First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know why I keep getting this "BRAKE" showing up on my dashboard? (Picture Attached) It seems to show up when I park my car and turn the ignition off.. sometimes the car will let me move and other times it will not... Much appreciated.

Ford Maverick Dashboard "BRAKE" 20230607_114251
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your emergency brake is on......

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well I'm assuming the electronic parking brake is off? I'd rather have the old pull manual type.
Could be a loose wire or bad relay that won't let the electronic brake fully engage disengage?

Sponsored

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone know why I keep getting this "BRAKE" showing up on my dashboard? (Picture Attached) It seems to show up when I park my car and turn the ignition off.. sometimes the car will let me move and other times it will not... Much appreciated.

20230607_114251.jpg
What does your manual say?

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See your manual:

1686153918404.png
@jsus @paneubert my apologize you are correct. I turned it off. Thanks. So I drove to work and back but it would go away when I put my seatbelt on and touched the gas pedal. Truck should have automatically turned this off, correct? Just want to make sure truck wasn't damaged since I didn't manually turn this off.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Modern Fords will just turn off that brake if you put it in gear and hit the gas. That's why you aren't noticing it.

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Modern Fords will just turn off that brake if you put it in gear and hit the gas. That's why you aren't noticing it.
@commadorebob Thanks for this info! That's exactly what happened. So no damage to the vehicles brakes at all then?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@commadorebob Thanks for this info! That's exactly what happened. So no damage to the vehicles brakes at all then?
Nope. Took me a few times to test on my wife's Escape to realize it happens. You are good.

Sponsored

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you use the Hold feature? The truck will get confused if you use the hold feature (I do), come to a stop, and quickly throw the dial to park and shut the engine off with a smooth motion. It likes a little time in between each of those operations. Come to a full stop, pause. Twist dial to park, pause. Turn off ignition.

You can press the parking brake, or as mentioned, just goose the gas.

My hand accidentally slipped when I went over a bump the other day while turning off the auto start/stop feature and I hit the parking brake button at-speed. Truck made a tiny noise like it started to apply the brakes then beeped at me like I was an idiot... because I was :D

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you use the Hold feature? The truck will get confused if you use the hold feature (I do), come to a stop, and quickly throw the dial to park and shut the engine off with a smooth motion. It likes a little time in between each of those operations. Come to a full stop, pause. Twist dial to park, pause. Turn off ignition.

You can press the parking brake, or as mentioned, just goose the gas.

My hand accidentally slipped when I went over a bump the other day while turning off the auto start/stop feature and I hit the parking brake button at-speed. Truck made a tiny noise like it started to apply the brakes then beeped at me like I was an idiot... because I was :D
@Skifletch THIS. THIS IS EXACTLY
WHAT HAPPENED.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OR...you turned off the ignition in D with auto-hold on. Does it everytime if you do that.

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OR...you turned off the ignition in D with auto-hold on. Does it everytime if you do that.
Yep, super handy for those quick stop and jump outs, stop the vehicle open the door instant e-brake. shut door, seatbelt, gas instantly no more e-brake. Pull up to the house, ignition off and the car auto parks, engages e-brake as it shuts off. It's great.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now the old parking brake is also made to use if the main brakes fail. its not JUST for parking . So the Mav will automatically not allow the parking brake to come on while moving? Which kinda defeats the emergency brake application if the main brakes failed. Put trans into neutral will parking brakes come on while moving assuming you hit the parking brake button.?

I don't yet have a Mav so I am asking now before I get mine. I also wish it had the old style with a cable . this is just more crap to fail. Plus makes changing out rear calipers harder too.
Sponsored