First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello everybody. I bought an XL figuring no cruise control would be just fine. Well I have taken my Maverick XL 2.0 AWD on a few trips and miss cruise control more than I thought. I’ve researched Rostra and they do not have a system ready for the Mavericks just yet. I was wondering if anybody knew of a Ford OEM plug and play Cruise Control. I know they have the Safety and Security plug and play for the remote start with your key fab. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Other than that I have 1800 miles on mine and it has been fantastic. They need to out cruise control on all models in my opinion. I rented a 22 Toyota Corolla LE and it was bare bones and it still had cruise control and I used it! Lol
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
Sponsored

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
Hello everybody. I bought an XL figuring no cruise control would be just fine. Well I have taken my Maverick XL 2.0 AWD on a few trips and miss cruise control more than I thought. I’ve researched Rostra and they do not have a system ready for the Mavericks just yet. I was wondering if anybody knew of a Ford OEM plug and play Cruise Control. I know they have the Safety and Security plug and play for the remote start with your key fab. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Other than that I have 1800 miles on mine and it has been fantastic. They need to out cruise control on all models in my opinion. I rented a 22 Toyota Corolla LE and it was bare bones and it still had cruise control and I used it! Lol
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
it was a deal breaker for me ,have not hear of anything from ford but hope so ,had a xl super duty with no cruse and in the day ford had a kit for it and was all standard part so lets cross our fingers

OP
OP

mttmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it was a deal breaker for me ,have not hear of anything from ford but hope so ,had a xl super duty with no cruse and in the day ford had a kit for it and was all standard part so lets cross our fingers
Yes fingers crossed! Thank you for sharing that.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, honestly, its almost 2022, cruise control has been standard on all vehicles for at least 20 years, its just cheap not to add it and force those who need it to go up to an XLT. I've got some nerve damage so my right foot is a little weak, I couldn't hold down the gas on a long trip for more than an hour before my foot got really tired. Luckily I'm in a place where I could move up to an XLT and be okay, I wasn't just two years ago and it would have been a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
Don’t hold your breath for Ford to come out with an add-on cruise for you.
They might choose to make it optional down the road or something like the Ranger XL does, but that is only if the MSRP gets raised a few thousand.

Coming out with an add-on would only hurt their cause at this point. They want people to buy the XLT if they use it as a commuter. The XL is targeting delivery services who do a lot of city stop and go and no cruising.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Ford could of just made it a stand alone option for like $500 and made some money. Yeah they make more on people jumping up to a XLT for it, but I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who don't want a XLT for whatever reason so they wouldn't be making anymore profit on us anyways.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Ford could of just made it a stand alone option for like $500 and made some money. Yeah they make more on people jumping up to a XLT for it, but I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who don't want a XLT for whatever reason so they wouldn't be making anymore profit on us anyways.
Same thing they do with LED lighting. Just make it a side option instead of locking it behind a trim. #ToyotaDoes

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford figured out that nearly everyone would want cruise, so spending $2200 more just to get cruise, the other things that are included in the XLT package are nice, but I could have lived without them, after seeing the XLT interior colors in person, I am glad to have the XLT package, & won't regret spending the extra.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford figured out that nearly everyone would want cruise, so spending $2200 more just to get cruise, the other things that are included in the XLT package are nice, but I could have lived without them, after seeing the XLT interior colors in person, I am glad to have the XLT package, & won't regret spending the extra.
With what I'm spending on aftermarket accessories, I could have purchased an XLT and gotten the cruise. But, I couldn't get past the light color interior. We just sold our Charcoal 2019 Grand Caravan with a very light stone gray interior. I got tired of the lack of interest of the seating colors. I've always liked dark interiors over light colors and I supposed I could have added a dark seat cover, but then the dash and door would still be light. Shoot I change the 8" screen to night mode so it would be dark. Besides it's easier to see in bright sunlight when it is dark mode. I understand those choices are entirely subjective.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
Someone posted pictures of him installing the Rostra C/C on his Maverick

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
In case you hadn’t seen it yet:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...forscan-and-escape-steering-wheel.7287/unread

1stNewFordTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2012 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. I initially wanted an XL with cruise, but the interior is just nicer on the XLT and it won't hurt come resale time.

OP
OP

mttmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With what I'm spending on aftermarket accessories, I could have purchased an XLT and gotten the cruise. But, I couldn't get past the light color interior. We just sold our Charcoal 2019 Grand Caravan with a very light stone gray interior. I got tired of the lack of interest of the seating colors. I've always liked dark interiors over light colors and I supposed I could have added a dark seat cover, but then the dash and door would still be light. Shoot I change the 8" screen to night mode so it would be dark. Besides it's easier to see in bright sunlight when it is dark mode. I understand those choices are entirely subjective.
Thank you very much for sending that my way! Happy New Year!

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No cruise on XL makes sense for city-driven contractor vehicles. Now they just need rear seat delete and carpet delete
Sponsored