Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks that is what I am interested in.

Did you install it yet? If so did you tap into the dome light?
I have not installed this yet. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am working the entire month of December minus Christmas day. I have a weeks vacation starting jan 1st. I will be getting to it then. I will look at all my tie in options at that time and select which one I feel is the best. I may end up running the wire down the A pillar and tapping into the fuse panel, this way I am not modifying any wiring harnesses.
Sponsored

No5s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado Z71
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has it been confirmed that the yellow/ green wire shuts off after a few minutes? I’ve had the mirror for months and my Tremor just got pushed back. I have hooked up the mirror to a 9v battery and Homelink, compass etc all worked. So both +wires from mirror go to yellow/green?

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the wiring mentioned here and it stayed on even with ignition off.
Out of curiosity I swapped the two non ground wires from the mirror and suddenly it functioas expected.

so not sure if there’s a typo in instructions or a change in design somewhere. But using the pins suggested here from the truck and then potentially swapping the hot/ACC wires from mirror worked for me and so you may consider trying that.

SpaceCowboy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Cactus Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

N0B0DY

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I attached it at the camera plug.
12v accessory - purple with white
Ground - black with blue

I actually created a harness instead of tapping the wires.
I was able to install the mirror using posi-taps to the 2 wires you listed.
Thanks for your help.

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone link the installation video??

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks guys for all the tips. I've wanted one for a while. The KIA one is cheap enough for me to try it out. Really looking forward to this feature.

trpttrooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just everyone,
So I have temporary wired up my autodim mirror to the fuse box just to make sure everything worked before installing. Autodim feature works and the compass seems to work (haven't calibrated but it comes on and turns off) but for the life of me the homelink seems to do absolutely nothing!

I've tried a factory reset and the homelink light never flashes. I've tried programming it and the light never flashes. It just seems like homelink is dead. Anyone have any ideas?

I've got the black with white stripe tapped into fuse 3 and the solid black tapped into fuse 20 with the ground going to a screw holding on the fuse box assembly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just everyone,
So I have temporary wired up my autodim mirror to the fuse box just to make sure everything worked before installing. Autodim feature works and the compass seems to work (haven't calibrated but it comes on and turns off) but for the life of me the homelink seems to do absolutely nothing!

I've tried a factory reset and the homelink
Liftmaster 855lm Chamberlain OEM Homelink Compatibility Bridge https://a.co/d/aFQNeoq

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Back of mirror has to show Ver 4. If it is Ver 3 it will not work with rolling codes. Most on Ebay are Ver 3. Amazon sells an adapter that plugs into ac outlet in garage that will convert Ver 3 to a rolling code.
Liftmaster 855lm Chamberlain OEM Homelink Compatibility Bridge https://a.co/d/aFQNeoq

trpttrooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ooops just figured it out actually, somehow I had popped one of the fuses in the fuse 3 tap.... Everything working like it should now. Thanks though, I had read about the bridges and was wondering but the buttons were literally doing nothing like they were dead; which they were lol

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a KIA mirror for the $15 from Tasca. Figured you can't go wrong with that since I don't need homelink.

Got an email that they are a "special order" and shipping will be delayed.
Sponsored