Sponsored

Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in?

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It appears you’ll be fine; that Chapman dealer is supporting Ford’s price protection.
Chapman Philly is supporting price protection, does anyone know if Chapman horsham is supporting price protection?. It is mind blowing that I don’t know the price will be for my order from 2021.
Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is good news to hear. I am in a similar situation where I ordered in 2021 from Chapman horsham and looking for price protection from the price increase
Ain’t gonna happen at Horsham..

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
why do you say that?
Post #37 & #39 and more throughout this thread and other threads on this site. Testaments from folks that have picked up their Mavericks from Horsham and have paid the price increase. I've seen one person refuse his Maverick from Horsham due to this as well.

I'd love to be wrong about this but Horsham will have to change their policy for that to happen...

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the Ford corporate policy appears to be different - see attachment

Tim Bartz also says differently https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...with-an-890-00-msrp-increase.8824/post-235761

Post #37 & #39 and more throughout this thread and other threads on this site. Testaments from folks that have picked up their Mavericks from Horsham and have paid the price increase. I've seen one person refuse his Maverick from Horsham due to this as well.

I'd love to be wrong about this but Horsham will have to change their policy for that to happen...

Ford Maverick Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in? maverick price protection

Ford Maverick Chapman Ford Price Protection - any recent Chapman purchases care to chime in? maverick price protection

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I totally get being upset over one of the dealers charging/taking the increase and not adjusting to account for it for older orders, but...I'm not sure why as a buyer you wouldn't suck it up over at most $1K +/-?

In this market, what is the alternative? Paying more and/or waiting forever for a next-to unobtainium vehicle? There are swords to die on, but in a market where many are lucky to pay MSRP and you're walking over a lesser discount (and knowing they can turn around and will absolutely upcharge it $5-10K) seems silly.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally get being upset over one of the dealers charging/taking the increase and not adjusting to account for it for older orders, but...I'm not sure why as a buyer you wouldn't suck it up over at most $1K +/-?

In this market, what is the alternative? Paying more and/or waiting forever for a next-to unobtainium vehicle? There are swords to die on, but in a market where many are lucky to pay MSRP and you're walking over a lesser discount (and knowing they can turn around and will absolutely upcharge it $5-10K) seems silly.
I completely agree, there is no real alternative. And agree too that we signed up for a great deal, more so compared to the market today. And since mid-August when I ordered the Maverick and joined this forum I've had no issues with the delays as I understand what's going on. I've read rants and thought geeshhh folks, all will be ok in time, just hang in there.

I guess what gets me here is the dealer has the ability to make a choice - do as Ford instructs and not lose money as Ford will pay the dealership the difference or ignore the instructions and collect the money from the buyer (and maybe Ford too, not sure on this part). It's troubling to me and wish it wasn't.

Either way I still plan on paying the extra and am still excited for when my time comes. And other than this I've had no problems at all with the dealership. They have always taken the time to answer my questions and the follow up(s) have always been timely. That said I only reach out to them about every six weeks as I know they're slammed with all they do.

I appreciate your feedback and the points you made.

BobS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Bolt 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I completely agree, there is no real alternative. And agree too that we signed up for a great deal, more so compared to the market today. And since mid-August when I ordered the Maverick and joined this forum I've had no issues with the delays as I understand what's going on. I've read rants and thought geeshhh folks, all will be ok in time, just hang in there.

I guess what gets me here is the dealer has the ability to make a choice - do as Ford instructs and not lose money as Ford will pay the dealership the difference or ignore the instructions and collect the money from the buyer (and maybe Ford too, not sure on this part). It's troubling to me and wish it wasn't.

Either way I still plan on paying the extra and am still excited for when my time comes. And other than this I've had no problems at all with the dealership. They have always taken the time to answer my questions and the follow up(s) have always been timely. That said I only reach out to them about every six weeks as I know they're slammed with all they do.

I appreciate your feedback and the points you made.
I've been watching Mavericks arrive at my local Ford dealer who I bypassed for the Horsham deal. Greedy I know, but I feel I've waited a long time due to Chapman taking more orders then they have allotments for. Now I find out the 4% below invoice is not wheat I'll be paying. Shady if true. July 8th confirmation still no build date.

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have the new price list showing dealer invoice w/ holdback and suggested retail? I had based what I was paying off of a doc from 6/8/2021.

Just trying to do some math on what the new price will be.

AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got an email in to Ashlie at Chapman to get some clarification. We'll see what she says about my early Nov. order and pricing.

Sponsored

AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got an email in to Ashlie at Chapman to get some clarification. We'll see what she says about my early Nov. order and pricing.
From Ashlie:
"Ford is basing price protection on the order date and the last submitted dora in the order bank. We will honor the % under invoice discount we offered you at the time of ordering."

So it sounds like orders placed before the increase are protected and shouldn't see a price increase.

Hope this clears things up!

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just closed a deal with Chapman of Horsham last week and they held to the original July 2021 agreement on pricing - No price increases, No ADM fees, same as quoted when ordered.

They took the MSRP price and subtracted the difference between the MSRP/Invoice, then took that number and subtracted the 4% off invoice, which was exactly what they provided when I placed the order in July 2021, saving of around $1,800.

The only difference or additions was they increased the Dealer Processing Fee (Was $395, now $422) and added a fee for Out of State Internet Fee $17.75.

Overall, I paid around $45 more in fees, not markup or price increase than what was quoted.

I was very happy and pleased with the way Chapman of Horsham handled the complete process.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Ashlie:
"Ford is basing price protection on the order date and the last submitted dora in the order bank. We will honor the % under invoice discount we offered you at the time of ordering."

So it sounds like orders placed before the increase are protected and shouldn't see a price increase.

Hope this clears things up!
Perfect! Thank you for reaching out.
Not sure what changed or who was wrong and don't really care. I feel much better with the team @ Horsham.
Sponsored