Sponsored

Can Anyone Answer This With Certainty?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
8,799
Reaction score
6,467
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't expect you to do anything less. In fact, you should do more. That you drive a bright orange truck and blind people during daylight hours is simply not enough.

I might suggest you add a PA system, similar to what ice cream trucks use. You could blast some really annoying warning signal to warn others that you have entered the roadway. I would also consider adding multiple white strobe lights to the exterior of your truck. Sync them to the PA system if possible for consistency.

You're definitely going to want to add the strobe taillights like ambulances use and you might as well add reflective tape for good measure. Lastly, get fitted for a good helmet.

These suggestions should keep you safe and visible while simultaneously irritating the rest of the population with maximum affect.
Ohhh! Nooo! Driving down road playing ice cream truck sounds will trigger all kinds of flashing honking screaming, etc.....
Sponsored

 

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
804
Reaction score
942
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick. ‘25 Hybrid RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
As I’ve said before…………
The Mavs have 2 lights/side; 4 total. Seen by some as highs, no matter how aimed.
There are those who take umbrage, even when using the lows.
How dare you!
Pure ego!
 

Matso

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Threads
6
Messages
306
Reaction score
481
Location
44410
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to get flashed by those high beams occasionally, but now I'm in my 60s and hair is getting gray. Sadly it just doesn't happen anymore.
 

KrS

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
KrS
Joined
May 1, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
133
Reaction score
194
Location
St Marys ON
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Tremor - Azure Grey Tri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can say with certainty, if you drive with your high beams on during the day, and drive towards me, I'm giving you the highs back, as well as a bird.

Don't drive towards vehicles with high beams, EVER.
 

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
3,215
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before my cataract surgery headlights appeared as a single large oval of approaching light. After surgery I see two single brighter lights. My replacement lenses were prescription corrected for far focus with no astigmatism or near focus correction. (Medicare did not pay for additional $1800/eye for bifocal lenses so choice was near or far correction and I wear bifocal glasses with astigmatism correction plus anti glare coating necessary for daytime sunlight and nighttime headlight glare reduction.). I don't remember how many but something like 35-40% of drivers have undiagnosed cataracts.
I recently had a complete cataract examination since I am now 67. The doctor, who is a cataract surgeon, said yes I had very minor cataracts but surgery is not needed. He said the bigger issue is the astigmatism in my right eye but Medicare would consider it elective surgery since glasses correct it. He also said he would not do the surgery even if I wanted it because he only does necessary surgeries.
 

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
804
Reaction score
942
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick. ‘25 Hybrid RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I can say with certainty, if you drive with your high beams on during the day, and drive towards me, I'm giving you the highs back, as well as a bird.

Don't drive towards vehicles with high beams, EVER.
Fine……
Instead of one driver’s sight being inhibited,
now BOTH are!
That’l teach ‘em!
 

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
3,215
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I drove locally with the high beams on during the daytime I would be shining them into 2 oncoming lanes of traffic most of the time. It would not help keep any of the drivers going 55 or more in a 35 from running into me. It might actually contribute to it. The DRLs work well. Auto high beam feature works well at night. I leave the light on auto because I am lazy (per 1 member's opinion).
 

ZhuHan

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
Joined
Nov 6, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
27
Reaction score
31
Location
VA, USA
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am really at a loss to square the following in my head. We all have read the gamut of experiences concerning the headlamps on Mavericks and the reaction to them from oncoming drivers. Some said, even when their high beams are on, they never get ‘flashed.’ I have experienced the opposite. My low beams are always getting blasted like they are on high. Kinda confused about the different reactions occuring during nighttime driving, but I guess I can write that off to varying angles of the light housings.
So, now to my ‘deeper confusion.’ I have a Cyber Orange Mav because I do love the color and I also want to be seen. I have never been charged with an accident in my 52 years of driving, but I have been hit by others 3 or 4 times. To possibly corral the attention of oncoming drivers, I was running my high beams during the day. And I was getting ‘flashed’ a lot!!! Isn’t the flashing after dark because the oncoming drivers are having a hard time visually? Am I really affecting their ability to see the road?? Are they angry when they see I have my high beams on? Are they trying to tell me they are on, to save me from wasting battery power? Do lense implant drivers see halos?? Do cataract sufferers have a hard time seeing the road because of distorted lenses?
All these possibilities cycle through my head, but I have no idea which, if any are the real reason. It truly baffles me that a few can drive at night with highs on and not illicit a reaction. I cannot even drive on a sunny day with my high lamps on and not get flashed.
I hope there will be a consenus here on MTC to my dilemma. On the other hand, my ‘plan’ to be noticed by distracted drivers was definitely working to some degree, because the reaction I was getting was pretty stark. I would say that 5 to 10% of oncomers were ‘flashing’ me. I will tally your opinions and go with whatever the vote says! Thanks to all you lucky Maverick owners!!!
'25 Hybrid AWD Lariat here. I always set my lights to 'A' (automatic) and never been flashed.
 

KrS

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
KrS
Joined
May 1, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
133
Reaction score
194
Location
St Marys ON
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Tremor - Azure Grey Tri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fine……
Instead of one driver’s sight being inhibited,
now BOTH are!
That’l teach ‘em!
Absolutely! If you don't show em, they may not know.

But I swear there's people that drive around and don't stop turning switches and pulling levers until they see a blue headlight symbol. Like they think that means their headlights are JUST ON.
 

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
5,261
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
It always amazes me when someone is making a left turn in traffic with no turn signal. The turn signal says to traffic behind him "hey, look out, I'm just sitting here!"
This. Turn signals are great visual cues for drivers around you who might not be 100% focused on the task at hand. The excuse of "well, serves them right for not paying attention" doesn't really work if it might be you who is rear-ended by them.

Signaling is not that much work, and it might give someone a hint they are in the wrong lane, or alert another driver that you are about to take up some of their braking cushion, or even save a life. It's incredible how many people are too lazy to flop that left stalk for a second or two. It even resets itself in most cases. The excuse of "well there was no one around, so I didn't signal" misses the mark, too. Turn signals are also for the drivers you don't see. :wink:

Based on some mindsets out there, I would not be surprised if some avoided signaling "to preserve the lifespan of the signal bulbs." :facepalm:
 
Sponsored

DWV

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
May 28, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
175
Reaction score
278
Location
charlotte nc
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am really at a loss to square the following in my head. We all have read the gamut of experiences concerning the headlamps on Mavericks and the reaction to them from oncoming drivers. Some said, even when their high beams are on, they never get ‘flashed.’ I have experienced the opposite. My low beams are always getting blasted like they are on high. Kinda confused about the different reactions occuring during nighttime driving, but I guess I can write that off to varying angles of the light housings.
So, now to my ‘deeper confusion.’ I have a Cyber Orange Mav because I do love the color and I also want to be seen. I have never been charged with an accident in my 52 years of driving, but I have been hit by others 3 or 4 times. To possibly corral the attention of oncoming drivers, I was running my high beams during the day. And I was getting ‘flashed’ a lot!!! Isn’t the flashing after dark because the oncoming drivers are having a hard time visually? Am I really affecting their ability to see the road?? Are they angry when they see I have my high beams on? Are they trying to tell me they are on, to save me from wasting battery power? Do lense implant drivers see halos?? Do cataract sufferers have a hard time seeing the road because of distorted lenses?
All these possibilities cycle through my head, but I have no idea which, if any are the real reason. It truly baffles me that a few can drive at night with highs on and not illicit a reaction. I cannot even drive on a sunny day with my high lamps on and not get flashed.
I hope there will be a consenus here on MTC to my dilemma. On the other hand, my ‘plan’ to be noticed by distracted drivers was definitely working to some degree, because the reaction I was getting was pretty stark. I would say that 5 to 10% of oncomers were ‘flashing’ me. I will tally your opinions and go with whatever the vote says! Thanks to all you lucky Maverick owners!!!
Modern high beams are very bright and can be quite annoying even in the daytime. Besides high beams are not necessary to be noticed low beams will certainly suffice.

I think you’re overthinking the visibility a little bit and the low beams will give you as much attention as you can get during the day. JMHO. 😊
 

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
RG
Joined
Jul 14, 2023
Threads
21
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
1,995
Location
Wissota
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Cactus XL AWD, 2017 GMC Terrain, 2012 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Opinions will be different because no 2 people on the entire planet have the exact same eyes. Sight differs by corrective prescription, age, and numerous eye conditions.
Consensus is impossible. Follow the laws and use common curtesy.
https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/high-beam-headlights-laws/
"Most states require drivers to dim their high beams when approaching an oncoming vehicle within 500 feet and when following another vehicle within 200 to 300 feet, but the exact distances vary."
 

betlouboo

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Bette
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
78
Reaction score
78
Location
Medora, IN
Vehicle(s)
26 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am really at a loss to square the following in my head. We all have read the gamut of experiences concerning the headlamps on Mavericks and the reaction to them from oncoming drivers. Some said, even when their high beams are on, they never get ‘flashed.’ I have experienced the opposite. My low beams are always getting blasted like they are on high. Kinda confused about the different reactions occuring during nighttime driving, but I guess I can write that off to varying angles of the light housings.
So, now to my ‘deeper confusion.’ I have a Cyber Orange Mav because I do love the color and I also want to be seen. I have never been charged with an accident in my 52 years of driving, but I have been hit by others 3 or 4 times. To possibly corral the attention of oncoming drivers, I was running my high beams during the day. And I was getting ‘flashed’ a lot!!! Isn’t the flashing after dark because the oncoming drivers are having a hard time visually? Am I really affecting their ability to see the road?? Are they angry when they see I have my high beams on? Are they trying to tell me they are on, to save me from wasting battery power? Do lense implant drivers see halos?? Do cataract sufferers have a hard time seeing the road because of distorted lenses?
All these possibilities cycle through my head, but I have no idea which, if any are the real reason. It truly baffles me that a few can drive at night with highs on and not illicit a reaction. I cannot even drive on a sunny day with my high lamps on and not get flashed.
I hope there will be a consenus here on MTC to my dilemma. On the other hand, my ‘plan’ to be noticed by distracted drivers was definitely working to some degree, because the reaction I was getting was pretty stark. I would say that 5 to 10% of oncomers were ‘flashing’ me. I will tally your opinions and go with whatever the vote says! Thanks to all you lucky Maverick owners!!!
I get flashed when my regular beams are on...cataract suffers need to look at the line along the edge of the road, if they don't they are blinded and could see halos...mine are fixed and I no longer have that problem.. Also my high beams change to low with on coming traffic.
 

BillHanna

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
May 1, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
225
Reaction score
401
Location
Cana, Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT, 2020 RAV4, 1975 Corvette Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would not be surprised if some avoided signaling "to preserve the lifespan of the signal bulbs." :facepalm:
Years ago I was driving a tractor-trailer in Arkansas at 3:00AM, and came on a car with NO lights. He had a CB radio, so I said something to him. He replied "I'm saving gas by keeping my lights off." He may save a quart in a year; what a dumbass!
 

BillHanna

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
May 1, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
225
Reaction score
401
Location
Cana, Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT, 2020 RAV4, 1975 Corvette Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Signaling is not that much work
I always signal turns. Doesn't matter if there is no traffic at all, it's just a good habit to have without having to think about it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top