Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got to take the Maverick Tremor off the pavement at a state vehicle recreation area. Very cool area, and it is so large you can go with out seeing another person for hours.

I my GPS tracks show about 200 miles was driven. Some areas were easy some hard and it changes from year to year. I got to try the off road modes and the truck did better then I thought it would. I took 10 PSI out of the tires going from the 35 PSI that the door sticker says you should be at down to 25 PSI for driving off road.

I used Normal mode, tow/hall, mud and ruts, and sand. Sand mode was the most aggressive, It would hold on shifting till 4000 RPM. I have watched on YouTube some of the Maverick Tremor Reviews and 2 of them said it was like a "Rally Car" or a "Baby Off-Road Beast" I am sure this comes from using sand mode. My style of off roading is more slow rock crawling so I used the mud and ruts mode more then sand mode, but I did do a few donuts in the name of science.

For ground clearance I was expecting the departure and breakover angle to be something I would need to watch but I was very surprised. The departure angle was never a problem, I did get a small tear in the fabric under the truck that a better breakover angle or just more clearance would help, I think I heard it rub in the middle twice. The approach angel as good as it is was the only place I got a good scrape and a small crack in the plastic. The skid plate looked untouched.

There is not a lot of wheel articulation with IFS IRS so I was on 3 wheels a lot but the locker works so well you could not tell. With the weight on the truck on the front from the engine and transmission and not a lot in the bed it was always a rear tire in the air.

I tried the crawl control and it works, keeps you right at the speed you set. It was a little starting at first as when to take your foot off the brake the truck jumps right to what ever speed you have set. When going down a steep hill you can hear the brakes making a little noise to keep the truck at the set speed but it is less noise then I have heard from other trucks.

Every time you turn off the truck you need to change modes and setting again as it resets them to normal.

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA PXL_20230322_185438772

A lot of time on 3 wheels

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA PXL_20230322_184101204

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA NZ6_1853.JPG

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA PXL_20230323_001217291

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA PXL_20230323_000702561

I have more videos but I need to edit them down before I can upload them.

Sponsored

dwkfb69

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BOSS 302 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
KOOL!!! Love the pictures and scenery 🙃

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love it! Absolutely can't wait to make my CO/UT trip to put it through its' paces. :cool:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cool! Keep the pictures coming. 😍

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
Checking the undercarriage I see. Looks good.

Sponsored

Grey Ghost 22

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Taurus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Beautiful scenery for a great test, I'm sure. Thanks for the post & pix.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love it! Absolutely can't wait to make my CO/UT trip to put it through its' paces. :cool:
Will be doing the same after my pickup at Granger.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That slot canyon pic 😍.
Thank you for sharing.

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So neat! What a fun drive!

rgwalkeriv

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice, we made it out there this weekend for some camping. Definitely want to explore more of the trails next time.
Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA 70F90ACD-C7E8-474B-A163-AB6BD389BA18

Ford Maverick Tremor Maverick offroading at Anza Borrego, Truckhaven, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA ABF22DA7-9898-4BD5-AD14-545E79DCC92B
Sponsored