Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
from day 1 I have had an issue with an annoying buzzing kind of rattle in the dash at the A pillars. Most of my roads in west Texas suck. Their idea of a repaved road is to spray it down with tar, and pour rocks on it. After its packed down, and excess is swept away, they add the painted lines. A real shit way of doing things, but it's probably dirt cheap. I call it the windshield breaker pave job. The road noise is horrible on these roads. The truck developed an annoying buzzing fairly quickly on these roads. If I push against the A pillar where the speaker grille attaches it stops.

Well today after work I finally just took the dash speaker grilles out. What an effing goofy assed setup this is. You have to remove the A pillars to get the speakers out. The bottom of the A pillar has a tab, and the speaker grille has a slot for the tab. Driving home I had no buzzing. This was fantastic. I only had to deal with the horrible road noise that you could never tamp down in a luxury car let alone a cheap pickup truck.

Since the grilles fit in place really solid to the dash without this tab arrangement, I am thinking of just cutting it off, or at the very least gluing some felt in strategic places before putting the speaker grilles back in. If I put em back in after this and it continues to buzz, I will likely toss em under the back seat, leave em there forever, and make my own custom grille covers out of 2024 T3 .080" aluminum sheet and honeycomb expanded screen.

For those experiencing the same issues, look towards this area as the likely culprit.

Hope this helps
Matt
Sponsored

Last edited: