Sponsored

Dealer had me sign a new order sheet - says everything is the same...but seems off.

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
Yeah, there was much more drama after this. They emailed me back very shortly after telling me they'd canceled the 2nd truck order to let me know that they, in fact, had no record of the first order in their system but did have the 2nd order in the system which had a priority 10....even after Ford confirmed they had both orders in the system, one priority 19 (first one) and one priority 10 (second one). The dealership basically said there was nothing they could do as they personally had no record of the first one even though I provided him back with all of the information he had me sign when I originally did my order in August - including a signed build sheet and his emails indicating that they'd been received.

So, long story short, I canceled the 2nd order and I am likely going with another truck once GM puts out the EV Silverado. Or I'll just wait until my current car dies and see what's going on in the market. No idea. But there's no point in vying for this right now.
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screw those guys for ruining this experience for you! I wish we could skip the whole dealership scene!

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Bet the dealer kept both orders open and will sell off the lot. A friend of mine works for a large dealer network, all sale people ordered vehicles plus they got friends and family to submit licenses to order vehicles. These will be sold to customers who come in.

When I was in initial talks with dealer they asked for my license. I'm guessing they would have order a maverick using my ID if I did not place an actual order.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone clarify for me what the priority code means? My code on my order from a week ago is 15 .I had another order placed about three weeks ago that was code 19 . I cancelled said order as the dealer was jerking around with hidden fees and after I ordered about 3 days later told me that MSRP could go up I bailed my gut did not have a good feeling with the first dealer

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Bet the dealer kept both orders open and will sell off the lot. A friend of mine works for a large dealer network, all sale people ordered vehicles plus they got friends and family to submit licenses to order vehicles. These will be sold to customers who come in.

When I was in initial talks with dealer they asked for my license. I'm guessing they would have order a maverick using my ID if I did not place an actual order.
Can one contact Ford to see if there are any orders/reservations under their name?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
Yep, and when I called Ford they confirmed that they had the 2 orders based on both order numbers I was given in their system. Both order forms that I have include my name, all of my contact information, the priority codes, and the order numbers. I also have texts and emails indicating when they claimed to have put the order in the system, including an email back from the dealership when I got in touch with them over concerns that I hadn't received confirmation of an order from Ford yet with them indicating that the order was in their system and showing as processing. When I talked with the Ford rep, they indicated that both orders were in the system as in process/pre-production. They did also take my driver's license both times. So...yeah. I'm guessing they're getting both trucks with the order under my name.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just sent my original copy of my order from 8/2. It shows priority code of 80!!! Can this be changed? Should I cancel and reorder? Here’s a copy-
1634605183831.jpeg
That is a stock order. Mine says Retail.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other odd thing about that order sheet (in addition to the Type being "Stock Order" and the Priority Code of "80") is that it doesn't have your name on it.

I got an original DORA (order sheet) from my dealer, then got an updated one when I made a change. Both had my name under "Customer Name."

I'd be surprised if Ford has any record of you ordering a Maverick. But then I'm a suspicious person by nature.
Good point. That first order was definitely not for a customer. Mine has my name, retail, etc.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I wonder if the sales employees that are ghost ordering get the commission off of the sales.. This would be a good reason to get the family/friends to put in some ghost orders for you also..

Looking like there might not be as many real orders as once thought
... Maybe half are actual orders, i know my dealer ordered two for me. Which only one i will purchase.. The dealer did this because i wanted to change something on my order and told me this was the only way.. If there was a way to cancel the first order online i would but not going to sit on the phone for who knows how long for something that might not even be abled to be cancelled.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone clarify for me what the priority code means? My code on my order from a week ago is 15 .I had another order placed about three weeks ago that was code 19 . I cancelled said order as the dealer was jerking around with hidden fees and after I ordered about 3 days later told me that MSRP could go up I bailed my gut did not have a good feeling with the first dealer
I’m not so concerned about calling the dealer to tell them to change my code to 10 or something like so many said to do back early on.
My sheet said code 19. I’m scheduled for production in december with a hybrid. Ford will pull your order when it works for them.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, and when I called Ford they confirmed that they had the 2 orders based on both order numbers I was given in their system. Both order forms that I have include my name, all of my contact information, the priority codes, and the order numbers. I also have texts and emails indicating when they claimed to have put the order in the system, including an email back from the dealership when I got in touch with them over concerns that I hadn't received confirmation of an order from Ford yet with them indicating that the order was in their system and showing as processing. When I talked with the Ford rep, they indicated that both orders were in the system as in process/pre-production. They did also take my driver's license both times. So...yeah. I'm guessing they're getting both trucks with the order under my name.
Wow, I'm just reading about your experience for the first time. Hopefully you will still get emails from Ford about the status of the 1st order and can track it. If I were you I would show up when it's delivered and say hey guys, isn't this great? My original order wasn't lost after all! :)

Or when it's close to delivery you could call them saying you'll be there to buy your truck at no more than MSRP when it comes in. Anything different, and the news reporter you bring with you will report the whole story!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer ordered two for me. Which only one I will purchase.. The dealer did this because I wanted to change something on my order and told me this was the only way.
That's odd. Maybe it depends on when you do it. I know I've changed my order (as have others on this forum) without having to create a new one.

I hate to be suspicious, but maybe this is your dealer's way of getting another one on the lot to sell at MSRP+.

I guess the only downside for you is that your second order (the keeper) will have a later order date.

On the other hand, the theoretical upside is that you could buy them both and sell one at a profit.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I made the change a week later so both orders are a week apart. They said they cancelled the first order, which they might have, but I still have the tracking email and we will see once it makes progress. It doesn't indicate anything about being cancelled at the current time.

I was thinking about taking both but not for a profit, but maybe have someone take the first at MSRP. By the time mine are ready I don't think there will be a mark up for these cars anymore though.
Sponsored