Sponsored

Did my dealer place my order? Getting tired of this…

ThatGuy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick XL Eco, 21' Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order on Friday and another order on Monday with the same dealership. I didn't receive any confirmation email either. I provided my sales codes and order codes to the Ford customer service chat and they said the orders were not in their tracking system. Fuck! They recommended to call the New Vehicle Support team at 800-334-4375. Their hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST. I will give them a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order on Friday and another order on Monday with the same dealership. I didn't receive any confirmation email either. I provided my sales codes and order codes to the Ford customer service chat and they said the orders were not in their tracking system. Fuck! They recommended to call the New Vehicle Support team at 800-334-4375. Their hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST. I will give them a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Good luck, and thanks for the new number to call!
Let us know what you find out!

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ouch. Hopefully you can work something out but the order banks being closed now....that sucks.

Seriously, some dealerships are just clownshows. How hard is it to place a damn order?

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I placed my order for a hybrid Maverick on Friday 9/16 because of the issues on 9/15. I bothered my salesperson all day and finally got a confirmation email from Ford that afternoon.

Realizing the order banks for hybrids closed yesterday, I reached out to my dealer again to confirm the order was placed…

C5E83AE8-E94E-45CA-B093-37D78534A167.png

I thought all was well and good until I read some threads on here, realizing that I needed to get unscheduled-clean status confirmation from Ford.

I call them, and they need my order code from the dealer. Nbd, I give them the code my salesperson gave me. No dice.

I call my salesperson, he says they use a temporary code, Ford will generate an order code.

I call Ford back and tell them what my salesperson told me. They say they can’t find my order with the order code I gave them.

I went back to my salesperson today and got this response…
9CD794E5-419B-42FF-8174-D5265BBC812F.png

Was my order placed? Is my dealership giving me the run around? Am I ever getting this mf’ing truck?
Please console me, or wallow in grief with me, or just share your experience so I can stop thinking about my own…
Ah. From that second text, I see the problem. Rather than an automobile salesperson, you appear to dealing with a partially literate 13 year old.

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Chat was able to find my order with my dealer name and location and my name, without either number. Maybe try that and play dumb.
Ford Chat also confirmed my order with my name. But they can't see order detail. Initially I ordered XLT and later changed to Lariat. Ford Chat can't confirm my trim.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TM11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Well, it happened... I finally got my "new ford order #"!!! It only took harassing the dealership for a week, but I got confirmation. The number was definitely available somewhere in their system, but they weren't able to locate it until they received DORA from Ford via snail mail (lol).

On the bright side, it looks like they actually placed my order on the 16th and ultimately gave me priority 13, so I'm super appreciative of my salesperson for putting up with me.

I called Ford to confirm the order was unscheduled-clean so I feel like I can finally rest easy, even if I don't see this car until 2025.

Thanks so much to everyone for their contributions and best of luck to anyone still in my position.

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was the order code different from what they told you to start with?

ThatGuy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick XL Eco, 21' Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I called Ford at 800-334-4375 and they were able to look up one of my two orders using the sales code and order code. The order they were able to look up was placed last Friday. They could not find the order I placed on Monday. I'm hopeful that there is just latency in the system for some orders. Anyways if only one of my orders got placed I can live with that

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ouch. Hopefully you can work something out but the order banks being closed now....that sucks.

Seriously, some dealerships are just clownshows. How hard is it to place a damn order?
Great idea on working the dealer to give you a good on one of the new "Dealer Stock" orders that he can still order!

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your dealer generates the Customer code, so your salesperson is lying or doesn't know what's going on. Ford CS cannot look up your order without it. You should also have a dealer Sales code. From the entirety of that message, I have to say that person was full of ....

Need an order guide to look up your order? SMH
I have the dealer and order codes from the Preview Order sheet that I signed and returned via email. Still today no verification from anyone. I’ve run out of patience and will move up the chain of command to rattle some cages. I’m trying not to create a hostile relationship assuming a truck is built and will have to deal with these people later but WTF is so hard to throw me a bone?

Sponsored

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're getting tired of it already, I STRONGLY advise bailing now. You may end up waiting a year before you get your truck.

Shbs19

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar issue, I was out of town from my Local dealer so I called and was told I could order over the phone or online and present ID when I return or also submit it online. I emailed Thursday (last week), was able to send in the info they requested and said they'd send a way to submit ID. I have since gotten a "Preview Order" form from the dealer, which does have an order number and sale number on it, but no confirmation from Ford directly or any further info. I reached out to them yesterday about when they would send the thing to confirm ID, but no dice just yet.

I know the dealership has my order at least, but i'm less clear if they were able to submit it to Ford by the deadline and don't want a suprise when I do go in once I'm back in town.

Is the division that's confirming the orders the Marketing HQ team, or is there another as the Marketing team is closed on weekends?
Sponsored