Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Morning, all. We're still working to find a Maverick in our area for testing. None of our local dealerships, including the one I ordered my personal hybrid XL from, have taken delivery for customers yet. As soon as we get our hands on one it will be about 14 days before the kit is released.

Likewise, if anyone reading this is in the Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville area of North Carolina and would like to have a cruise control system, parking sensors - pretty much anything from rostra.com added to their XL Maverick so we can get our testing done using their truck - we'll add it for free.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Is there any way that we could get the Rostra to work with the steering wheel switch that can be ordered from Ford? I understand that Ford part number LB5Z-9C888-H can be purchased to replace the XL left hand steering wheel switch and still keep the original functionality. It would be nice not to have to add a third stalk to the column.
Sponsored

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any way that we could get the Rostra to work with the steering wheel switch that can be ordered from Ford? I understand that Ford part number LB5Z-9C888-H can be purchased to replace the XL left hand steering wheel switch and still keep the original functionality. It would be nice not to have to add a third stalk to the column.
Not easily unless Rostra goes out of their way to integrate into the Ford switch.

I'm betting that XL folks will be able to use OEM parts, but it needs to be confirmed... To use the OEM hardware completely, someone needs to verify that the base steering wheel is wired for the LH Cruise Switch cluster. The chain of components is: Switch > Steering Wheel > Dash Harness... It may not just be as simple as installing the switch, although you could easily pin the wires yourself.

Ford Maverick Cruise control add-on Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.33.16 PM

Ford has five iterations of this steering wheel and the base version may different wiring. If the steering wheel connector that goes to the dash harness isn't pinned for cruise control, it won't work even with the XLT/Lariat switch. The solution will be DIY or the installing the new steering wheel and switching your airbag over.

If the internal steering wheel wiring is identical, AND the wiring from the dash forward is compatible, then everyone can use OEM components pending the software configuration.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not easily unless Rostra goes out of their way to integrate into the Ford switch.

I'm betting that XL folks will be able to use OEM parts, but it needs to be confirmed... To use the OEM hardware completely, someone needs to verify that the base steering wheel is wired for the LH Cruise Switch cluster. The chain of components is: Switch > Steering Wheel > Dash Harness... It may not just be as simple as installing the switch, although you could easily pin the wires yourself.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.33.16 PM.png

Ford has five iterations of this steering wheel and the base version may different wiring. If the steering wheel connector that goes to the dash harness isn't pinned for cruise control, it won't work even with the XLT/Lariat switch. The solution will be DIY or the installing the new steering wheel and switching your airbag over.

If the internal steering wheel wiring is identical, AND the wiring from the dash forward is compatible, then everyone can use OEM components pending the software configuration.
Thank for the clarification. I've ordered the cruise switch that is supposed to fit the XL steering wheel so I'll find out about the wiring and the dealer's willingness to program if needed. Did the same thing with SiriusXM module/tuner kit that is supposed to work through the Ford Connect Radio USB port. Well see how that goes. Thanks again.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank for the clarification. I've ordered the cruise switch that is supposed to fit the XL steering wheel so I'll find out about the wiring and the dealer's willingness to program if needed. Did the same thing with SiriusXM module/tuner kit that is supposed to work through the Ford Connect Radio USB port. Well see how that goes. Thanks again.
Yes please keep us informed with both of those. 😊

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
PLEASE post your success story and instructions on the cruise switch! I have the part# in my "buy" links along with other items for when my (built) hybrid arrives. Unlike the OP I don't HAVE to have it, but it would be a great add-on before our 2000 mile spring trip... This is the kind of thing I look for at the Mav club.

Reactions: wjg

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Morning, all. We're still working to find a Maverick in our area for testing. None of our local dealerships, including the one I ordered my personal hybrid XL from, have taken delivery for customers yet. As soon as we get our hands on one it will be about 14 days before the kit is released.

