Sponsored

Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in?

craigg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, but I didn't ask. The only item that had a price increase for me was the sunroof. The difference was less than $200. With dealers marking up these trucks by 5K - 10K, it really is insignificant. They kept the 1.9 apr, 4% under invoice, and they paid for my lyft from the airport. I wasn't going to complain about a few dollars. Good luck to you.
Sponsored

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's interesting that this was your experience, as it is not currently my experience.

I was just told they are not price protecting from orders placed with the original pricing before Ford raised prices. Their final invoice is based off of Ford's price increases. This is from Matthew Hillie.

I have heard it both ways on this forum and read that we were supposed to be price protected. Also, same situation as you that we cannot use the Farm Bureau bonus cash if you want the promotional interest rates from when you originally ordered. Otherwise you get today's rates.

Very disappointed at this point in time. almost defeats the purpose of ordering from them with all of the hassle, them getting my order for a proposed awesome price, paying my courtesy delivery dealership $300, and then paying for an NC Farm Bureau membership (still happy to support my local Farm Bureau and dealership, however). Still below what local dealerships were going to sell for, but not really if you count the dealerships that are price protecting and selling at the original MSRP and not the raised prices.
Did you make any changes to your order after the price increase date?

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LVMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many Chapman Horsham buyers, I am really started to get a bit angry at all the different responses about whether they are price-protected or not. @Dealerinsider can you please clarify for once. Busy or not this forum has given the dealer recognition and we should get a simple response from you. Other dealers have responded to their customers including Chapman Philly.
If indeed they are not price protecting orders some buyers could be paying about $900 more for their orders and who knows Chapman could be getting the price protection rebate from Ford, essentially double-dipping.

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many Chapman Horsham buyers, I am really started to get a bit angry at all the different responses about whether they are price-protected or not. @Dealerinsider can you please clarify for once. Busy or not this forum has given the dealer recognition and we should get a simple response from you. Other dealers have responded to their customers including Chapman Philly.
If indeed they are not price protecting orders some buyers could be paying about $900 more for their orders and who knows Chapman could be getting the price protection rebate from Ford, essentially double-dipping.
They havnt logged into the forum in over a month so tagging them is unlikely to do anything. Best bet would be to email.

Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got an update today from Chapman Horsham after waiting around quite a bit and not having emails promptly returned (yeah, yeah, I know they are busy). Sounds like the original pricing (orders submitted pre-price increase) will be honored.

Chapman says that the information they are getting from Ford has been really confusing, as they assumed any price protection would be done automatically, but that is obviously not the case.

Maybe those who are nearing delivery for trucks ordered from Chapman will not need to fight to have original pricing honored. Or maybe everyone has to fight for it if they believe their value/effort is worth the price difference.

Truck has been sitting at my courtesy delivery dealer for over a week now, but seems like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Got an update today from Chapman Horsham after waiting around quite a bit and not having emails promptly returned (yeah, yeah, I know they are busy). Sounds like the original pricing (orders submitted pre-price increase) will be honored.

Chapman says that the information they are getting from Ford has been really confusing, as they assumed any price protection would be done automatically, but that is obviously not the case.

Maybe those who are nearing delivery for trucks ordered from Chapman will not need to fight to have original pricing honored. Or maybe everyone has to fight for it if they believe their value/effort is worth the price difference.

Truck has been sitting at my courtesy delivery dealer for over a week now, but seems like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for the update. Hope all goes smoothly for ya

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Chapman Philly order was delivered to my courtesy delivery dealer yesterday, and I've already e-signed the contract - same price I was quoted last July and .9% for 48 months. Sorry to hear about these issues with Horsham, but Philly has been johnny on the spot. I should be able to pick it up early next week once the hard copies have been exchanged.

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
In light of the previous thread regarding a member who opted out of his Maverick due to the $890 increase for a pre-December 27 order, I am asking if anyone on the forum who got a truck recently from Chapman saw an increase in price?

@fordvideoguy mentioned in that post that prices are automatically protected, and nothing needs to be done? I just want to get a clear understanding of what is going on. Another member @996ttderm mentioned he talked to Ashlie (super awesome to deal with for me thus far) had not heard of this. Maybe @Dealerinsider can help out as well?

Sorry to start a new thread, but regarding ordering/pricing etc. there have been sooo many changes its hard for me to constantly keep up. I just assumed, when I signed the DORA - that was the price I was going to pay.

Thanks!

Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford explains price protection

Sponsored

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They wouldn't budge on mine and I ended up paying an extra $100 or so. Now trying to get temporary plates since they did not come with the truck (had to ship out of state they forgot to put the drop ship on the order)... almost wish I just ordered locally at this point.​

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to post here as I picked up my Maverick from Chapman Horsham yesterday. I am happy to report they honored the original invoice price. In my case, a Lariat Lux + sunroof + CP 360, the Ford price increase was over $1000, so honoring the original deal was significant. I was also able to utilize Fords 0% 36 month financing.

While they were busy, they were polite, efficient, and there was absolutely no attempt to play games or even to pressure me into any upsells.

Hope things work well for others with orders there. I will say with the volume of orders, I can only imagine how crazy things are for them - so my advice is to have patience, but also to pick up the phone if things appear to be dragging out.

BlueWonder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked-up our Maverick today. June 15 order from Chapman and drop ship to Lake Park Florida. They did everything the right way. Honored price 4% under, 0% for 36 months, no hard upsell, no tricks with the numbers. Steven and his team went out of the way with service. Would buy again or recommend them highly.
Love the truck.
Ford Maverick Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in? Maverick 2nd picture #2

jonathan1994

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So does this mean the $750 coupon code I got from Ford Marketing can't be used with August finance rates?

I read above that you can't use the state farm $500 and August finance rates together.

achen19

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RDX
I picked up my maverick this past weekend. Once I got to the dealership, they honoured price protection as soon as I mentioned it. However, I could not get a clear answer from them anytime before then via call or email.

They do not do both price protection and a rebate (student/farm/vet).
Sponsored