Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And by “one last hurrah” you mean approximately 2,807 last hurrahs, right?

A lot of us have our Mavericks being held in train yards against their will.
No man left behind.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
go take a vacation and stop thinking about it for a bit. It will be waiting for you when you get back ;)
Thanks man I think I’m gonna stop checking this site and any site that has to do with Maverick. I just did this a month ago when my truck was built but I guess I gotta do it for another month. This is kinda like rehab and I just need another month of detox 😂. Thank you to all the sponsors for keeping me clean. Talk to you when my truck comes in.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, actually they don't NEED to do that. They are not even owned by the dealer until delivered to their lot.
Then for the sake of the customer Ford can let the dealer OWN the vehicle when the dealer picks them up at the yard. In all likelihood there may be more than one the dealer would like to have, maybe even for their lot.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then for the sake of the customer Ford can let the dealer OWN the vehicle when the dealer picks them up at the yard. In all likelihood there may be more than one the dealer would like to have, maybe even for their lot.
you make it sound so simple and easy (y) Maybe not in reality though. So dealers would need to send 2 employees to said storage lot or rail yard- which takes them offline for their regular jobs. Who exactly will they interact with at the storage lot, you expecting the employees of a storage lot (if there even is any on-site) to handle paperwork signing over the truck after checking ID of dealer employees? What if the yard is unmanned and only certain people (companies) are granted access under a contract or something? What about insurance on the brand new vehicle between storage and dealership lot? Isn't the full transport service to dealer lots paid for within our $1495 Destination charge? Wouldn't that have to be split up somehow if dealers entered the picture before the vehicle is dropped off? Seems like a lot of extra moving parts to account for to satisfy a relative few impatient customers 🤷‍♂️

Red_Rocking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum, Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford is holding the vehicles until they have the parts to replace the faulty battery harnesses we’ve heard about from others? Maybe they’ll even get them fixed before people take delivery? Wishful thinking perhaps but it sure would be nice if Ford let people know what is going on. My dealer is frustrated as well-can’t get any info about why his trucks are just sitting in the rail yard and they happen to be hybrids.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad you can't get visitation rights to see the little one at the rail yard, you know give the Mav a hug and say don't worry baby we r gonna get you outta here real soon -)
Problem is you'd have some owners having conjugal visits with their trucks.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Mine is in Newark nj, 50 miles from the dealership for a month
Is yours on any kind of hold? Or do they just keep pushing the eta back?

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Maybe Ford is holding the vehicles until they have the parts to replace the faulty battery harnesses we’ve heard about from others? Maybe they’ll even get them fixed before people take delivery? Wishful thinking perhaps but it sure would be nice if Ford let people know what is going on. My dealer is frustrated as well-can’t get any info about why his trucks are just sitting in the rail yard and they happen to be hybrids.
As you said. Hopefully fixing the electrical problem but let me know!!!! I’m a reasonable person when presented with a reasonable situation.

Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine came out of production, and then went back in, just to sit for 2 1/2 more weeks waiting for a train ride… hoping the delivery date they gave me is real, as any delays will put me pretty close to vacation week…

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you make it sound so simple and easy (y) Maybe not in reality though. So dealers would need to send 2 employees to said storage lot or rail yard- which takes them offline for their regular jobs. Who exactly will they interact with at the storage lot, you expecting the employees of a storage lot (if there even is any on-site) to handle paperwork signing over the truck after checking ID of dealer employees? What if the yard is unmanned and only certain people (companies) are granted access under a contract or something? What about insurance on the brand new vehicle between storage and dealership lot? Isn't the full transport service to dealer lots paid for within our $1495 Destination charge? Wouldn't that have to be split up somehow if dealers entered the picture before the vehicle is dropped off? Seems like a lot of extra moving parts to account for to satisfy a relative few impatient customers 🤷‍♂️
1. Having worked at a Ford dealership the 1970's our dealership pulled people from their regular jobs to handle a dealer trade, often a salesman, or a couple of us to do a repo. (Not fun! Did one one time!) Besides, wouldn't have to be employees. Could be someone who hauls two or three cars at a time, maybe someone they use to haul dealer trades instead of putting miles on the trade or pick up a disabled car.
2. Whomever picked them up would get whatever portion of the 1495 went to the transport driver, unless for some goofy reason the contract with the transporter does not dictate a limit in how much time between arrival at yard and delivery to dealer, or deals off.
3. As far as I have seen someone is at the rail/storage lot, at a security gate of some sort, who verifies and signs everything for the transport drivers. They would do the same for someone from a dealership. I certainly hope they cars are not there, unlocked, key in the ignition, and a transporter can pick and choose, or a thief pick and choose.
4. Again, I am talking when it is close enough to dealer to only take a morning or an afternoon to do the round trip.
Sponsored

Last edited: