Sponsored

COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!!

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can’t wait! What is usually involved in the year changes? Licensing? Or is there usually big changes in the “code?”

just curious but literally can’t wait!
It depends on the vehicle and model year. Sometimes we get lucky and a new model year will be an identical copy of the year prior, other times we see massive changes. The changes we've found on '23 Maverick and Tremor are pretty standard - new strategies/ROMs which means that table and monitor addresses have generally moved around which can be time consuming, but otherwise pretty much identical calibrations and control strategy to earlier model years. The new ECUs are already in our tuning software and flashing on the bench, and we're working through in-vehicle testing right now. We'll keep folks updated as we get closer to a set release date!
Sponsored

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on the vehicle and model year. Sometimes we get lucky and a new model year will be an identical copy of the year prior, other times we see massive changes. The changes we've found on '23 Maverick and Tremor are pretty standard - new strategies/ROMs which means that table and monitor addresses have generally moved around which can be time consuming, but otherwise pretty much identical calibrations and control strategy to earlier model years. The new ECUs are already in our tuning software and flashing on the bench, and we're working through in-vehicle testing right now. We'll keep folks updated as we get closer to a set release date!
Any update? This coming from a loyal fan…just look! This is every day at work!

Ford Maverick COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!! B52B9D9B-3FAF-44AD-8C2B-45A6AC517055

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CG Maverick XLT 2.0L AWD w/ FX4 & 4K Pkg.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, you should be fine. It plays nicely with the other modules. I can confirm for you on Monday when I flash mine :)

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does disabling ASS count as flashing? I want to make sure I don't mess with my warranty at this point, but I will want to tune later on. I want to disable ASS today, so I might buy the cobb so I can achieve this goal and be ready for more power post-warranty.

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm that the 91 tune is impressive! However, I am having trouble determining if I have actually installed the TCM tune. @COBB Tuning After I installed the 91 tune w/ Sport TCM on my '23 Maverick the AP still tells me to install the TCM tune... I have read that it won't say that if it was actually installed. I tried selecting TCM install but it doesn't appear to work (please see the attached video). Upon test driving it feels as if it is installed though, unless what I am noticing is just the 91 tune... Thank you!

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does disabling ASS count as flashing? I want to make sure I don't mess with my warranty at this point, but I will want to tune later on. I want to disable ASS today, so I might buy the cobb so I can achieve this goal and be ready for more power post-warranty.
I wouldn't think so, no. I didn't look to see if it would let you change it without a tune installed or not. I feel like you have to install some sort of tune, and then you can go edit the ECU parameters. One of which is the Auto Start/Stop. That could be an "issue" for the warranty maybe? Hopefully that helps!

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm that the 91 tune is impressive! However, I am having trouble determining if I have actually installed the TCM tune. @COBB Tuning After I installed the 91 tune w/ Sport TCM on my '23 Maverick the AP still tells me to install the TCM tune... I have read that it won't say that if it was actually installed. I tried selecting TCM install but it doesn't appear to work (please see the attached video). Upon test driving it feels as if it is installed though, unless what I am noticing is just the 91 tune... Thank you!
Glad you're enjoying the tune! It looks like this Accessport was misconfigured by our production team, as you shouldn't see the separate "Flash TCM" option. Shoot us a DM with a good contact email and we'll get that fixed for you. That said, there is no risk to the vehicle for driving it as-is. The engine and transmission are controlled by a single module, so the map you flashed has installed correctly. If you want to check and see which map you flashed, you can go to 'Tune' -> 'Show Current Map'. The transmission tune name will be at the end of the map name, for example "Stage1 91 OCT or 95 RON - COBB Sport TCM v101".

You will only be able to disable Auto Stop/Start when the Accessport is installed to your truck, so a reflash is required. That said, you can uninstall the Accessport before taking your truck to the dealership and the only "footprint" that we are aware of is identical to resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery or using a generic OBD scan tool to reset.

YEEEWWWW!

Grabbing this either next week or the following! Question, does the flashing process affect the BCM at all? Might have to get this and wait to flash until after my BCM/Wiring Diagnosis for a Taillight issue from Ford!
Installing the Accessport will not affect the BCM at all. That said, we recommend uninstalling the Accessport from your vehicle before taking it in for service to make sure that any updates to the ECU done by the dealership don't overwrite the installation of the Accessport. Even if you're just going in for the BCM taillight issue, other module updates may be available and the dealer tech will likely update those at the same time.

Sponsored

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quick question - I want to buy an Accessport for the increased performance, but more specifically the additional features such as the transmission/shifting improvements, AS/S, etc. What I am getting at is that I like the Maverick for my ability to use 87 octane gas and save myself some money each week when I don't use the performance ALL the time. If I wanted to continue using 87, which tune would I use for my 23 Tremor?

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quick question - I want to buy an Accessport for the increased performance, but more specifically the additional features such as the transmission/shifting improvements, AS/S, etc. What I am getting at is that I like the Maverick for my ability to use 87 octane gas and save myself some money each week when I don't use the performance ALL the time. If I wanted to continue using 87, which tune would I use for my 23 Tremor?
The OTS maps that are included with the Accessport include 'Stage1 87 OCT or 91 RON - COBB OEM+ TCM' and 'Stage1 87 OCT or 91 RON - COBB Sport TCM'. Both of these maps are designed to run 87 OCT fuel, but have the added benefit of our different transmission tuning. If you ever want to fill up with premium, all you would need to do is reflash to a Stage1 91 OCT or Stage1 93 OCT which takes just a few minutes. Auto Stop/Start disable, tire size adjustments, and Dynamic Pedal Control changes can be applied to all of our OTS maps.

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The OTS maps that are included with the Accessport include 'Stage1 87 OCT or 91 RON - COBB OEM+ TCM' and 'Stage1 87 OCT or 91 RON - COBB Sport TCM'. Both of these maps are designed to run 87 OCT fuel, but have the added benefit of our different transmission tuning. If you ever want to fill up with premium, all you would need to do is reflash to a Stage1 91 OCT or Stage1 93 OCT which takes just a few minutes. Auto Stop/Start disable, tire size adjustments, and Dynamic Pedal Control changes can be applied to all of our OTS maps.
For the TCM tunes, will the AP give me the capability to fully disable traction control and stability management?

I'm coming from a Mk3 Focus RS with an AP and I'm used to being able to defeat both with the factory options sans AP, but the Maverick won't fully disable as it is stock (that I can find at least, it is still interfering when pushed to the limit off road).

Thanks!

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome thanks for the reply...sent you a PM as well if you get a chance to check

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the TCM tunes, will the AP give me the capability to fully disable traction control and stability management?

I'm coming from a Mk3 Focus RS with an AP and I'm used to being able to defeat both with the factory options sans AP, but the Maverick won't fully disable as it is stock (that I can find at least, it is still interfering when pushed to the limit off road).

Thanks!
For the moment, no option is available to fully disable traction/stability control. We've tried a few things during development, but no dice yet. There is likely at least some element of control happening in the ABS module which we do not flash.
Sponsored