Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_4012.jpeg
IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4024.jpeg

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

Finally did it! Went camping with the BamBeds platform and the Napier truck tent! First off, these two works flawlessly with one another! This is a cheaper alternative for a non permanent solution to a roof top tent and a camper shell!

The BamBeds fits perfectly even with my factory SIBL with Ford Logo. The company thought about it and made a cut out for it on one side. It feels rock solid even when I'm turning. I bought the tailgate extension to maximize usage. I keep them stacked close to the cabin to pack taller items for camping. Each platform weighs about 25lbs and unique to the Maverick, they are supported underneath by two additional stilts.

The Napier tent was trickier. I tried to install it at home for trial but was unsuccessful. It took me and my wife at the campsite to finally figure it out how it suppose to install properly. You have to really mind where the polls are situated and the rest would make sense! It will get hot during the day without the additional side windows. On one of the pictures, it shows I added a 10x10 canopy on top of it and it cooled the inside of the tent dramatically.

Key take aways. Absolutely a solid choice again for a cheaper solution for overlanding. The beds doesn't take much storage and the tent fits snug and does hold up even in a relatively high wind!

Only few things to keep in mind. Just like the roof top tent, you're gonna have to break the tent down if you need to use your truck for whatever reason. So plan accordingly.

Would I buy it again having this knowledge? Hard to say. It works well even with the hard roll up tonneau cover. For a solo camping definitely yes but for a family camping, you really have to be creative with packing your gears making sure you have everything you need when you get to your camp site.

PM me if anyone wants them for a cheaper price than buying them brand new. Only used it once. Local pick up only around LA.
Wow, for about $800 we can get the BamBeds kit... There has to be a cheaper option somewhere; even with the fires in Canada wood has not gone up that much. Heck, I'm sure someone here with wood working tools ands skills could make a killing at half that cost.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a one and done. Just not suitable for family use. For single or couple camping it would be ideal.

With kids, you tend to pack a lot and there's always the unexpected. I would choose this again over an expensive rooftop tent. Maybe not over camper shell which I'm currently looking into.
uh, weird. you really thought 3+ people were going to fit in the bed of a maverick... why?

I wonder if maybe the popularity and 'coolness' of overlanding got to you. It is not hard to tent camp on the ground, with foam bedrolls or cots. Hammocks are very comfortable in the summer also. If and only if your 6-8 man tent plus other gear doesn't fit under your roll-up tonneau then I would consider a camper shell to cover a larger capacity. I really wouldn't, though. I haul MTBs and other stuff in the bed too often, so if I'm camping at some point a light fiberglass RV becomes appealing, like a Scamp 16.

dadosix2004

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Maverick hybrid, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our hybrid Maverick at Fairy Stone State Park in western Virginia.
This guy does.

I think hes on MTC also
Not a one and done. Just not suitable for family use. For single or couple camping it would be ideal.

With kids, you tend to pack a lot and there's always the unexpected. I would choose this again over an expensive rooftop tent. Maybe not over camper shell which I'm currently looking into.
I'm currently at Fairy Stone State Park in western Virginia. Torrential downpour on Sunday with not a drop in our tent. We have a screen gazebo for our kitchen and an awesome site. The rack is home built out of aluminum box and is very strong. The roof top tent was a good deal and fits the truck fine.
Ford Maverick Camping at Lake Hemet with Maverick 16892937390131816057774151967578
Ford Maverick Camping at Lake Hemet with Maverick 16892937826817399750424819133465

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our hybrid Maverick at Fairy Stone State Park in western Virginia.

I'm currently at Fairy Stone State Park in western Virginia. Torrential downpour on Sunday with not a drop in our tent. We have a screen gazebo for our kitchen and an awesome site. The rack is home built out of aluminum box and is very strong. The roof top tent was a good deal and fits the truck fine.
16892937390131816057774151967578.jpg
16892937826817399750424819133465.jpg
Very nice! First time seeing a hybrid with this setup. What's the impact on your mpg? I thought the hybrid Mav performed luke warm power wise going up the mountain with full gear on the bed. I could only imagine yours.

Nonetheless, I'm very happy this is even an option for our hybrids!

dadosix2004

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Maverick hybrid, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely affected the mileage. Got 28.7 on the highway coming home. Cost me about $52. in fuel. My roof top tent wasn't the most comfortable but better than sleeping on the ground. The truck bed was loaded up to the gills. My dog got the back seat to himself and my better half was the best navigator I could have asked for. My trailer and f-150 made a similar trip pre COVID and cost me 3 x the fuel at $170 and waaay harder to drive through the mountains. Cactus kept pace at 70 MPH+ and was comfortable to drive.

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is one of those, "Hey I used this once and now I'm dumping it" posts. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the setup. I've been ground tent camping 3 times in Maverick. Works perfectly. Not really sure who "overlands" a Maverick. I'm sure there's a few...
I prefer to ground tent since I backpack a lot and I have the tents for it

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I prefer to ground tent since I backpack a lot and I have the tents for it
there are a lot of advantages to that. if your Mav is the only vehicle at your campsite it's not hard to imagine various scenarios where you need to take everything down before you can drive anywhere.

Sponsored

zendog

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2023 Maverick Lariat (hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid