JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok stay with me here. I know it's a cardinal sin here to cancel an existing order due to the fact that you would be essentially giving away potential profits to the dealership whom would keep the order and mark it up thousands of dollars over!

My question is, given the situation of the upcoming 23 model year, would the dealership be able to convert my cancelled order to their own order given the fact that even the carryover orders of 2022 must place a new order for 2023?

Would they need my permission to roll my order to 2023 or that order would be forfeited if I decide not to act on it?
Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you cancel your order, then theoretically you are no longer eligible for the Private Offer assuming you plan to place a MY23 order somewhere else. Theoretically, the dealer can't place an order for a MY23 in your name but I am sure that some scum-bag dealers will try to do just that assuming that they already have a copy of your driver's license. If they "mistyped" your e-mail on the new order with Ford, you would never know about it. Even if you did cancel, it would just be cancelling with the dealer and Ford knows absolutely nothing about that unless the dealer updates it in their systems (and why would they?). That is my understanding based on reading WAY too many threads here on MTC ;-)

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dealer has to put in a new order and redo the COVP. So they can’t just redo your order, without your permission.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer has to put in a new order and redo the COVP. So they can’t just redo your order, without your permission.
Can I use that as a bargaining chip or maybe a way to get money from the dealership without taking delivery?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you cancel your order, then theoretically you are no longer eligible for the Private Offer assuming you plan to place a MY23 order somewhere else. Theoretically, the dealer can't place an order for a MY23 in your name but I am sure that some scum-bag dealers will try to do just that assuming that they already have a copy of your driver's license. If they "mistyped" your e-mail on the new order with Ford, you would never know about it. Even if you did cancel, it would just be cancelling with the dealer and Ford knows absolutely nothing about that unless the dealer updates it in their systems (and why would they?). That is my understanding based on reading WAY too many threads here on MTC ;-)
I feel your pain. Notify Ford Cotporate that you are out, and want to cancel your order. That should prevent any unscrupulous dealer from keeping your order 😉 I am considering the same move. Waiting until 2024+ to get a 2021 order is just FUBAR!

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can I use that as a bargaining chip or maybe a way to get money from the dealership without taking delivery?
If they are a slimy dealer, then maybe. But does not really seem fair to others that want a Maverick; taking a slot away.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a very interesting talk with a Ford customer service rep about my22 order.

She said that if I do want to keep the truck then I must telo my dealer to transition it to my23. I understand that part.

However, when I asked what would happen if I decide to cancel it, she said the dealership can still continue with the order to keep it for themselves.

So how is it that if I decide I want to keep it, I have to tell them to re order it but when I cancel it, they can automatically get the order fulfilled? How can they go through with the process without my permission?

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me that Ford will now punish them harshly if they sell a Maverick to anyone but the original order customer. Their allotment of new vehicles is at risk if they play dirty games like that. He asked me if I have any trepidation to please cancel the order completely.
Sponsored