Sponsored

Bluetooth connection FINALLY FIXED with newest software update!!

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My phone would always eventually drop the bluetooth connection, forcing me to awkwardly use my speakerphone, if I drove long enough. Sometimes I could watch it disconnect, and then re-pair, while I was driving. I tried fully re-pairing from scratch etc, and this *seemed* to help sometimes but it would never stick.

I installed the newest software update a couple weeks ago and I am happy to report that the bluetooth connection has been bulletproof ever since! I've had exactly zero disconnects and every single time I go to place a phone call it's worked as expected.

Yes, this is pretty much the minimum standard for all vehicles from the past 10 years...but I'm still very happy.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. The software update didn't add features that I have noticed, but it did fix this. Worth it.

Kirkstone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, BMW X1, MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What was the date of the update? Thanks.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Silly question I am sure, Maverick for me is two weeks away, how does one get software update?

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 weeks away from being built? Or 2 weeks away from delivery? it would come with it if it was the current version when the truck was produced. If you don't have the current version, you would need to run the update request when you have the truck in your possession.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure when it was released. I just ran it about 2 weeks ago.
so mine drops everyday and has for almost the 6 months I have had it. I updated it when I first got it tho and it still happened. When I update my iPhone to newest releases it gets better but still. Not so much with iOS 16 but Now with iOS 16.0.3 it’s happening daily. Even on 5 min trips. So can you look what build yours has in it?

and how old is your truck and how many times have you updated it?

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Silly question I am sure, Maverick for me is two weeks away, how does one get software update?
On the infotainment screen on the settings section. You need to hook it up to Wi-Fi first then tap search for updates

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 weeks away from being built? Or 2 weeks away from delivery? it would come with it if it was the current version when the truck was produced. If you don't have the current version, you would need to run the update request when you have the truck in your possession.
Two weeks, or less, from delivery. It's currently making its way across AZ as of yesterday headed to CA.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two weeks, or less, from delivery. It's currently making its way across AZ as of yesterday headed to CA.
If it were me, (and it will be eventually), I would dedicate an entire day to going thru every menu to customize my settings. Including parking close to my home Wi-Fi and repeatedly pressing the "check for updates" button. I'm probably going to run thru an entire tank of gas just idling in my driveway. Haha.

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it were me, (and it will be eventually), I would dedicate an entire day to going thru every menu to customize my settings. Including parking close to my home Wi-Fi and repeatedly pressing the "check for updates" button. I'm probably going to run thru an entire tank of gas just idling in my driveway. Haha.
Hahaha, I may just sit in it for hours thinking I won the lottery, somehow she made it home!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

in the infotainment menu, I think under settings, you can connect to a wifi network. you need to connect the truck to a wireless network in your home - if the signal is strong enough in your garage or wherever you park - or you can set up a hotspot on your phone. the updates are not that large.

then you go in and check for updates repeatedly. seriously, a lot of people have posted that they connected to wifi, checked for update and nothing. and then they did it again 2-3 more times and viola! there's an update being downloaded.

if you have it connected to a wireless network that it can always see when you're parking, it can update itself. that's the idea. but in reality, most people will need to manually check for updates and do them.

OP
OP
aspect

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so mine drops everyday and has for almost the 6 months I have had it. I updated it when I first got it tho and it still happened. When I update my iPhone to newest releases it gets better but still. Not so much with iOS 16 but Now with iOS 16.0.3 it’s happening daily. Even on 5 min trips. So can you look what build yours has in it?

and how old is your truck and how many times have you updated it?
I've had another update in the past, earlier this year. My truck is a little over a year old. This update just came down a few weeks ago. I don't have the version number handy but I'd strongly recommend trying an update and see if one shows up.

I will say that the ONLY way I've gotten my truck to see an update is by tethering to my phone wifi (and even then I had to check a couple times). When connected to the wifi at work or home, it didn't see the update. Maybe the connection isn't quite good enough outside.

Either way, if you've done an update before then I'm sure you can get this one to work.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had another update in the past, earlier this year. My truck is a little over a year old. This update just came down a few weeks ago. I don't have the version number handy but I'd strongly recommend trying an update and see if one shows up.

I will say that the ONLY way I've gotten my truck to see an update is by tethering to my phone wifi (and even then I had to check a couple times). When connected to the wifi at work or home, it didn't see the update. Maybe the connection isn't quite good enough outside.

Either way, if you've done an update before then I'm sure you can get this one to work.
sweet I will check. Thanks