Sponsored

Considering changing order to add FX4 off-road package - opinions? Will it change my place in line?

Kharnivore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Ordered xlt ecoboost with 4k tow pkg, spray in bedliner, full spare, & sliding rear window 12/18/21.

Haven't received any emails besides order confirmation from Ford.

Leaning towards changing/adding off road pkg. Thoughts? Will adjusting the order change my spot in ford's que? Is the off road pkg worth the extra $800? What's another couple of weeks? Help...
Sponsored

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered xlt ecoboost with 4k tow pkg, spray in bedliner, full spare, & sliding rear window 12/18/21.

Leaning towards changing/adding off road pkg. Thoughts? Will adjusting the order change my spot in ford's que? Is the off road pkg worth the extra $800? What's another couple of weeks? Help...
Making a change to your order at this time will have no impact on when your order will be scheduled for build. If the FX4 package package is what you want, get it. $800 is worth it, if you plan to do off road driving.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Adding fx4 when you already have 4k towing gives you the wheels/tires which alone are worth $800. If you really want the wheels/tires there's your value right there. You also get the larger lariat productivity screen, tow hooks (which can not be added in the aftermarket - the body/frame elements they attach to are not present) skid plates (value dubious) and different driving modes.
Honestly if I were to do it over again I'd skip FX4 but I really like the wheels. That was a present to myself but the rest isn't really worth it to me.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Biggest impact at this time to your build schedule would be the standalone spray-in bedliner. If you can get that done locally either after purchase or through your dealership that would improve your odds of scheduling. Also a change to your order at this time would put into effect the post-12/27 price increases, although with the options you listed that looks like it's only +$80 on the XLT trim level itself.

Sidenote: It appears the standalone spray-in bedliner isn't even listed as an option on the Build & Price tool now. Hard drop-in only.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What @Darnon said.

Sponsored

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FX4 package is worth it 100% for the upgraded instrument cluster alone. In my opinion it looks so much nicer and finished than the standard one. Of course this also comes on Lariat but you said you’re going for XLT. The 4K tow and FX4 features overlap quite a bit but if you want to tow over 2k, gotta have it. If you’re financing, adding FX4 is like adding two months of payments- nothing in the long haul. Go for it!

if it’s in your budget, the xlt lux package is totally worth it too. The heated seats, nicer wrapped heated steering wheel, heated mirrors and wipers and power driver seat really take the mid-range XLT to the next level.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ordered my XL, Ecoboost, 4k tow, spray in liner, full size spare on 12/15/21. Got my order confirmation email from Ford same day. I'm not expecting to receive any Ford status updates on my build for at least 2 months and won't be surprised if it is longer.

What is purpose of adding FX-4 when you already have all the good mechanical upgrades in 4k tow package? FX-4 gives you skid plates, bigger wheels and stickers- all stuff you can add later after you have your truck and won't mess with your order progress. YMMV

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Biggest impact at this time to your build schedule would be the standalone spray-in bedliner. If you can get that done locally either after purchase or through your dealership that would improve your odds of scheduling. Also a change to your order at this time would put into effect the post-12/27 price increases, although with the options you listed that looks like it's only +$80 on the XLT trim level itself.

Sidenote: It appears the standalone spray-in bedliner isn't even listed as an option on the Build & Price tool now. Hard drop-in only.
SIBL option was there when I ordered my XL 1 month ago. I added it no problem.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only drawback besides the $800 is it makes it a slight PITA when changing oil, adds another 20 minutes, you have to take off the skid plate. But if you are changing on recommended time that's only once in 10,000 so.....

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh and one odd advantage the black wheels that come with it are MUCH easier to cleanIf you ever get dirt/mud on your innerwheel area you will appreciate the ease of cleaning because of spacing of spokes on wheel.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember if you add that package now you get borked with the price increase that went into affect on 12/27-

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I prefer the larger display screen and the wheel upgrade as well as the tow hooks (only available on fx4) & metal skid plates which are basically just cosmetic stuff over yours already with tow package utility - its my understanding will not affect your order que/position but in my opinion is a really cheap option your preference

OP
OP

Kharnivore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Adding fx4 when you already have 4k towing gives you the wheels/tires which alone are worth $800. If you really want the wheels/tires there's your value right there. You also get the larger lariat productivity screen, tow hooks (which can not be added in the aftermarket - the body/frame elements they attach to are not present) skid plates (value dubious) and different driving modes.
Honestly if I were to do it over again I'd skip FX4 but I really like the wheels. That was a present to myself but the rest isn't really worth it to me.
Yea, may seem small but I like the larger productivity screen. Test drove an XL with the standard one
FX4 package is worth it 100% for the upgraded instrument cluster alone. In my opinion it looks so much nicer and finished than the standard one. Of course this also comes on Lariat but you said you’re going for XLT. The 4K tow and FX4 features overlap quite a bit but if you want to tow over 2k, gotta have it. If you’re financing, adding FX4 is like adding two months of payments- nothing in the long haul. Go for it!

if it’s in your budget, the xlt lux package is totally worth it too. The heated seats, nicer wrapped heated steering wheel, heated mirrors and wipers and power driver seat really take the mid-range XLT to the next level.
Yea the larger instrument panel is what has me leaning towards FX4.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

And the hard drop in bedliner blocks the rear 12v outlets and the cubbies leaving you ZERO ACESS, Someone posted pictures of his drop in liner and it shows Fords failure to think through the design
Sponsored