Sponsored

$1000 rebate on Mavericks?

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I ordered my Maverick Hybrid on August 18th and was told by the salesman that there was a $1000 rebate if you ordered during that time. He hand wrote this on my paperwork in August. My truck has been built and is scheduled to be delivered next week but when I went into the dealership to set up financing they said there is no rebate and there is nothing they can do about it.

They said it was a mistake by the salesman and they were sorry but there is nothing they can do. They seemed fine with me walking away (which I get) because they can mark my Maverick up 5-10k and sell it.
Iā€™ve been waiting for 8 months(I was also told it would be 2-3 months) and want my truck but also thought it would be $1000 less.

Was anyone else promised this rebate?
Any advice?
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford had order rebates on a few models like F-150s, etc. so maybe your salesperson mistakenly thought it applied to the Maverick as well.

As long as you didn't plan on using one of the order date locked financing rates you could always try signing up for the Illinois Farm Bureau to get $500 off that way if they process the membership fast enough.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was not promised any rebate from the dealer/salesperson.

I did get a $750 certificate from Ford Marketing (800-334/4375) and a $500 discount from Farm Bureau. My salesperson confirmed that both are valid even though my truck is delayed.

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Bait and Switch - they got you to place an order and then drove you away, so they can sell the truck 50% higher. Typical for dealers and this vehicle. Welcome to Earth and The United States!

The Maverick has never been included in any Ford Rebates.

I was lucky and ordered with Chapman of Horsham and that saved me $2,500 under invoice pricing. No Deposit, No ADM Fees - Just an honest dealer.

Sorry for your headache!

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick Hybrid on August 18th and was told by the salesman that there was a $1000 rebate if you ordered during that time. He hand wrote this on my paperwork in August. My truck has been built and is scheduled to be delivered next week but when I went into the dealership to set up financing they said there is no rebate and there is nothing they can do about it.

They said it was a mistake by the salesman and they were sorry but there is nothing they can do. They seemed fine with me walking away (which I get) because they can mark my Maverick up 5-10k and sell it.
Iā€™ve been waiting for 8 months(I was also told it would be 2-3 months) and want my truck but also thought it would be $1000 less.

Any advice?
The $1000 rebate was never available on the Maverick. Seems your salesperson is not in the know.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided

Any advice?
It's my understanding that salesmen can't set any pricing, as only managers and owners have that authority. If you get out of there without any ADM or "mandatory" dealer installed options, you have probably done OK.

You didn't mention what your deal was or if you are paying any fake "doc fees." Hopefully, you will make out better than others on this forum.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If youā€™re a Farm Bureau member you can get a $500 rebate for sure.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The $1000 rebate was never available on the Maverick. Seems your salesperson is not in the know.
Correct. That $1000 rebate was discussed in these forums back then. It was clearly not available on the Maverick. That salesperson was mistaken.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Private and public offers are in the Smart VINCENT. Taking your copies to confirm incentive numbers is advisable and shows the dealer your not totaly at their mercy when it comes to available price, finance and incentives.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick has never been included in any Ford Rebates.
This isnā€™t true. I was sent a $750 rebate offer back in Jan that applied to the Maverick through April. Sadly it expired a few days ago and I still donā€™t have my Maverick. šŸ˜¢ slap in the face

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was not promised any rebate from the dealer/salesperson.

I did get a $750 certificate from Ford Marketing (800-334/4375) and a $500 discount from Farm Bureau. My salesperson confirmed that both are valid even though my truck is delayed.
You need to confirm that the rebates will "stack" for use together. I have the $750 rebate attached to my account in VINCENT data base and my dealer was honoring Farm Bureau $500 as well (not all dealers will honor that 1). I sat with my sales rep and pulled up my account and tried to select Farm Bureau $500, but it would not select unless we deselected the other Ford $750 rebate. It is only 1 or the other but not both together. YMMV

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This isnā€™t true. I was sent a $750 rebate offer back in Jan that applied to the Maverick through April. Sadly it expired a few days ago and I still donā€™t have my Maverick. šŸ˜¢ slap in the face
Correct. You have to look in the fine print and make sure Maverick is not excluded like Mach-E, Shelby and a couple others.

FWIW, my Ford direct mailer for $750 had expiration date of Jan 3 2022, and I had ordered Dec 15th 2021. That $750 rebate still shows active and valid in my Vincent account as of last week, and Ford sent me an email with the same offer again about 2 weeks ago and it goes until near end of 2022. I took that to my dealer and we checked Vincent again and it has the exact same code on it as the existing 1- so they just renew it if you don't have your truck by expiration date. YMMV
Sponsored