Sponsored

Did my dealer place my order? Getting tired of this…

Tcm777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't panic yet. But you should be able to confirm. My original order was last year 9/30/21. Found out in May that the order number I had belonged to someone else. Yes will not deal with the Dealership. But ordered my '23 yesterday. I won't get my red 1st edition hybrd. But I was able to confirm my order got in this time. Lucky me I may end up waiting 2 years for my truck. No one else should be this lucky. Hoping for the best for all of us!
Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez… the form I signed had an order code in top right along with dealer sales code, but that’s not getting any results when I call Ford to see if the order is in. Either my order is in and dealership doesn’t know my actual sales code, or I got an email despite my order being improperly entered.

Welp 🤷‍♂️
Could they have entered the
No luck. I tried my best, but they just said they can only see the dealer’s orders and order codes, couldn’t look me up by customer name.
Perhaps the dealership transposed the order code when entering and didn't realize it, Ford sent you an email so an order was placed. The dealership receives a list of there orders on a regular basis give it a few days and ask them to find your name on there list it should show an order code. Don't know the name of the earliest list they have , someone on here probably does. Plus try calling the customer service number at various times a different representative will give more information. All are friendly but some willing to try harder to find what you need.🛻

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No luck. I tried my best, but they just said they can only see the dealer’s orders and order codes, couldn’t look me up by customer name.
Not all Ford CS agents possess the gift of intelligence! Call back and try again. It worked for me!

PaulXLHybrid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I got a call from my dealer on the 16th and he explained the color I pre-ordered was no longer available and we changed it to Atlas Blue. Then I didn't hear anything from him and started hearing about people getting emails. I messaged him and he gave me the "Temp" order number as well but I didn't get the email. After some back and forth I finally got an email yesterday. Is there any way to look up when the order was placed. I am thinking the 4 day difference might end up costing me 4 months in delivery if he didn't place it on the 16th.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/🧭-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/ Doesn't do "Temp" orders and I have no idea what the vin would be. Guess I am stuck in the waiting game :(

Sponsored

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(people who have been waiting a year for their truck reading complaints of those who ordered 5 days ago)
1663813287237.png
The wait is one thing, but dealer incompetence is another.

My impression is that, on the orders that get bungled, there's a huge disconnect between the sales floor and the ordering desk... both of which are overwhelmed by the demand for this vehicle.

The demand is a great problem for FoMoCo to have, but the antiquated dealer model with poor customer service is shooting themselves in the foot.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
The wait is one thing, but dealer incompetence is another.

My impression is that, on the orders that get bungled, there's a huge disconnect between the sales floor and the ordering desk... both of which are overwhelmed by the demand for this vehicle.

The demand is a great problem for FoMoCo to have, but the antiquated dealer model with poor customer service is shooting themselves in the foot.
I agree. Too bad they can’t change things up a bit too help without rocking the boat somehow…maybe something like the ability for the customer to do most of the legwork submitting an order online…like build&price, order now, choose dealer, and bam, initial order created with ford, with instructions what dealer needs for order to proceed. work with dealer and they submit docs and such on their end, and once complete order proceeds. No wondering if order actually got placed or not or wrong/missing/temp codes or any of that.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dealer incompetence
If you're claiming some dealers are incompetent, I agree completely!
The disappointed and disgruntled customers we see are mostly created by incompetent and unethical dealers!
The best dealers deliver cars, not bull s***!
And yes, I am angry that it took me four tries to find my first straight forward(I think) dealer!
It took me six weeks to wise up! Now I hope to know in six months, if I wised-up enough.

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're claiming some dealers are incompetent, I agree completely!
The disappointed and disgruntled customers we see are mostly created by incompetent and unethical dealers!
To the dealer's credit, they are all getting squeezed. Operational costs are increasing while margins on these vehicles are decreasing. Consumer expectations have also changed. We expect the simplicity of Amazon orders on everything.

The customers would complain less if the ordering process were dead simple and the haggle was removed. FoMoCo could use modern tech to validate orders and fix prices to achieve predictable pricing and dealer profitability.

Right now, the car is only a tiny part of the sale. They're selling financing, service plans, and other junk. Dealers need these products to remain profitable. All dealers are essentially the same here. Manufacturers are battling themselves into the lowest advertisable MSRP while dealers scramble for crumbs.

Auto needs an industry-wide hard reset or someone to disrupt the market by offering DTC vehicles at affordable prices.

And yes, I am angry that it took me four tries to find my first straight forward(I think) dealer!
It took me six weeks to wise up! Now I hope to know in six months, if I wised-up enough.
It took me a ten-minute phone call and the order confirmation was in my inbox. I didn't submit a build online. No markup or bs. A-plan. 🫣

Last edited:

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To the dealer's credit, they are all getting squeezed. Operational costs are increasing while margins on these vehicles are decreasing. Consumer expectations have also changed. We expect the simplicity of Amazon orders on everything.
I disagree!
If any single dealer is feeling squeezed, He can have the balls to raise his dealer fee up front!
He doesn't have to lie to me, evade my emails, and stretch the truth in order to provide me with the Ford Customer Care experience!
There is absolutely no justification for this dealer behavior!

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It took me a ten-minute phone call and the order confirmation was in my inbox. I didn't submit a build online. No markup or bs. A-plan. 🫣
I'm glad you found a great dealer right off the jump!
I think you may feel differently, if you had just wasted 6 weeks talking to salesman who were about as forthcoming as criminals living in the Witness Protection System!

Did you order from one of the big three Internet Dealers, or a local outfit?
I wasted my time working with locals - big mistake, in my case at least!

BClubb352

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Did you not automatically receive the conf email at first? I accidentally had my emails disabled in ford pass, so i never received it. Is there someone I can call to get that email sent again from ford?

I already called with my order number and they verbally confirmed receipt of my order, but it would be great to see the email also

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you not automatically receive the conf email at first? I accidentally had my emails disabled in ford pass, so i never received it. Is there someone I can call to get that email sent again from ford?

I already called with my order number and they verbally confirmed receipt of my order, but it would be great to see the email also
I received the conf email almost immediately.

If you have an order number which appears on the top right of your signed build sheet. You should be good to go.

I never got the email for my 22.

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad you found a great dealer right off the jump!
I think you may feel differently, if you had just wasted 6 weeks talking to salesman who were about as forthcoming as criminals living in the Witness Protection System!

Did you order from one of the big three Internet Dealers, or a local outfit?
I wasted my time working with locals - big mistake, in my case at least!
Local agricultural area that has a lot of fleet sales. I started with a larger local dealership that I thought would be better, but lied to me and I lost trust.
Sponsored