Sponsored

Dealer didnt convert order

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford CMax
Anyone else have their dealer not convert their 2022 hybrid order over to 23? I ordered November 2021 and called to check in many times this year. They gave me some bs about not making it in time and they have my order info. Basically, I'm just another person in line now.

Ford HQ says my order is closed out. I have a private placement offer expiring in Jan 2023 but without an order in, its pretty worthless. So dissapointed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I realize this forum has been, in my opinion, a bit quick to recommend legal recourse. In this case, I am not sure that you don't have a good case. 6900 orders were roll overed. I would guess the number not rolled over because of dealer error/negligence is very small. I think the loss of the $2700 offer plus loss of past time and future time reordering and waiting would be considered by most courts. Dealer should at least settle for the $2700. However, I am NOT a lawyer.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else have their dealer not convert their 2022 hybrid order over to 23? I ordered November 2021. They gave me some bs about not making it in time and they have my order info.

Ford HQ says my order is closed out but I have a private placement offer expiring in Jan 2023. So dissapointed.
Sorry that happened to you!

I am certain that those private offers will be extended into 2023...... I think that you would be able to use it on another Maverick. So maybe you can find a refused retail Maverick to buy?

I don't see how a dealer could have missed that...... there were plenty of messages from Ford as to what needed to be done!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry that happened to you!

I am certain that those private offers will be extended into 2023...... I think that you would be able to use it on another Maverick. So maybe you can find a refused retail Maverick to buy?

I don't see how a dealer could have missed that...... there were plenty of messages from Ford as to what needed to be done!
Nope, unfortunately, it looks like I was wrong. I looked up the "rules" for this private offer:

Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Vehicle sale end user name must match the customer name on the retail order or will be subject to chargeback.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I realize this forum has been, in my opinion, a bit quick to recommend legal recourse. In this case, I am not sure that you don't have a good case. 6900 orders were roll overed. I would guess the number not rolled over because of dealer error/negligence is very small. I think the loss of the $2700 offer plus loss of past time and future time reordering and waiting would be considered by most courts. Dealer should at least settle for the $2700. However, I am NOT a lawyer.
Still think the dealership has legal standing. He isn't out any money. The loss of opportunity to save money doesn't equal actual dollars lost.

Also not a lawyer. But I've read a ton of legal decisions out of boredom to know there has to be money changing hands or proof of discrimination for a lawsuit to not be immediately tossed.

Bad customer service isn't a crime.

Sponsored

2023maverickhopeful

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else have their dealer not convert their 2022 hybrid order over to 23? I ordered November 2021. They gave me some bs about not making it in time and they have my order info.

Ford HQ says my order is closed out but I have a private placement offer expiring in Jan 2023. So dissapointed.
Shit at this point, were you not in their ass about the steps to do? At this point, everyone should assume their dealer is an idiot and treat them as such.

OP
OP
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford CMax
Shit at this point, were you not in their ass about the steps to do? At this point, everyone should assume their dealer is an idiot and treat them as such.
I called the dealer at least 7 times this year to check on my order....now it's just canceled apparently.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's a VERY SUBTLE hint:
A woman is sueing Kraft for $5 MILLION because it says on the box of Mac and Cheese, that it will be ready in 3 1/2 minutes. But, if you figure in the time it takes to open the package of cheese(?) and stir it in, it takes longer.

I would try to find out who her attorney is.

OR, just take a copy of the story into the dealership, drop it on the sales managers desk, and tell them to call you if they feel like talking before you sue.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

it is confusing and compared to the past 60+ years of customer retail orders from Ford, what has happened the last 2 years is unprecedented.

did you get any emails from Ford? if you did, especially about the private offer and related to what happens to 2022 that aren't scheduled, it would have been on you to take necessary action.

if you didn't get emails from Ford and it's because your dealer didn't have your email address properly attached to your order, AND you have other texts or emails from your dealer saying all was fine with your '22 order... then maybe you could pursue some recourse.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still think the dealership has legal standing. He isn't out any money. The loss of opportunity to save money doesn't equal actual dollars lost.

Also not a lawyer. But I've read a ton of legal decisions out of boredom to know there has to be money changing hands or proof of discrimination for a lawsuit to not be immediately tossed.

Bad customer service isn't a crime.
I suspect you are probably quite right. Your second sentence sounds like it was written by a lawyer!!! Perhaps when you get your new Lariat Maverick you will no longer be reading legal descriptions out of boredom??? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored