Sponsored

Can you disable "check rear seats" alarm?

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is interesting: I have a Lariat Hybrid Lux, and I have never once seen this "seatbelt check mark" popup message. Of course, my wife and I (the only two people ever in the Maverick to this point) always buckle our seatbelts before pressing the "start" button, so there's that...

There is a post somewhere here on MTC where instructions are provided to disable the seatbelt chime and reminder on a seat-by-seat basis. I have no idea whether or not that would prevent the pop-up message.
My XLT hybrid has it pop up whether you are buckled or not.
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More nanny state. However, I see the notification as saving lives so yes that is a good thing but in the long term ya just can't fix stupid. Forrest Gump had it right.
clean not the gene pool

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm more interested in finding a way to delete that seatbelt check mark everytime you take off you have to hit the ok button
Simply connect the seatbelts in the unoccupied position(s).

Simple. Easy. Fast. Free. No tools required.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's only present for the vehicles with Sync3, according to the manual. I've got it on my Lariat Lux, and turned it off.

Even when you turn it off, It reminds you twice a year that you've disabled it.
I finally realized that I had to go to settings on the screen and not on the steering wheel, so I got it turned off.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My XLT hybrid has it pop up whether you are buckled or not.
Yeah, Ive heard that complaint many times. I think the Lariat/Lux with the 6.5" center display screen has different programming/settings. On mine, I de-selected the "seatbelt" screen from the "Select Screens" menu under the "Settings" for the center display, so it doesn't even present that screen as an option when I'm flipping between "views." I don't even see that "select screens" option showing as available in the manual for the 4.2" display... Sorry!

Sponsored

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Simply connect the seatbelts in the unoccupied position(s).

Simple. Easy. Fast. Free. No tools required.
That only does away with the chimes not the check marked boxes in the instrument panel screen. Then you got to hit okay so you can switch to Eco mode it won't allow you to go to Eco mode until you hit okay on the check mark seat belt screen

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That only does away with the chimes not the check marked boxes in the instrument panel screen. Then you got to hit okay so you can switch to Eco mode it won't allow you to go to Eco mode until you hit okay on the check mark seat belt screen
No. On my XLT it made everything go away in mine. I'm a solo driver 99% of the time. By leaving my passenger and rears buckled 24/7 I get no messages what so ever.

FWIW I don't think there is any sensor in the center rear position.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, Ive heard that complaint many times. I think the Lariat/Lux with the 6.5" center display screen has different programming/settings. On mine, I de-selected the "seatbelt" screen from the "Select Screens" menu under the "Settings" for the center display, so it doesn't even present that screen as an option when I'm flipping between "views." I don't even see that "select screens" option showing as available in the manual for the 4.2" display... Sorry!
Yes you are absolutely right

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. On my XLT it made everything go away in mine. I'm a solo driver 99% of the time. By leaving my passenger and rears buckled 24/7 I get no messages what so ever.

FWIW I don't think there is any sensor in the center rear position.
Unfortunately I have a 11 year old that rides back there.

Fleet6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My previous car (2017 Cruse) had sensors that activated the alert, if nothing is back there no alert.

Don't have kids so it's turned off on my truck. My main issue is that if it comes on every single time no matter what, people are quickly going to just automatically start ignoring it. Then it won't do any good. Boy who cried wolf sort of situation.

Ideally you'd have sensors in the backseat (that you could zero out with the weight of an empty car seat) so that it only comes on if there's actually extra weight (a kid) back there when you turn the car off

Sponsored

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is in my manual also but not in my vehicle., When pressing Vehicle, rear occupant alert is not there.
Same here! If I use the steering wheel menu / vehicle / there is no on or off option to choose from.
If I use my touchscreen, vehicle is dulled out and not even accessible.
I'll do more experimenting because this alert is in fact super annoying if you have no real world use for it.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that I have had my Mav for a month now, come to think of it, I have not heard it. I've been opening the rear doors a lot as I keep stuff under the seat. Had a friend riding back there a few times too and have never heard a peep.

Jimmyland

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just picked up my Maverick 2 days ago and I love it. But I'm wondering if anybody else finds the notification to check the rear seats anytime you happen to open the rear doors and then you end up getting out of the car annoying like I do? If so does anybody know how you can disable that notification?
It’s in the menu on the steering wheel menu button under Vehicle. I disabled mine after I picked up my truck. Never have any one in the back lately since it’s just me and my wife.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here! If I use the steering wheel menu / vehicle / there is no on or off option to choose from.
If I use my touchscreen, vehicle is dulled out and not even accessible.
I'll do more experimenting because this alert is in fact super annoying if you have no real world use for it.
I tried the seatbelts buckled thing, but it had no effect. I'll have to dig into the menus on the steering wheel. I swear I didn't see it in the vehicle settings though, and on the touch screen settings the vehicle is dimmed out.
More on this later ....