Likewise, if anyone reading this is in the Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville area of North Carolina and would like to have a cruise control system, parking sensors - pretty much anything from rostra.com added to their XL Maverick so we can get our testing done using their truck - we'll add it for free.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Hi Bill

Awesome news - I looked at both websites and don't see a listings for cruise controls - for instance, 250-1836 (for Toyota per the video) doesn't come up on a search on either. Can you post the link to kits so that we can follow the availability? And please clarify if the kit includes all the goodies you mentioned, or if they are separate for each application.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PLEASE post your success story and instructions on the cruise switch! I have the part# in my "buy" links along with other items for when my (built) hybrid arrives. Unlike the OP I don't HAVE to have it, but it would be a great add-on before our 2000 mile spring trip... This is the kind of thing I look for at the Mav club.
Once I get my XL and the switch, I'll post the info, either good or bad.

markregel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Hi everyone!

As mentioned here, through our Rostra Accessories division, we we will be offering an add-on cruise control system for the '22 Maverick shortly after it is available. I've ordered the XL model in Cactus Gray for myself, so have no fear - if you decide to order the XL/100A equipment package, you'll be able to add cruise control, seat heaters, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot detection, interior and exterior LED lighting and more. If you're interested, check out the video below. It's from a Subaru but will give you some idea of what an installation typically entails. Likewise, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn to get notices of these new products right away:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rostra
Instagram: https://instagram.com/rostraaccessories/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rostratweets
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/rostra?sub_confirmation=1
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/rostraaccessories

Cruise Control Installation Example
[MED
I really want the XL over the XLT, but I absolutely need to have cruise control. Suggestions?
I'm in the same boat, my local dealer has a Cactus Gray AWD XL with towing on the lot right now for around $25K. Its just want I want, but can't get past cruise control! I've installed a half dozen of the Rostra universal kits over the decades from a 67 Plymouth to a 2004 Vibe (Toyota). Its a quality product and works well, but it can't compare to the OEM. They need to come up with a solution that can use OEM steering wheel buttons.

markregel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I really want the XL over the XLT, but I absolutely need to have cruise control. Suggestions?
I notice the steering wheel cruse control switches exist on the XL, but instead of cruise it controls audio and volume. I'm wondering if these switches could be wired into the aftermarket Rostra control instead of using the cheezie stalk provided with the kit? Seems like it could work, and I could care less about having audio control on the steering wheel.

Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the same thing with SiriusXM module/tuner kit that is supposed to work through the Ford Connect Radio USB port. Well see how that goes. Thanks again.
Doesn't XM need Sync to work? I'm not aware of any Ford with XM unless it also has Sync.

If adding a Sync module requires a BCM swap or activation, how will you work around that?

I would really like Sync.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell your salesman that you absolutely that you have to have the maximum possible load in the bed and cannot give up the reduction caused by increased weight of the xlt (whatever that is) but without the cruise control you reluctantly have to walk. If you have to walk, even if he has already supposedly talked to his manager, take several minutes to walk to your car possibly tearing up a check you had made out for the down payment. Then slowly drive to exit pause and look in rear view mirror to see if salesman has convinced manager that one crappy cruise control is gonna cost x times what it would to. "give?" it to you.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, just a thought you might use their free wifi while in their parking lot to search for the nearby other Ford dealers (they may be monitoring tracking aps). = Oh! He's going somewhere else.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No maverick will sit on the lot unsold.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell your salesman that you absolutely that you have to have the maximum possible load in the bed and cannot give up the reduction caused by increased weight of the xlt (whatever that is) but without the cruise control you reluctantly have to walk. If you have to walk, even if he has already supposedly talked to his manager, take several minutes to walk to your car possibly tearing up a check you had made out for the down payment. Then slowly drive to exit pause and look in rear view mirror to see if salesman has convinced manager that one crappy cruise control is gonna cost x times what it would to. "give?" it to you.
Not a believer, but you do have a knack for performance art sir!
Sponsored