David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but has anyone noticed how Ford has changed up the climate controls. There is no longer a digital temperature readout on the dual zone controls. Just watched a Youtube video from the redneck garage on how he swapped out the part and updated the codes to match the new control.
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. I believe the switch happened sometime around late summer 2022. My September 2022 build doesn’t have numbers just a logo of a thermometer.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Occurred late May, when Job 2 started. Ford did it on many vehicles.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought this would bother me more than it has. I was fully prepared to buy a new unit from Job 1 and do the coding. But now I'm not sure I'll bother. Maybe, but not in a hurry.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It bothered me so much that I swapped it out with an hvac controller from a Bronco Sport!
Does the Bronco Sport not have rear defrost? It seems odd that the lack of digital readouts bother you, but details like a rear defrost button that serves no purpose and a recirc button that doesn't show the right image don't bother at all.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the Bronco Sport not have rear defrost? It seems odd that the lack of digital readouts bother you, but details like a rear defrost button that serves no purpose and a recirc button that doesn't show the right image don't bother at all.
Like the guy in the Redneck video, I expected the Truck to come with the lcd hvac displays! I purposely decided not to swap out the recirc button.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like the guy in the Redneck video, I expected the Truck to come with the lcd hvac displays! I purposely decided not to swap out the recirc button.
I ordered in 2021 and expected it as well. The thing about the Redneck Garage video is that he swapped in the correct Maverick-specific control panel. You've swapped in one from another vehicle which, I'm assuming, has a rear defrost button that does nothing.

If I decide to do this mod, I will only consider it with the correct part. Not from a different model. Otherwise it is swapping one annoyance for another.

But to each their own.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
I was not aware they did this.

Sponsored

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Removing temp display from dial(s) is not Maverick specific. F-150 and others were impacted also.

Some hate the omission, just as many don't miss it.
I’m used to having digital displays for climate control now. I haven’t had a car without it in probably a decade.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered in 2021 and expected it as well. The thing about the Redneck Garage video is that he swapped in the correct Maverick-specific control panel. You've swapped in one from another vehicle which, I'm assuming, has a rear defrost button that does nothing.

If I decide to do this mod, I will only consider it with the correct part. Not from a different model. Otherwise it is swapping one annoyance for another.

But to each their own.
He can actually swap out the buttons within the panel itself if he wanted to, not sure why it's such a big deal.

OP
OP
gwrace14651

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd rather see the set temp on the dials rather than half to swipe through the infotainment system. Got spoiled with the controls on our Honda Hybrids

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad mine arrived before they deleted the temp read outs on the dials. Curious if that'll be re-added in the future should the "chip shortage" ever get sorted out.

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd rather see the set temp on the dials rather than half to swipe through the infotainment system. Got spoiled with the controls on our Honda Hybrids
Me too, I was quite looking forward to the little screens like I'm used to with my Suburban. However, if Sync 3 is the same in the Mav as in my Explorer, all you have to do is fiddle +/- 1 notch and back again and the current setting pops up on top of whatever is on screen at the time. Inconvenient but not a whole lot of button pushing.
Sponsored