First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried emailing them but no answer on allocations. I’m about to cancel my order .
Just to clarify:
Did they respond to your email and not answer the question on allocations, or did they not respond to your email at all?

Thanks.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should respond I agree there...

But us knowing the allocation or not makes no difference
I somewhat disagree here. Here's why. I've had to put $1000 in my Frontier over the past 2 1/2 months. IF I know there is no allocation and have zero chance of being scheduled, I know I can start trying to see what other options are available. For some folks, a new vehicle (whether it is new or just new to them) is a need, not a want/luxury.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I somewhat disagree here. Here's why. I've had to put $1000 in my Frontier over the past 2 1/2 months. IF I know there is no allocation and have zero chance of being scheduled, I know I can start trying to see what other options are available. For some folks, a new vehicle (whether it is new or just new to them) is a need, not a want/luxury.
I would have planned a little better....

Id keep calling him directly until you get an answer

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also a little bit worry about my order. Though the order is in Ford's system. I'm not in a hurry to get the truck, but I would like to know when I can get it.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm also a little bit worry about my order. Though the order is in Ford's system. I'm not in a hurry to get the truck, but I would like to know when I can get it.
The dealers have no idea due to poor communication from Ford. They are leaving us all in the dark.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have planned a little better....

Id keep calling him directly until you get an answer
Fair for some issues that can be planned around. I had to have cam and crank shaft sensors replaced (car was fine one minute, died in the McDonald's drive thru....even the car knows it's bad for me) and the other issue was on a trip for work, complete tire blow out, tow, replacement....Some things just can't be planned for...I sent Steve an email this morning and he's been good about responding up to this point through the process. We'll see if he has any info to share.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
They should respond I agree there...

But us knowing the allocation or not makes no difference
Yep, that was why I originally said "disagree slightly". Anyway, good luck on the days ahead.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Just to clarify:
Did they respond to your email and not answer the question on allocations, or did they not respond to your email at all?

Thanks.
Did not respond to that particular question

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too asked them about their allocation information about a month ago. I got the response:
I honestly couldn't tell you because we are such a big dealer we get supplemental allocation on a regular basis. Just might not be for Maverick.
I feel like most folks on the inner-side of a dealership's workings should have access to an exact number they currently are allowed, how many of those have/have not been filled and how many open orders they still have. I don't know why being transparent with your customers seems to be taboo-- but if they don't want to have a handful of canceled orders (thus would sacrifice an amount of future allocations due to smaller inventory needs) due to the process taking too long then it'd be in their best interest to keep us in the dark. /TinfoilHat

While on the subject of allocations: how does the disbursement of allocations work? Do dealers get a set amount and Ford pulls that amount for scheduling week 1 of a new "scheduling period" then they are out of em for several weeks until a new "scheduling period" starts? If so I'm imagining dealers like Chapman and Long McArthur probably have so many orders on hand that they can just fulfill their allocations week 1 and they're 1 pump and done for a month.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too asked them about their allocation information about a month ago. I got the response:
I feel like most folks on the inner-side of a dealership's workings should have access to an exact number they currently are allowed, how many of those have/have not been filled and how many open orders they still have. I don't know why being transparent with your customers seems to be taboo-- but if they don't want to have a handful of canceled orders (thus would sacrifice an amount of future allocations due to smaller inventory needs) due to the process taking too long then it'd be in their best interest to keep us in the dark. /TinfoilHat

While on the subject of allocations: how does the disbursement of allocations work? Do dealers get a set amount and Ford pulls that amount for scheduling week 1 of a new "scheduling period" then they are out of em for several weeks until a new "scheduling period" starts? If so I'm imagining dealers like Chapman and Long McArthur probably have so many orders on hand that they can just fulfill their allocations week 1 and they're 1 pump and done for a month.
If you find out the process, let us know. We have all wondered how that works.

Sponsored

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you find out the process, let us know. We have all wondered how that works.
Probably a good question to ask Tim Bartz on his livestream Tuesdays. If I have a chance to get in there I'll propose it to him.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a good question to ask Tim Bartz on his livestream Tuesdays. If I have a chance to get in there I'll propose it to him.
??? Not sure why Tim Bartz would know how Chapman Ford in Horsham PA does a Drop Ship. I personally don't know much about Long McArthur's as I purchased from Chapman Ford.

You are aware this thread is Chapman Ford Allocations & Delivery don't you? Just making sure.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen a few orders from chapman in this Thursday post. (see page 11 for example. )
So Chapman is still getting some of its vehicles picked up for production. Maybe he’s not answering emails because he’s getting tired of all those emails on orders for which we just should wait. In these forum we can be very wordy.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
??? Not sure why Tim Bartz would know how Chapman Ford in Horsham PA does a Drop Ship. I personally don't know much about Long McArthur's as I purchased from Chapman Ford.

You are aware this thread is Chapman Ford Allocations & Delivery don't you? Just making sure.
Ofc I know what the thread is about, however you said if I figure out the process to let ya'll know. Chances are Tim knows how the allocation process works. :) Hopefully he can shed some insight on if we are shafted for a few weeks or if there's hope!

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen a few orders from chapman in this Thursday post. (see page 11 for example. )
So Chapman is still getting some of its vehicles picked up for production. Maybe he’s not answering emails because he’s getting tired of all those emails on orders for which we just should wait. In these forum we can be very wordy.
There are no Chapman Ford orders in that thread, not even on page 11.
Sponsored