First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford tells me a new date every week.. Been at the rail yard since beginning of June only 2 hours away.... Today they told me expected delivery is the 17th...
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
That is a concern I’m having. I hope they don’t try to add market adjustment pricing to it. I’m in a bad spot they know if I walk away it will be sold a day later. Ford chat told me they can charge whatever they want even on orders which just sounds wrong to me. I ordered this thing a year ago when I could have gotten 1.9% financing now it’s up to 4.5%. I wonder if I can get some special financing percentage because I ordered it so long ago?
Show them this image, you get your "locked-in" incentives from when you buy when they select the protect date instead of sale date.

Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail Incentive Protect Date Location

They also should give you price protection from when you put the order in. To process that see this image.

Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail Automatic Price Protection Process

Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail Ford_PriceProtection

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Show them this image, you get your "locked-in" incentives from when you buy when they select the protect date instead of sale date.

Incentive Protect Date Location.jpg

They also should give you price protection from when you put the order in. To process that see this image.

Automatic Price Protection Process.jpg

Ford_PriceProtection.jpg

Good Luck!
Great thank you. Does this protect us from market adjustment? I asked Ford directly when I called and did not like the answer. They told me dealer can set price to whatever they want. So I asked if I could have my truck that I order at Fords set price shipped to another dealer if I don’t like what they are selling it for? I got silence, then a no. So if the market adjustment is added to the price and it’s not too high I may buy the vehicle still but won’t keep it because I can make money off it’s sale. It will be a hard choice. I’ve been waiting close to 400 days for this truck and read about it daily but I will not let it put me under water debt wise. I chose this truck sight un seen because of its value. So now if I can sell it well above its valve I will because I’m not gonna hold on to it then the market falls out and I have a truck that I paid way too much for. It was supposed to be a cheap vehicle and dealers are adding 30% to its price. So if you pay 30% above MSRP then when things return to normal the day you bought it you lost about 20% of its value. Now put it all together ( things are back to normal) I buy it 30% above MSRP deprivation sets in at 20% now I’m under water 50%. So I hate to say it I may sell this vehicle which I fully supported and was super excited about it. I’m sorry to say this trust me

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Incentive Protect Date Location.jpg

Automatic Price Protection Process.jpg

Ford_PriceProtection.jpg

Good Luck!
Thank you for all you’ve done for this community and me. I think Ford owes you too. You have kept me more informed then Ford themselves. You should be a PSSR guy for Ford with a giant bonus. Thank you and I may be calling you guys for a 2023 order after my deal falls thru. Just got a bad gut feeling. Again thank you.

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Great thank you. Does this protect us from market adjustment? I asked Ford directly when I called and did not like the answer. They told me dealer can set price to whatever they want. So I asked if I could have my truck that I order at Fords set price shipped to another dealer if I don’t like what they are selling it for? I got silence, then a no. So if the market adjustment is added to the price and it’s not too high I may buy the vehicle still but won’t keep it because I can make money off it’s sale. It will be a hard choice. I’ve been waiting close to 400 days for this truck and read about it daily but I will not let it put me under water debt wise. I chose this truck sight un seen because of its value. So now if I can sell it well above its valve I will because I’m not gonna hold on to it then the market falls out and I have a truck that I paid way too much for. It was supposed to be a cheap vehicle and dealers are adding 30% to its price. So if you pay 30% above MSRP then when things return to normal the day you bought it you lost about 20% of its value. Now put it all together ( things are back to normal) I buy it 30% above MSRP deprivation sets in at 20% now I’m under water 50%. So I hate to say it I may sell this vehicle which I fully supported and was super excited about it. I’m sorry to say this trust me
That does not protect from market adjustment from the dealer. They can do what they want. That information is for dealers that don't know what they are doing.

Sponsored

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck has been sitting 20 miles away for 11 days. Per my last email from Ford it's going to take another 4-10 days for delivery. I thought I was on the home stretch when the truck shipped two days after being built, but noooo. 🙂
You people are lucky my Maverick arrived in Kansas City and has been sitting there since June 10, and I still have know idea when it will be delivered to my dealer which is about 50 miles away in Savannah Missouri.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes sense. Could be something to do with the new recall or the harness issue that is happening lately. If that’s true I hope they have a fix soon and get moving with it.
That’s what I thought, but when I purchased my Maverick yesterday (I FINALLY GOT MY MAVERICK!!!) the salesman said they did the recall work at the dealership that morning.

I don’t know. On the one hand, doing work on the truck at a railyard shop makes sense, but they did the recall at the dealership. Not sure what to believe.

But believe this: I REALLY like this truck and think it was worth the 13 month wait!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is free from jail. I just got the call this morning that it is at the dealership awaiting PDI. I asked about if the recall still needed to be done yet. They didn’t know anything about it. To me that means there isn’t a stop sale on it and it may have been fixed at the train yard. Good luck to others waiting. I hope it was due to the stop ship/sale until the recall is done.

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is free from jail. I just got the call this morning that it is at the dealership awaiting PDI. I asked about if the recall still needed to be done yet. They didn’t know anything about it. To me that means there isn’t a stop sale on it and it may have been fixed at the train yard. Good luck to others waiting. I hope it was due to the stop ship/sale until the recall is done.
That's GREAT news. Mine has been sitting in Portland since early April.

Sponsored

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealership called and my hybrid Lariat Mav has busted out of jail! Only hicup is that some dasterdly person has cut the catalytic convert off while in the rail-yard jail. The good news is that by the end of next week it'll be fixed and ready for delivery! WooHoo!

Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail IMG_5571.JPG

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Free at last she’s free at last. No dealer markup and they threw in the factory rubber floor mats for free. Salem Ford in Salem NH is top notch. Mike and Chris are great to deal with. I’ve had it for only a few days but I’m fully enjoying it. A great truck.
Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail 8D45D450-8BB1-40F5-B0A8-654D8C98C6F0

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mines still in jail. Been an month, hopefully she is set free this week!

azadv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine two weeks ago after it Sat in train jail for a month and a half in PHX. No dealer shenanigans, got the price when I ordered July 13 2021 and my $220 of FordPass points I used to help buy a tonneau cover (waiting for that).
Ford Maverick Breaking Maverick out of Train Yard Jail 526FF6C4-F2FF-4FE2-B748-1595F6529284
Sponsored