Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been driving cars without technology for years but last year I started changing lanes and almost got hit and I had checked my mirror and turned my head and somehow still didn’t see the car, it happens. Blind spot monitor is why I got it.
Sponsored

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
I drove a Jeep that had lane-assist and engine cut-off and it was not pleasant
You have to remember that each corporation has a completely different implementation of their ADAS features, and they do improve incrementally throughout model years. Some are sub-par compared to more safety oriented corporations like Volvo and Subaru.

Whenever I pass someone I check to see if they have that little blind spot icon on their mirrors. I get way more cautious if they don't because they're basically a liability. I don't have the blind spot assist on my current car so I assume others are the same way with me :D

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
If you find that a traditional cruise control has value as a driving aid, then most will find the newer features in CoPilot 360 are a benefit too. Full speed (down to zero mph) advance cruise control (ACC) is great in stop/go traffic and heavy traffic. I like regular CC more for light traffic when I going faster than those in the right hand lane. I prefer ACC when I’m the one in the right lane. Some vehicles have both version available (good).

I’m less tired and stressed on long drives with ACC and lane keeping assist. Yes, it can get “naggy” sometimes but that tells me I’m the one getting tired or distracted. These safety features don’t get tired.

Rear cross traffic alert sounds fairly useless but it can be a real accident or near accident saver when trying to back out of a parking space when you have HUGE vehicles parked next to you and you AND the rear cam wide angle ability can’t see anything yet (back out and pray THEY are watching you).

The blind spot notifications save a lot of neck moving in heavy traffic (you should still check when before turning). More than once I “thought” my blind spot should be empty only to see that bright yellow light in my peripheral vision. I also LOVE seeing those lights in the other vehicle’s mirrors when I’m the one in the their blind spot.

Insurance rates should be lower/discounts for vehicles equipped with these features.

Living in a rural area I don’t really want the lane keeping assist. There’s a lot of times where you have to drive in the center of the road to avoid trees, animals, etc. last thing I need is it jerking me back over into something I’m trying to avoid.
LKA can be switched off with a button. I do this whenever I’m in “the twisties” and clip curve apexes (when safe) and/or frequently touch the lane stripes on purpose (which activates the alert).

Most on-line gripes about these aides deal with the features following the law or safe driving practices. For example, wanting the ACC to follow the lead vehicle closer than the 2 second rule. Or me cutting apexes. :p

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it on my XL for two reasons:

1. Power outside mirrors
2. Sliding rear window (requires CP360)

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the ACC on my subaru impreza. The lane keep warning is annoying sometimes, but it's really just when I'm crossing over a line I technically shouldn't be. There just happens to be a spot on my commute that it makes sense to do that almost every day.
I'm very interested in the ability for my maverick to come to a complete stop while using cruise control. My subaru will fully stop, but it won't start moving again without my input. Stop/go traffic isn't improved by the 2017 subaru system, but I use it every day when traffic is constantly changing between 50 and 70mph and I'm happy with that.

The lane assist that my subaru has is pretty useless, and it makes me look drunk on the highway at best. I hope that the lane centering on the Lariat lux 360 package works well.

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in 1989, my father was ordering an Acura Legend.
AL brakes were fairly new then, and only an option. Being the car guy in the family, he asked if he should get them. As he was 70 at the time, I told him yes. Understand, he drove a fire truck in an inner city district for 30 years, accident-free. (No…..I not jinxing him…….he passed on a few years back.) He was a very good driver.But he was 70 and getting older. (He died at 89, still driving his beloved Legend, accident-free, save for a deer in rural Md. He was on a road trip to California, and back home to Mass.)
So here I am, 30+ years later, 73 by the time my Lariat Mav
arrives. I, too, am a very good driver. (No brag, just fact) But, recognizing age, I went with these electronic aides. One day, I KNOW, it will save my ass.
Incidentally, this will be my first non-manual transmission.
Breaks my heart. But it is what it is………

OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because more often than I would like, a huge vehicle parks next to me while I am in the store, and this makes it impossible to safely back out of the parking space.
Excellent answer- had it considered this annoying part of daily life! I always just over-insure and go for it, but this would be better

OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you all for your answers. On the one road trip I had it on, as I said, it irritated me to no end, but as one poster stated, that may be because I need it more than I think :LOL:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are great to have as a safety featurs and in XL trim the 360 package gives you power mirrors.

Reactions: TCK
Sponsored
OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are great to have as a safety featurs and in XL trim the 360 package gives you power mirrors.
Yes, but really, how often do I adjust a mirror? I don’t think I ever have but once…even on my my Vespas ;)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, but really, how often do I adjust a mirror? I don’t think I ever have but once…even on my my Vespas ;)
You must be a single driver. In my household, I have a spouse, 3 at home children drivers age 16-20, a 25 year old not at home who borrows our cars. That's frequent adjusting mirrors, seats and steering wheels. I wish Lariat had memory mirror/seat positions. It is a frequent button pushed in my wife's minivan. And maybe the only thing I will miss from my Lincoln Mark LT.

OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You must be a single driver. In my household, I have a spouse, 3 at home children drivers age 16-20, a 25 year old not at home who borrows our cars. That's frequent adjusting mirrors, seats and steering wheels are a frequent thing. I wish Lariat had memory mirror/seat positions. It is a frequent button pushed in my wife's minivan. And maybe the only thing I will miss from my Lincoln Mark LT.
We do have two drivers in my house, but no kiddos and my wife has her own car. My wife will likely steal the Maverick in winter (because she demanded heated seats) and may make it so I have to adjust my mirrors more than once. She will also likely curb my wheels….
Thinking I may need to order two lol.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because more often than I would like, a huge vehicle parks next to me while I am in the store, and this makes it impossible to safely back out of the parking space.
That's such a great feature of having it! So many times you have back you rear end out a ways before actually being able to see around another vehicle!
Sponsored