First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased a Maverick a few weeks ago as it was “in transit” to a dealership a little . It’s still in transit with an 11/20 arrival date (which was already changed from 11/15).

(edit) update - delayed again. Now saying 11/29. Really, how difficult is it to track a vehicle being shipped? Pandemic issues are no excuse for Ford’s failures here. There exist a major disconnect between Ford and Consumer with these horrific middleman dealerships. If I can track a $20 Amazon package live as it moves around my neighborhood, you’d think we could track a vehicle.

I’ve given up trying to find what rail car it might be on or was on.

The dealership is in Santa Fe, NM. Unfortunately not the most responsive sales team.

Anyone know where the yard is where it might be sitting? Or where I can get better tracking?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most have a stop ship now

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't have the rail car info., how do you know it's sitting in a rail yard?

Mine has been on a rail car for four weeks. It has made stops in Texas, Louisiana and most recently it's moving through Georgia. Mind you the dealer I ordered from is in central Iowa... Without the railcar info. to trace, there's no telling where it could be.
Yeah I guess I don’t know for certain.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't have the rail car info., how do you know it's sitting in a rail yard?

Mine has been on a rail car for four weeks. It has made stops in Texas and Louisiana but it's now moving through Georgia. Mind you the dealer I ordered from is in central Iowa... Without the railcar info. to trace, there's no telling where it could be.
How did you obtain your rail car #? The dealer? Unfortunately my dealership doesn’t know 1/2 of what we know about the maverick.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When mine missed its first delivery window, I asked the dealer for the rail car info. They provided it right away. I also had assumed mine was sitting idle at a yard, turns out it's still making the rounds. Anyone's guess here will just be speculation.
That’s great they gave you the number. My salesman acts like this is some classified CIA information and skirts around it every time I’ve inquired. If I didn’t want the truck so bad or if there were more avail. I would have told him to get lost by now

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
That’s great they gave you the number. My salesman acts like this is some classified CIA information and skirts around it every time I’ve inquired. If I didn’t want the truck so bad or if there were more avail. I would have told him to get lost by now
Mine doesn't act like it's classified but is quite obviously FAR less informed than your average forum member.
I'm not sure what's more awesome:
  1. Having a vehicle that looks to have been built for over a month but has fallen into a black hole, while my salesperson just kinda shrugs their shoulders and says "who knows what's going on, it'll show up one of these days.".
  2. Knowing that a chunk of my purchase price will go to pay him for this "stellar" level of service and effort.
:LOL:

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask the dealership for a copy of the 'Vehicle Visibility Report'. This will show the rail car info.