First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fair enough, but I don't see how the EPA views this issue as acceptable as it stands. Glad to have you around to solve these issues for us! đź‘Ť
I don't see this improving MPG's but will prevent the build up of deposits related to the oil/vapor contamination and the largest gain will be keeping your intercooler clean and as efficient as possible.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will this be an excuse for Ford to deny any engine warranty issues due to being a non factory modification?
Nope, you remove it before you take your truck in.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Okay I don’t have my baby truck yet, so what am I looking at where the hoses from the can are connected? Will this product just plug right in? Asking for a guy who’s dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this stuff.

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya’.

20 years ago, I said the same thing about those new funky egg-mobiles (prius)
I felt the same way.
...until I got myself a Chevy Volt. Man, after than, I told myself I'd never buy a full ICE vehicle again.
Now here I am again waiting on an FX4 lol. Funny the way things work out.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oil separators are done! The way the factory system sucks unfiltered oil/vapors directly from the valve cover and into the intake tract. This is HORRIBLE. I expected a PCV in line, there is nothing. So the key is to simply keep this oil out of the intake and even more importantly the intercooler. This can does that.

The pictured can is in raw aluminum, the production models will all be powder coated in wrinkle black. We will start welding those cans up tomorrow, we should be able to ship product next week, no issue.

We are able to do these for $279!
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg

Q&A:

Sure. I'll try to explain the system. I'll try to type this out to make it make sense.

The crankshaft is spinning in the engine splashing oil around, same goes for the camshafts. The combustion process causes a lot of cylinder pressure, some of that sneaks past the rings and into the block. The cylinder heads have holes that drain the oil back to the oil pan, those same holes allow that combustion gas that ends up in the crank case to make it into the cylinder head area. So you end up with all these spent combustion gasses and oil inside your engine. The valve cover has a vent on it that, in this case, goes directly to the air intake tube. That tube is always under vacuum sucking those vapors and oil out of the valve cover and into the intake. Those gases and oil is then sucked into the turbo, compressed and travels through the intercooler pipes, intercooler and then back into the intake manifold, cylinder head/valves re-burnt and the processes goes on and on.

Over time, and in many cases not a lot of time, that oil/vapor builds up on the valves/pistons and combustion chamber. It also lowers octane values and the worst part is the oil coats the inside of the intercooler and keeps building up inside of it. We have dumped a solid 1/2 quart of oil out of intercoolers in the past.

The oil separator is put into this system and catches that oil and separates it by a filtering media that is in the can. You occasionally drain it and it keeps the largest majority of the oil in the can, that is the closed system you see here.

A vented can has a filter on the top of it and is not recirculated (I should say should not be). The valve cover vent goes to the can, the crankcase vents directly to the can and catches 100% of the oil and vapors and the intake tract where it use to re-circulate to is eliminated.

The system on the Maverick is good for performance but horrible for contaminating the intake tract. The performance side is good because it directly vents the crankcase pressure but it does so with no way to filter out the contaminates. So what you gain in a drop in crankcase pressure will soon be cancelled by an intercooler full of oil. Even a thin film of oil inside an intercooler drastically drops its efficiency.

Hope this helps.
And what if you don't have the Turbo charged engine - no intercooler, no turbo and No direct injection - ( rather port injection ) - in that case I suspect the oil may not cause any affects on - say the Hybrid?

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I felt the same way.
...until I got myself a Chevy Volt. Man, after than, I told myself I'd never buy a full ICE vehicle again.
What happed with the Volt? Did you get caught up in the battery fire recall?
That's just Volt not Tesla or Toyota EV .. Right?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happed with the Volt? Did you get caught up in the battery fire recall?
That's just Volt not Tesla or Toyota EV .. Right?
The Bolt is the one currently recalled for battery fires.

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
I went from the Volt to a C-Max hybrid (not the Energi plug-in) and totally regretted that eventually getting an Energi the next year (partially funded by Ford’s f-up’s on the EPA numbers).

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Will adding this product just prevent mileage decreased or will it increased mpg on a new vehicle?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay I don’t have my baby truck yet, so what am I looking at where the hoses from the can are connected? Will this product just plug right in? Asking for a guy who’s dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this stuff.
There is an explanation of how it all works in this thread, but yes, just a plug and play. Very simple. Hardest part is releasing the factory clips to remove the factory hose.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will adding this product just prevent mileage decreased or will it increased mpg on a new vehicle?
Will not effect MPG.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does your exhaust products or others do anything to improve MPG?
Yes, a freer flowing exhaust and intake will increase fuel milage as will a tune if done right.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.