Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anybody have an software for playing with offroad angles for various tire diameters and lift heights?

I have a Tremor ordered. But I was originally getting a FX/4K with the 235s but was planning on the 2.5" Superlift kit and 245/70r17s. Now that the Tremor has better angles and a lift, I dont need to lift it just yet, but am curious to know what the angles will end up being comperable to other wheelers. I am thinking about adding 245/70r17 Maxxis Bighorns and a 1.5" F/R spacer lift to the Tremor(since its already got the spring lift). That wouldequate to raising the the Tremor 2.25" over stock with the tire difference. That is a 11.6" ground clearance but what would that equate to in the angles?
Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With no one having a tremor to take measurements off of I don't know if this can be done. It should be simple geometry to get a close estimate on approach angle. Height of a triangle changing with bigger tires or a lift.

tan(θ) = Opposite / Adjacent

But we don't know the adjacent length or the Starting length for the Opposite length.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was figuring some one may have already had a formula for taking known angles/wheelbase/overhangs/tire size to figure out the new variables. I guess I will have to do math:unsure:

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Learned about approach and depart angles today at the kayak launch. Road was partially covered with water up to 4" deep as I got toward the launch. One section I soon discovered was deeper. Sort of like a mini ditch about 16" deep. Down we went with a tremendous splash and big bounce. Made it through. Worst part - I had to go back through to get out. Spent hours with the hose washing the under belly and all. I'm going to try not playing with those angles in the future.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well a Maverick Tremor with an additional 1.5" lift and 245/70swill have a departure angle of 24.6 degrees and a approach of 33 degrees. Found some cool calculators at Right Triangle Calculator | Find a, b, c, and Angle (omnicalculator.com)

Thats getting alot better, it has the around the same breakover angle as a Jeep ZJ, XJ or MJ on 31s. Which are great offroaders and has nearly the same angle as a Ranger Raptor.

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Learned about approach and depart angles today at the kayak launch. Road was partially covered with water up to 4" deep as I got toward the launch. One section I soon discovered was deeper. Sort of like a mini ditch about 16" deep. Down we went with a tremendous splash and big bounce. Made it through. Worst part - I had to go back through to get out. Spent hours with the hose washing the under belly and all. I'm going to try not playing with those angles in the future.
Eb? Tow? Fx4? Any damage, if so, what?

Thanks!

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eco, Tow & FX4. No damage at all.
SWEET... Same build as mine👍. How do you haul your yaks? I ordered a set of clamp on rails and j-bars but returned them since they poorly fitted each other coming from different companies and I'm loath to pay $800 for a clamp on system all produced by the same company like Thule (i. e. the parts will "play nice " together but at a heavy price).

Last edited:

Rallyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Camry Hybrid, 13 Sienna, 10 GX460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well a Maverick Tremor with an additional 1.5" lift and 245/70swill have a departure angle of 24.6 degrees and a approach of 33 degrees. Found some cool calculators at Right Triangle Calculator | Find a, b, c, and Angle (omnicalculator.com)

Thats getting alot better, it has the around the same breakover angle as a Jeep ZJ, XJ or MJ on 31s. Which are great offroaders and has nearly the same angle as a Ranger Raptor.
Thanks for providing this. The angles will be important in helping me understand the type of trails I will be able to take on.

I've been comparing the Maverick Tremor with other vehicles to estimate the capability better. Here is what I have so far. I apologize for any inaccuracies, this is what I have been able to find online quickly.

Is anyone aware of off-road bumpers that would improve these angles and minimize trail damage?

Vehicle ApproachBreakoverDepartureGround Clearance
Maverick Tremor30.719.922.29.4
Maverick Tremor
(1.5" Lift, 245/70R17 Tires)
33?24.611 (est)
Bronco Sport (Badlands)30.420.433.18.8
Tacoma (TRD Off-Road)322323.19.4
4runner3327269.6
Outback (Wilderness)2020.323.69.5
Jeep Cherokee (Trailhawk)29.923.232.28.7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah if a lifted Tremor is hanging with a TuRD then I am gonna be damn happy. And that isnt even getting into tire sizes that dont require the pinch weld to be trimmed. People have fit 32s and small 33s on these before. So factor that in and you have a pretty stout build on a $35k with $5k of lift, tires, intake, exhaust, and tunes.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SWEET... Same build as mine👍. How do you haul your yaks? I ordered a set of clamp on rails and j-bars but returned them since they poorly fitted each other coming from different companies and I'm loath to pay $800 for a clamp on system all produced by the same company like Thule (i. e. the parts will "play nice " together but at a heavy price).
Elevate rack with Malone saddles. Sorry about the thread hijack. Should have used "what did you do/with your mav today"

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

that's impressive i cant wait to see some real world test video's
Sponsored