22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Oh dam.... no need for specifics... but LATE = ?? November, December - BFE January and beyond?
You ordered a LATE availability item, if your idea of late is getting even scheduled amongst the first few months, you're in for a surprise. Everyone will have a different interpretation of what LATE means. If I ordered something that was LATE, I'd presume LATE in the 2022 production, so at least 6-9 month out, but that's just me.

Some of you think you've waited an eternity already, but I'm here to tell you we are only in the THIRD week of actual production.. Long way to go before we see some of the LATE items getting scheduled, just my opinion though. You'll have to take up with your dealer what LATE means, which you could have done before placing the order.
Sponsored

ldog2003

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Ranger XLT, '22 Maverick XLT Lux Ordered
I talked to my dealer this morning about this and asked if he believed this would delay my order for a XLT with Luxury package, he had no idea what I was talking about... I really think I may need to switch dealers.

n the meantime I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope my POS Buick Encore holds together until the order shows up. Then again, Its been about 6 months since it last broke down, so its probably due.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a constraint because there is no current SUPPLY. I find it hard to believe that people find CONSTRAINTS hard to believe. You obviously didn't bother to read this entire thread, or you'd have easily found out exactly why the spray-in bedliner is constrained at this time. It's all spelled out in this thread for those who want to know WHY.
Oh come on, you know people don't read, they would rather react first:ROFLMAO:.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to my dealer this morning about this and asked if he believed this would delay my order for a XLT with Luxury package, he had no idea what I was talking about... I really think I may need to switch dealers.

n the meantime I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope my POS Buick Encore holds together until the order shows up. Then again, Its been about 6 months since it last broke down, so its probably due.

It is not the dealer per se, but the person you talked with that took your order. He/she is not interested in their job except that it brings in a paycheck.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It very well could be, but if so it still introduces more complexity to the production process. Its one more extra thing to do at a time when they probably just really want these things out the door as fast as possible.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeez, it's almost like there's some sort of global commodity shortage based on a pandemic, natural disasters, a ship stuck in the busiest shipping lane in the world for a month, and unprecedented consumer demand.

Nah, that would be too crazy to believe. It's way more plausible that Ford is just screwing with people on a personal level, cuz it's fun to troll the forums.

Wicked sense of humor and reality....I love it!!!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Just had my dealer remove my tonneau cover from my order.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is just for this week people. Relax. Next week it will be a different list. Don't keep moving your configuration around based on these ups and downs.
I have a time sensitive need, so I'm calling after lunch to just strip everything but Co-Pilot, the hitch, and the Outlets off. Everything else I wanted is bolt on, or otherwise easy to order and install later at or at dealership.

I'm pretty sure Ford hasn't transitioned away from dealerships yet, as much as they're obviously gearing up for it.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yah I'm not sure why the covers are causing delay for some reason the builds for US were going to be factory installed and the Canadian were going to be dealer installed. You would think they would just schedule them all if they aren't available to the dealers by point of delivery let the buyer decide to drop it then or come back in when it's in if they want only that one.
"Factory installed" is a consistently better install usually. The dealers do not do it regularly enough to have it down so your car is a "prototype build" for them. It is also time consuming, and cheap, manual labor is used, not a mechanical process like the factory build. Most likely your job will be rushed. Dealers are more willing to fix factory mistakes rather than address their own.

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
removed my tonneau cover and fender film. Hopefully that will help me get a build date.

Bohottie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know it’s still early, but now I’m getting a tad bit concerned. I have a lease that ends in late Feb. I ordered on 7/22. Haven’t received a confirmation from Ford, but I did call the marketing line, and they confirmed that are working on my order.

I thought maybe I’d have it in December or January, but with these constraints and the Bronco issues, I’m wondering if I need to make alternate plans. Extending my lease or buying my vehicle isn’t really something I want to do….
Sponsored