phillipl8

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pretty sure that I will not get the xl hybrid I ordered built this year. I am thinking of changing to a Lariat for next year. Is it an option to delete the Activex seats and get cloth seats? Is there an aftermarket option to remove and replace the seat covers?

I know the Activex seats are considered an upgrade, but I just prefer cloth.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
cloth seats in the lariat is not an option but im sure you could get cloth aftermarket. must say i've been pleasantly pleased with the activex

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've not seen that as an option on the configurator. I feel the same as you, I prefer cloth seats for comfort. I used my Ford points to buy the Ford seat covers and put them over the Lariat seats. Works fine and doesn't hold the heat or the cold nearly as much as the ActiveX does.

deadline

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless there are any surprises on Monday when the order sheets are released, seat covers may be your best cloth-like option for the Lariat. It's a bummer for those of us in Florida, especially since the vehicle doesn't offer cooled or vented seating options.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s custom fit cloth seat covers available, or you may be able to find after market bucket seats. For me, I always had cloth seats until I got my hybrid Lariat. I love the ActiveX seats, but also live in hot humid Florida, and I can get a bit sweaty with them.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am pretty sure that I will not get the xl hybrid I ordered built this year. I am thinking of changing to a Lariat for next year. Is it an option to delete the Activex seats and get cloth seats? Is there an aftermarket option to remove and replace the seat covers?

Is there a reason you want to move up to Lariat instead of XLT Lux. Unless you want the push button start or adaptive cruise, that could be your better option.

There may be people.with XLTs also that would potentially trade seats with you. I got a Lariat specifically for the Active X seats as I found the cloth seats in the Maverick uncomfortable.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check to see if the Lariat with BAP has black cloth seats. Also with the standard lux package many seat covers aren't rated for heated seats.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with you on cloth seats. I've always scratched my head that people desire slippery seats that are cold in winter and burn your legs in summer - and consider that a luxury.

There are multiple paths available to you. You can just ask your dealer to order some XLT Luxury package seats and swap them. You can check junkyards - because more than a few Mavericks have been totaled. You can buy Recaros or other brands (they rock). You can buy some really nice cloth seat covers.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just get some Coverking covers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

phillipl8

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you on cloth seats. I've always scratched my head that people desire slippery seats that are cold in winter and burn your legs in summer - and consider that a luxury.

There are multiple paths available to you. You can just ask your dealer to order some XLT Luxury package seats and swap them. You can check junkyards - because more than a few Mavericks have been totaled. You can buy Recaros or other brands (they rock). You can buy some really nice cloth seat covers.
To me the seat color for the XL or the XLT would be odd with rest of the interior color. Kinda picky I know.

I really want to try the CP 360 with the Assist that is now standard on the 24 Lariat. I want all the bells and whistles it offers, just don't like the Activex seats.

May have to learn to live with them because they match the rest of the interior, or take them to a local shop to have recovered. I don't like the recover option, so will probably just learn to like them.

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nope!!!

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The ActiveX seats are quite grippy. And after a year plus of ownership, I can confidently say that they're perfectly comfortable temperature-wise. They heat up and cool down quickly. Much better than cloth seats that are just going to get stained and full of nasty crap after a couple years IMO, but to each their own of course

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would get the XLT and upgrade what you want from the Latat package. I bought a ‘23 XLT that had BAP, AWD, SIBL, cargo management rails and Co-Pilot 360. Color is CO. This was off the lot but I’m pretty sure you can get what you want with the XLT.
Sponsored