Sponsored

Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the only pic I have that I haven't already posted pics of. This is the actual production exhaust, first one off the bender. All one piece, 304 grade stainless, SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, with the reducer built right into the tubing to slide over the factory exhaust. I have to get an open bay to get the truck back in the door to build it all and check fitment. The hangers will be direct replacements and use the nice factory rubber hangers, hangers are also all 304 grade stainless. This system will out last the life of the truck, 304 does rot/rust. I have systems on cars that are over 20 years old.

IMG_0545.jpg
This is the straight pipe version? In an earlier video I saw a resonator. Does that get welded in by you before shipment?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the straight pipe version? In an earlier video I saw a resonator. Does that get welded in by you before shipment?
That's the raw tubing off the bender, it has to have hangers added and the mufflers/resonators.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's the raw tubing off the bender, it has to have hangers added and the mufflers/resonators.
Any idea when they will ship and what configs you will offer? Im looking for a SS exhaust that is not loud, drones or wakes the neighbors:)

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea when they will ship and what configs you will offer? Im looking for a SS exhaust that is not loud, drones or wakes the neighbors:)
THIS!
I guess I’m old now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We still have to get the truck on the lift to check this first unit that was bent for fitment, we are close to releasing them. They will come in a couple options, first is the secondary cat stays in place with a nice muffler in the back, that has a great sounds no droning. The second option will be to delete that secondary cat and the last is delete it and add a resonator in it's place, that's the option I will be running.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We still have to get the truck on the lift to check this first unit that was bent for fitment, we are close to releasing them. They will come in a couple options, first is the secondary cat stays in place with a nice muffler in the back, that has a great sounds no droning. The second option will be to delete that secondary cat and the last is delete it and add a resonator in it's place, that's the option I will be running.
When you are referring to "cat" you mean catalytic converter? I know the Maverick has the catalytic converters and two mufflers. Im confused. Removing catalytic converters in PA is a no-no.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you are referring to "cat" you mean catalytic converter? I know the Maverick has the catalytic converters and two mufflers. Im confused. Removing catalytic converters in PA is a no-no.
There is the main cat in the front with the two 02 sensors and a secondary in the back with no sensors, yes, I'm referring to that in the back. Our standard system will not touch that cat. Removing it will be for the offload use only guys.

Sponsored

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
The downpipes will come later and in order to do a full turbo back like that you will need a tuner that is willing to delete the check engine lights its going to trigger. The downpipes house the primary cat with two 02 sensors.
There are ways around the check engine lights with out tuning, done it to about 10-15 cars with out issues, but it is what some people would refer to as "jerry rigged". I dont think so, but to some it might be.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
The truck ran fine with no CEL's or issues with the exhaust. The issue is Ford uses the throttle to control everything, too much torque, cuts the throttle, too much boost, cuts the throttle, looking at a log it is mind blowing the truck can even accelerate but somehow their algorithm works and the truck is smooth as is the dyno graphs. The tuning is going to be the key part of making any real power.
Could a pedal commander help mitigate some of the throttle cut? Ive never actually used one, in all my years of building performance cars.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could a pedal commander help mitigate some of the throttle cut? Ive never actually used one, in all my years of building performance cars.
I think those are one of the dumbest products ever made, it fools people into thinking the vehicle is faster. To answer the question, no it won't help with this.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
I think those are one of the dumbest products ever made, it fools people into thinking the vehicle is faster. To answer the question, no it won't help with this.
Thats kinda what i assumed, which is why ive never tried one.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truck finally made it back in the building. The production exhaust will be done and on the truck today! I'll post pics. We will need to make a fixture to build more but exhaust will be ready very-very soon!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.