2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am sitting on 24S27 myself and will get it done "eventually." I will probably let a few more warranty/recall issues accumulate before I subject myself to a dealer visit...
In the meantime, if you're concerned about the tail lamps not coming on, a temp. fix is to just turn the headlights on manually, instead of relying on AUTO setting. Manual headlights on manually supposedly insures the tail lights will always come on w/ headlights.
Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep the cabin air filter! The name "cabin filter" is a misnomer. It is actually an "air conditionioner evaporator filter" that protects higher efficiency closely spaced cooling fins from clogging with dust. Cars made without filters have lower efficiency (less coolong) evaporator coils with widely spaced fins that don't clog. No filter will clog the evaporator with lint and dust. Expensive, but worth the cost.
I did not know this.thought it just filtered incoming air to remove pollen,dust etc. so that means you can't ever drive with the window down? 😆 That was my reasoning to toss it.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got 24S27 done this afternoon. Took about an hour. No problems noted before or after the recall. One interesting note about today's visit. I looked in service area when I pulled in and there were two cactus gray mavericks parked there. Then I looked again and one was an XLT, one was a Lariat, and mine was an XL. All three parked side by side. What a coincidence! We were all there for the same recall.

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So you saying 24S27 is another, for the “same“ related first recall? I looked for letter I got before, checking of its number notice, but can not find it.
its different recall but related to the BCM issue. First one resolved the non working detection function and the second one reprograms the BCM so the taillights don't go into a non working function. different but the same I guess..

Sponsored

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to comment on this but notice that everybody gave you great advice. There is a second BCM update recall out that needs to be done.
So how much money are the "software" controlled lights saving Ford compared to the old fashioned battery then switch then lamp stye???

(Sometimes if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.)

Ruggybuggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mavrerick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got the recall letter for the tailights on my two week old Maverick. I've changed out the taillight bulbs with LEDs. Does fhis cause an issues when you go in? If your running LED bulbs isn't the overload condition the BCM sees (as per the tsb) something that will never happen because of the lower resistance of the LEDs?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
So I just got the recall letter for the tailights on my two week old Maverick. I've changed out the taillight bulbs with LEDs. Does fhis cause an issues when you go in? If your running LED bulbs isn't the overload condition the BCM sees (as per the tsb) something that will never happen because of the lower resistance of the LEDs?
I believe it's a BCM software update so it might flag when thru do the update. I'm not sure, maybe someone else more educated than me can help.

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got 24S27 done this afternoon. Took about an hour. No problems noted before or after the recall. One interesting note about today's visit. I looked in service area when I pulled in and there were two cactus gray mavericks parked there. Then I looked again and one was an XLT, one was a Lariat, and mine was an XL. All three parked side by side. What a coincidence! We were all there for the same recall.
Mobile tech arrived to my work 911am. Got a text at 931am that my recall is done.
Hopefully, no future issues. My 2024 XL only has 3200 miles

Ruggybuggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mavrerick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mobile tech arrived to my work 911am. Got a text at 931am that my recall is done.
Hopefully, no future issues. My 2024 XL only has 3200 miles
You really didn't have an issue, it was just a recall. Expect more recalls in the future which is normal for every manufacturer.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So how much money are the "software" controlled lights saving Ford compared to the old fashioned battery then switch then lamp stye???

Millions of dollars?

Why put lots of physical pieces in which can all break over time, if the computer you're installing to run the engine can do that little bit of extra work for the lights?...

What is the fuel economy of the old fashioned carb engines vs now?......
(Stuff can often be improved.)

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are two recalls relating to the rear lights. You've done the first.
There is a third one now, even though it is still an advance notice the dealer was able to do the BCM module update on it when they did the other 2 on my truck.

Ruggybuggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mavrerick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a third one now, even though it is still an advance notice the dealer was able to do the BCM module update on it when they did the other 2 on my truck.
Do you provide the tsb number for the third one?

Ruggybuggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mavrerick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Most manufactures for the last 10-15 years use lighting and most other things controled by a module. Maybe a few vehicle manufacturers from mother Russia still use switch controlled lighting.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most manufactures for the last 10-15 years use lighting and most other things controled by a module. Maybe a few vehicle manufacturers from mother Russia still use switch controlled lighting.
Did you miss the irony that all this recall work is costing oodles of cash?
Sponsored