Would that brake hold feature cause the op’s issue? I feel that thing makes the brakes constantly make contact. Idk
Sponsored
Thats irritating, the rotorsSo has anyone else had brake pads/ rotor issues?
At 20,000 miles my rotors self destruction.
1/16 inch pits all over the rears and the fronts warped ans grooved severely.
The dealer replaced them under warranty but wouldn't do the padswhich the rears were destroyed because of the rotors.
![]()
Rotors destroyed, but calipers not sticking? Thought the calipers if sticking caused both rotor and pad deteriation.So has anyone else had brake pads/ rotor issues?
At 20,000 miles my rotors self destruction.
1/16 inch pits all over the rears and the fronts warped ans grooved severely.
The dealer replaced them under warranty but wouldn't do the padswhich the rears were destroyed because of the rotors.
![]()
Constantly?Would that brake hold feature cause the op’s issue? I feel that thing makes the brakes constantly make contact. Idk
Not really making sense - you didn't list the ABS which would be involved.That would make sense because they replaced the ACM and BCM last week because of other dash related issues. I never use that feature or the parking brake but they're controlled by these computers
Thats irritating, the rotors
Rotors destroyed, but calipers not sticking? Thought the calipers if sticking caused both rotor and pad deteriation.
You replaced pads yourself. Interesting, So you had the truck towed home where you then put the new pads on? How much did they want to put the new pads on?
Curious--
I never used the parking brake or the hold control.Constantly?
It applies brake pressure - same as the brake pedal being pushed - when stopped.
But the pedal must have been applied, and hard enough, and long enough, to engage.
So no fast stops, obviously no rolling stops.
Fkn bingo. I feel the same way. Mine is squeaking at 20,000 as well.Do you have Adaptive Cruise Control by any chance? I have it on my Maverick and a Chevy Equinox. I know the system uses the brakes a lot when there is a slower vehicle in front of me. I sometimes wonder if the system does not ride the brake system more than it has to for the sake of safety. I try to disengage the Adaptive Cruise Control when in traffic to prevent excessive brake usage by the system.
.So here is an updated.
I was supposed to receive a callback from a customer service supervisor within 24 hours. Guess what didn't happen
5 days later I got a call back from someone who could barely understand that left a message.
Ford wouldn't stand behind their product, big surprise there., even though the dealer's service manager said that the rotors were the cause for the pad failure.
I see that time to time ford chimes in to answer questions but they're avoiding any answers about this problem.
If they have a defective part or issues the should own up to them especially when the dealership said that it's not the first time they've seen it.
I've been a mechanic for 40+ yrs and to have rotors and pads fail at 21000 miles under highway conditions is dismal at best. They should be ashamed to put their emblem on such poor quality.
As a wise business teacher taught me yrs ago. One once of negative publicity costs hundreds of thousands dollars in sales. That was before the internet
I plan on doing a YouTube review of this problem along with all the computer issues I've had shortly.
If it costs only one sale it will be worth it.
Those brakes pads definitely might have been cheaper
Had it 21 months and it's been at the dealership over one month of the 21 not counting the recall trips.
Gas mileage very good, ride decent, but the electronics and brakes were beyond poor
Before you do all of that, give me a heads up so I can move my Ford stock into something else.As a wise business teacher taught me yrs ago. One once of negative publicity costs hundreds of thousands dollars in sales. That was before the internet
I plan on doing a YouTube review of this problem along with all the computer issues I've had shortly.
If it costs only one sale it will be worth it.
Those brakes pads definitely might have been cheaper
Spike, hoping you get good news about them replacing pads. Guess their waiting for Ford to call them back. So if they dont fix pad then you will do the pads, right? But you then got to get a tow truck home, right? I want all to go well for you.The dealer replaced the rotors free of charge. There were multiple pits the size of quarters on them about 1 /32 to a 1/16th deep.
They wanted $272 dollars to install new rear pads that the rotors destroyed.
Never used the parking brake or the assist brakes ever.
Ford claims the rotors were covered but the pads were only covered to 18000 miles. I took it to the dealership at 22,000 or slightly less.
In my opinion, I'm a mechanic, new brakes from the dealers lot should easily make 35000 miles. Not be metal to metal at 22000.
My usual life span on aftermarket ones on the trucks I tow with are about 45000 miles.
Dealer service manager actually admitted they've had multiple complaints.
Waiting patiently to hear back from Ford customer service.
I opened up a case with them
Good point on post above, since mainly highway miles.Definitely into the squeaker or a stone wedge into the caliper which is easy to check.
One would expect pads to last easily 35,000 to 40,000 from the factory unless it under severe braking conditions or towing.
98% of my miles were all highway.