2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mirror installed just fine tonight - one issue though, the homelink buttons don't seem to do anything at all. Even holding buttons 1 and 3, which should normally reset homelink doesn't do a thing even with holding for over 1 minute. Did anyone have this issue with their mirror?
Nope had no issues just followed the instructions that came with the mirror
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20CD805E-BAED-4D19-8B1F-ACA36A32CF08_1_105_c.jpeg

I followed this image above and I am only getting 10.3v out of that purple/white left wire on the left...anyone else having a different reading?
Never checked the voltage, have had it installed now for 3 weeks with zero issues

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to get homelink working by re-adjusting all connections - I still think that 10.3v is not ideal, but whatever - it's working. Thanks!

junyor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine today, I'll be installing it next weekend.

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mirror installed just fine tonight - one issue though, the homelink buttons don't seem to do anything at all. Even holding buttons 1 and 3, which should normally reset homelink doesn't do a thing even with holding for over 1 minute. Did anyone have this issue with their mirror?
You probably have a Homelink Version 3 mirror. Need a Version 4 mirror to work with rolling codes. Look on back of mirror. It probably says HLV3. Need HLV4 to work. Amazon has a Liftmaster box that plugs into AC in your garage and converts your V3 signal to V4. About $39.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You probably have a Homelink Version 3 mirror. Need a Version 4 mirror to work with rolling codes. Look on back of mirror. It probably says HLV3. Need HLV4 to work. Amazon has a Liftmaster box that plugs into AC in your garage and converts your V3 signal to V4. About $39.
It was a loose power connection. Thanks for those extras details though

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you doing yours?
Great question and thank you for the follow up! It's one of those things that's constantly on my list to do, but had to put on the back burner in reality. So much going on dealing with our house and vehicle fires. On top of that, I'm a bit gun shy about removing the wiring cover where the mirror mounts. Didn't seem to come off easily and I don't want to force it without knowing how it's attached.

In case you missed it, back in December my Colorado caught fire in my driveway and set my house on fire. Also damaged my motor home. We're renting a house just down the street so at the present we are concerned with the business of dealing with the insurance and construction people and re-designing our house. Not exactly how I wanted to remodel.
That being said, the Maverick has been a great distraction ... not only in that it being a fantastic vehicle, but in how it represents "out with the old (bigger gas guzzling trucks) and in with the new" That may sound corny, but watching one's home and possessions burn is a traumatic experience. The Maverick has been a big help for me to move forward.
Apologies for rambling, but your question just started things to tumble out.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great question and thank you for the follow up! It's one of those things that's constantly on my list to do, but had to put on the back burner in reality. So much going on dealing with our house and vehicle fires. On top of that, I'm a bit gun shy about removing the wiring cover where the mirror mounts. Didn't seem to come off easily and I don't want to force it without knowing how it's attached.

In case you missed it, back in December my Colorado caught fire in my driveway and set my house on fire. Also damaged my motor home. We're renting a house just down the street so at the present we are concerned with the business of dealing with the insurance and construction people and re-designing our house. Not exactly how I wanted to remodel.
That being said, the Maverick has been a great distraction ... not only in that it being a fantastic vehicle, but in how it represents "out with the old (bigger gas guzzling trucks) and in with the new" That may sound corny, but watching one's home and possessions burn is a traumatic experience. The Maverick has been a big help for me to move forward.
Apologies for rambling, but your question just started things to tumble out.
Wasn't aware of the fire, that sucks.

The worry you have is small, it was hard to take off, but we got it off and went right back on very easily. Maybe a small distraction is what is needed right now ;)

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't aware of the fire, that sucks.

The worry you have is small, it was hard to take off, but we got it off and went right back on very easily. Maybe a small distraction is what is needed right now ;)
Thank you.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been there, lost everything in a fire back in 2014, definately a traumatic experience

Removing the black windshield cover and the roof cover are easy. A neat trick is to use 2 credit or any plastic cards to protect all the surfaces. Put any tool between the 2 cards and it will separate without any damage to the vehicle.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been there, lost everything in a fire back in 2014, definately a traumatic experience

Removing the black windshield cover and the roof cover are easy. A neat trick is to use 2 credit or any plastic cards to protect all the surfaces. Put any tool between the 2 cards and it will separate without any damage to the vehicle.
Thank you. Fortunately, we and our animals got out safely. Everything else can be replaced.

I have plastic trim tools, but I like the idea of using credit cards. (Ok, I can't help it ... can I borrow yours?)

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many thanks to those who researched and found replacements for the Maverick mirror and to those who pioneered the install and posted instructions and results. That's what this club is all about. People helping people. Don't let anyone tell you differently; there is far more good in this world than evil.
Sponsored