Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waiting for your Maverick ? Brazil and Argentina already getting theirs
Ford Maverick Brazilian Mavericks already on 18 wheelers Screenshot_20211127-093755_Gallery
Ford Maverick Brazilian Mavericks already on 18 wheelers Screenshot_20211127-093744_Gallery
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t get mad at Ford wanting this truck to sell in more places. I can be very mad that these are getting shipped when U.S. buyers ordered first.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if those and the ones shown on the dock in Argentina are actually refurbished Test Mules, car show display, and other pre-production units like the traveling testers were driving around USA, and those provided for car magazine reviewers? I believe we saw pix recently of units configured for Brazil that had a different drop in bed liner and turn signals in mirrors?

It would make sense to repurpose some of those other vehicles for static displays in showrooms, car shows, and Spanish language test reviewers to get the word out on Maverick and actually have some vehicles for people to check out in person instead of just digital advertising. I wouldn't just assume they already opened order banks are already delivering SA retail and stock orders from the queue for North America, but I could be wrong.

maybe the fordvideoguy has some info he can share...

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several dealers around me have Maverick's on the lot and many EB orders have been built and are shipping and delivering within the "fall" timeline Ford has targeted.

I don't really see where Brazil is ahead of the game, unless these are hybrid shipments.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t get mad at Ford wanting this truck to sell in more places. I can be very mad that these are getting shipped when U.S. buyers ordered first.
I don't think that Ford ships vehicles from the factory already registered and plated. Look at the picture of the Maverick on the top deck.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think that Ford ships vehicles from the factory already registered and plated. Look at the picture of the Maverick on the top deck.
I had thought these might be training/testing/review units, good catch.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid isn't being offered in South American so those are going to be Ecoboost models. Since they have license plates on them they're probably test/show truck being moved around to the different countries for display and PR events.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several dealers around me have Maverick's on the lot and many EB orders have been built and are shipping and delivering within the "fall" timeline Ford has targeted.

I don't really see where Brazil is ahead of the game, unless these are hybrid shipments.
I was under the impression from the start that when reservations opened, then order banks, this was only North American process going on and we would only be competing for production slots against USA and Canada purchasers. I don't recall it ever being mentioned, much less publicized, that the order banks included global buyers at that early time?

maybe I just missed it, but I've been following the Maverick story since before Ford even admitted it was a real product and there just hasn't been a huge effort to push sales anywhere but North America throughout the stops and starts and delays we have been experiencing. Would be pretty frustrating if Ford had been allocating orders for other countries at same time behind the scenes in times of parts shortages.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was under the impression from the start that when reservations opened, then order banks, this was only North American process going on and we would only be competing for production slots against USA and Canada purchasers. I don't recall it ever being mentioned, much less publicized, that the order banks included global buyers at that early time?

maybe I just missed it, but I've been following the Maverick story since before Ford even admitted it was a real product and there just hasn't been a huge effort to push sales anywhere but North America throughout the stops and starts and delays we have been experiencing. Would be pretty frustrating if Ford had been allocating orders for other countries at same time behind the scenes in times of parts shortages.
Yeah, I'm not sure about global production goals/inclusion either. I'll look into it myself and see what I can dig up. 👍

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well I hate to the barer of bad news, but Ford announced introducing the Maverick in South America about a month ago. If you Google it there's a few articles on it. Also as a kick in the pants those Mavericks are being built in the same factory as the 🇺🇸 and 🇨🇦! Good news for Ford stockholders, but for the rest of us it's just another delay! 😡

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. These are almost certainly press units.
2. What do you expect Ford to do with all this spare EB capacity that's available in the factory later this year? The factory is ramping up. They have an abundance of EB parts and a shortage of Hybrid parts. Should they just allow all that capacity to run fallow? I think many here think so, and they should be punished for not being able to source more Hybrid parts based on demand.

I believe Ford knows it's going to fully satisfy North America demand this model year handily with the EB. I believe they will increase Hybrid production significantly next model year with new supply contracts. But I also expect increase in sales price.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I hate to the barer of bad news, but Ford announced introducing the Maverick in South America about a month ago. If you Google it there's a few articles on it. Also as a kick in the pants those Mavericks are being built in the same factory as the 🇺🇸 and 🇨🇦! Good news for Ford stockholders, but for the rest of us it's just another delay! 😡
https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/2...tinue-south-american-push-with-brazil-launch/

This Ford Authority article says only the Maverick "will launch" in Argentina & Brazil in 2022. How exactly did the launch go here in USA/Canada? It also doesn't say they are currently building those units in Hermosillo?

https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-maverick-arrives-in-brazil-as-import-pivot-takes-shape/

Likewise this article about the units on the dock in Argentina says " However, these initial units – all of which are equipped with Lariat trim and the FX4 Off-Road Package – are merely being used “to support the actions that precede the launch,” according to Ford, while the actual Maverick launch is still planned for 2022. "

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/bon-voyage-ford-maverick-argentina/

Motor Biscuit article includes these quotes "Luckily, the Ford Maverick was launched in the United States so people can have the chance to get it before supplies are sent to Argentina and other South American countries. " and "The Maverick, Escape, Bronco Sport, and Lincoln Corsair are currently built at the plant in Hermosillo, Mexico. But Ford Motor Company is investing $580 million into the Ford Pacheco Assembly Plant in Argentina in preparation for the 2023 Ford Ranger. Perhaps the Maverick will be built there as well.

Another article from Sept 2021 says the configuration for Brazil hasn't even been decided yet.

Soooooo... connecting the dots for me says they won't be even taking orders right away in 2022, and the "launch" will happen 1st and probably have a reservation system 1st like we had here before even taking orders begins. This all means current NA orders are being built fulfilled currently and nothing built for the SA markets at Hermosillo until sometime in the future.

I could be wrong, but time will tell.
Sponsored