. The dealer is still going to get the MSRP for the car, it just means Ford Credit is losing on that interest, not the dealer. Your dealer is just being difficult.
Dealer gets a kickback from the bank on loans. The higher the interest rates they can sell the customer, the higher the kickback.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you mean 2023?
To counter this, I was given 1.9% on a 60 month through Ford Credit. They also were bumping you up one tier if your credit wasn't getting you the best rate. say you were a tier 2 instead of 1 they would give you the tier 1. If you were tier 1 then you didn't get any extra incentive.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick finally came in from an 2021 October order date. At first they wanted me on a 10% plan but I new my rates should be locked in with my production date. After pulling some teeth I was finally told that they do not honor this program and only honor the price protection of the vehicle itself, not the rates. They told me that I need to contact Ford, have them call the dealership themselves and guarantee that they will be reimbursed for the extra cost of the vehicle. I am planning on calling Ford's hotline tomorrow, but is there a number I can call or person I can contact directly that handles these issues? I remember somebody mentioning to tweet someone but I do not know who and if it can happen quickly before they sell my vehicle to someone else. I need some help.
Walk a sales manager at your store through the price and finance rates via Smart VINCENT by order or purchase date. Follow up with the F & I person when you take delivery.

You are the person who must handle this issue. Review the YT episodes @fordvideoguy has devoted to the subject. Screen shots of the Price Protection Program and it's details have been used by countless MTC posters to hold dealers accountable to Ford's policy letters and programs.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes. They mentioned that they have to pay out of pocket. I know they should be reimbursed if they have to, but they said they want to here that from Ford themselves.
I think you have this wrong unless I am understanding this wrong. Ford won’t reimburse for any financing terms. That is only for sale price and price protection not interest rate.
Sponsored