Sponsored

Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in?

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In light of the previous thread regarding a member who opted out of his Maverick due to the $890 increase for a pre-December 27 order, I am asking if anyone on the forum who got a truck recently from Chapman saw an increase in price?

@fordvideoguy mentioned in that post that prices are automatically protected, and nothing needs to be done? I just want to get a clear understanding of what is going on. Another member @996ttderm mentioned he talked to Ashlie (super awesome to deal with for me thus far) had not heard of this. Maybe @Dealerinsider can help out as well?

Sorry to start a new thread, but regarding ordering/pricing etc. there have been sooo many changes its hard for me to constantly keep up. I just assumed, when I signed the DORA - that was the price I was going to pay.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Note: It will have to be a window sticker first generated post 12/26/21, as the Ford letter to dealers mentions vehicles "invoice prices effective December 27, 2021".

OP
OP

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this mean, unscheduled trucks with no window sticker will have the increased price?

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
In light of the previous thread regarding a member who opted out of his Maverick due to the $890 increase for a pre-December 27 order, I am asking if anyone on the forum who got a truck recently from Chapman saw an increase in price?

@fordvideoguy mentioned in that post that prices are automatically protected, and nothing needs to be done? I just want to get a clear understanding of what is going on. Another member @996ttderm mentioned he talked to Ashlie (super awesome to deal with for me thus far) had not heard of this. Maybe @Dealerinsider can help out as well?

Sorry to start a new thread, but regarding ordering/pricing etc. there have been sooo many changes its hard for me to constantly keep up. I just assumed, when I signed the DORA - that was the price I was going to pay.

Thanks!
I bought two off of Ed. Did not have a problem.

His price was right on the pre December price increase

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought two off of Ed. Did not have a problem.

His price was right on the pre December price increase
When was your window sticker generated?

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this mean, unscheduled trucks with no window sticker will have the increased price?
The Ford memo (attached) to dealers mentions "2022 model units invoiced prior to December 27, 2021 will not be re-invoiced". I am interpreting (rightly or wrongly) that to mean vehicles whose window stickers (showing pricing) produced at the same time as dealer invoicing.

We have multiple cases to consider:
1) Vehicles delivered prior to December 27. Obviously, these will be at the lower price.
2) Vehicles ORDERED after the price increase. Obviously, these will be at the higher price.
3) Vehicles ORDERED prior to the price increase, but DELIVERED after the price increase. Let's break this down further:
3a) Vehicles ORDERED prior to the price increase and invoiced (or perhaps Window Sticker produced) prior to the price increase.
3b) Vehicles ORDERED prior to the price increase but whose sticker/invoice wasn't done until AFTER the price increase.

It is the 3a and 3b cases we don't know...

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October for both.
So your sticker was done prior to the price increase (and I'm guessing Chapman was invoiced). When were your vehicles delivered.

See my prior post, your vehicles are either in case 1) or case 3a)

ETA: It is the 3b cases that are most of interest....

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they said below current invoice. Ford has only said they will maintain the lower MSRP pricing nothing about invoice pricing.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they said below current invoice. Ford has only said they will maintain the lower MSRP pricing nothing about invoice pricing.
I'm not sure whose post you are responding to....

If Ford is price protecting the difference, it means their invoice (from Ford) pricing remains the same.

For example, let's say someone ordered a Lariat w/Lux. Let's say that has increased in price (MSRP) by $600 and the invoice price increased by $500 (just making these up as an example). When Ford says, in a memo TO THE DEALER, that "2022 model units invoiced prior to December 27, 2021 will not be re-invoiced" it means that the DEALERS invoice price is protected, e.g. in the above case they will not see the $500 increase.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats what I am asking, thank you @TooManyVehicles

I do not have a window sticker. I ordered in August. So I would like to know if I will be charged an extra $890 when its time to pickup my truck. I initially understood it that I was "price protected". But again, in light of the previous thread - it appears that I might be charged more, almost 1k more. Pretty bummed considering I put an early order in (early-ish), and still have to travel from south Florida to Philly.

LVMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Per the videos of @fordvideoguy all orders placed properly before 12/27 are automatically price protected and we should see no price increase. Even Johny's Care care video's stated something similar. I also saw the below on [banned site].com which show the process dealers are to follow. Hopefully @Dealerinsider clarifies this situation for a lot of us who placed orders with Chapman Ford. For those of us with Lariat Lux packages a price increase of about $800 is substantial.

Ford Maverick Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in? 1643243113883

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per the videos of @fordvideoguy all orders placed properly before 12/27 are automatically price protected and we should see no price increase. Even Johny's Care care video's stated something similar. I also saw the below on [banned site].com which show the process dealers are to follow. Hopefully @Dealerinsider clarifies this situation for a lot of us who placed orders with Chapman Ford. For those of us with Lariat Lux packages a price increase of about $800 is substantial.

1643243113883.png
Thank you for posting this.

What is still confusing is:
a) The image you post here seems to conflict with what @fordvideoguy posted in the other thread? The insert you posted implies that the dealer will get the difference via the DPS system in 45 days POST SALE.
b) The discussion posted about the conversation with Ashley also is confusing given she implies that there is no process, and @Dealerinsider has yet to post any clarification.

The "cynical me" is beginning to think that it is purposefully obtuse, in that it provides a way for a dealer to show a higher invoice price to the retail customer while collecting the post-sale reimbursement from Ford for the price protection. I hope I am wrong.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I would like to get 100% clarification from Chapman on this as well.

I ordered my Lariat with luxury package on 7/19 and have a build week of 2/7 and as far as I knew from what I’ve read and seen in videos I wouldn’t be subjected to the price increase.